• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser20367

Haven't had problems with same-Age trades but trying to trade up has definitely gotten harder.

DeletedUser25273

With the old system, some people tended to be placed lower in the hood and could trade up, and some were placed higher in the hood and trading up wasn't a hood option. I think this was somewhat based on play style (as play style affected the variables that the neighborhood system looked at). For some people trading up was always something they needed to look to their guild or friends for. This change just levels the field for this.

Vikon

We of course will be happy to know your opinion about this new system, so please don't forget to share here!

Your Forge of Empires Team
The new neighborhood system is too homogeneous. It's fine to have most of your neighbors in the same age as you, but it would be better if some were one age above and some one age below. This would help in trading for goods up or down from your own age.

DeletedUser26154

but it would be better if some were one age above and some one age below. This would help in trading for goods up or down from your own age.

True that, it's one limitation.
I had to rebuild my friend list because of it.
The best solution to that is...
Gather all the goods you'll need, from that era, while you are in that era.
Count how much you'll need for the next two eras past the one you are in.
That will pretty much cover you.
Any little extra amounts you'll be able to trade for with not too effort in most cases.

The Ardak Fair Trade Market has been open all week to help people with quests and negotiations.

really.png

18 pages of very good stuff, spanning Industrial Age to Future Era.
One day I'll trade from low to high.
Next day I'll trade from high to low.
This way there is a full exchange of what people need.
Instead of trade being a one way street.

DeletedUser26965

hmmm, I see why some people still complain

Yep, same hood. 36 million to 1000 spread lol, might need a few watchfires.
WRvYAbQ.jpg

DeletedUser5040

I understand that you want to "spice things up" by changing neighborhood members but do you have to change so many? It's time consuming learning about armies in new hoodies and time consumption is certainly a consideration of whether the game is fun or a pain.
Rather than changing 50% to 80% ( I confess I haven't made an accurate count but it appears to be a lot; up to 80%) can't you be happy with changing 20%?

Algona

I understand that you want to "spice things up" by changing neighborhood members but do you have to change so many? It's time consuming learning about armies in new hoodies and time consumption is certainly a consideration of whether the game is fun or a pain.
Rather than changing 50% to 80% ( I confess I haven't made an accurate count but it appears to be a lot; up to 80%) can't you be happy with changing 20%?

If you are studying hoodies armies then you're prolly plundering, not?

Look at it from the viewpoint of the plunderee. Typically a yutz getting plundered on a regular basis is a player who isn't smart enough to figure out or ask for advice how to not get plundered. Their only respite from rabid plunderers is the hood shuffle...

Which will almost certainly get them new rabid plunderers. But they get the illusion of a break.

DeletedUser27137

hey, why not just add a note to each player's pic indicating what he's using for defense eh? and while we're at it.. let's just have it so his goods are just automatically deposited into your inventory.. that'll save some time won't it..

DeletedUser

Sometimes it's a lot, sometimes not so much. I've had hood shuffles where I could barely tell the difference between the old hood and the new.

DeletedUser26293

We of course will be happy to know your opinion about this new system, so please don't forget to share here!

Your Forge of Empires Team
I made the comment when you first began this atrocity, that it would be nice if you would put the plunderers with plunderers and that you would NOT make the changes you proposed as to Era's. ... Exactly as I feared, I am being plundered daily by players with 7m exp points while i have barely over 500k,,,, and it has become even more impossible to get the trades i need. This was a VERY BAD IDEA/DECISION/?? CHANGE that should be UNdone and FIXED IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER !! i am, as you can see,,,,, VERY UNHAPPY with FOE atm

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29295

I made the comment when you first began this atrocity, that it would be nice if you would put the plunderers with plunderers and that you would NOT make the changes you proposed as to Era's. ... Exactly as I feared, I am being plundered daily by players with 7m exp points while i have barely over 500k,,,, and it has become even more impossible to get the trades i need. This was a VERY BAD IDEA/DECISION/?? CHANGE that should be UNdone and FIXED IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER !! i am, as you can see,,,,, VERY UNHAPPY with FOE atm

Here is my question to you: how, exactly, are they to track the plunderers? Can't be by battle count, because lots of those are from GvG. By monitoring every account? This fix they did is about the best they could have done: you are grouped in the same Era as other players in the hood. The difference being that some (like myself) take the time to plan and prepare, while others just like to advance through the Eras and get the latest and greatest things even though it costs them when they run into players who have prepared better then they have.

But answer me: how, exactly, are they supposed to make life easier for you by doing this? And just remember, if they make it easier for you they make it more difficult for someone else. Is that fair to the others that will now have a harder time?

DeletedUser28670

So... in real life...
murderers with murderers and nice people with nice people?
nice concept but impossible.

DeletedUser31592

It sounds like you aged up too quickly.

Protect your city by setting up a good defense and collecting on time.

Honestly, plundering was far worse before this change. Beforeo that, you could have really big players many ages above you terrorizing you. And sniping your GBs. I almost never get attacked anymore when I used to get attacked all the time.

And, lastly, your idea is terrible. I'm not a fighter. Not GvG, PvP, and only guaranteed wins on GE. However, I need to be able to attack my neighbors if a quest requires it. Your idea would make this impossible. Therefore, it is a terrible idea in my opinion.

DeletedUser26293

Here is my question to you: how, exactly, are they to track the plunderers? Can't be by battle count, because lots of those are from GvG. By monitoring every account? This fix they did is about the best they could have done: you are grouped in the same Era as other players in the hood. The difference being that some (like myself) take the time to plan and prepare, while others just like to advance through the Eras and get the latest and greatest things even though it costs them when they run into players who have prepared better then they have.

But answer me: how, exactly, are they supposed to make life easier for you by doing this? And just remember, if they make it easier for you they make it more difficult for someone else. Is that fair to the others that will now have a harder time?

DeletedUser26293

how, exactly, are they to track the plunderers?
Seriously? ... You think they can't and don't have the ability to track every detail of the game? If so ,,, you are extremely naive.... and the way they make life easier.... is to do as so many of us suggested and begged them to do, which is to put together those who enjoy taking advantage of one another, into their own grouping. ... i myself, will abort a quest before i will plunder my neighbor, because i KNOW HOW DIFFICULT IT IS to get goods,,, and how NASTY it is to sign in and have them plundered by a neighbor who is so much higher level than you there is no possible way to defeat them :(

DeletedUser

how, exactly, are they to track the plunderers?
Seriously? ... You think they can't and don't have the ability to track every detail of the game? If so ,,, you are extremely naive.... and the way they make life easier.... is to do as so many of us suggested and begged them to do, which is to put together those who enjoy taking advantage of one another, into their own grouping. ... i myself, will abort a quest before i will plunder my neighbor, because i KNOW HOW DIFFICULT IT IS to get goods,,, and how NASTY it is to sign in and have them plundered by a neighbor who is so much higher level than you there is no possible way to defeat them :(
You speak of that which you do not know. A neighbor will at most be 2 ages ahead of you, and even that will be rare. The only reason that there is "no possible way to defeat them" with most of your neighbors is because you don't want to put the work in to do it. I occasionally get plundered, even in my best defended cities. It's a fact of life in this game. The strategy to minimize it is twofold. First to designate a decent defense army for your city, which includes building up your defense boost through Watchfires, Ritual Flames and the defense GBs. Second is to set your goods production cycles (and any other plunderable buildings) to coincide with times you will be on to collect them. If you don't pay any attention to defense, and you leave goods sitting there ripe for the taking, don't blame the plunderers for playing by the rules of the game. Blame your laziness and/or victim complex. End of story.

DeletedUser29295

Seriously? ... You think they can't and don't have the ability to track every detail of the game?

The ability or not is not the issue: do they want to waste time and money doing something so involved? I highly doubt it.

is to do as so many of us suggested and begged them to do, which is to put together those who enjoy taking advantage of one another, into their own grouping. ... i myself, will abort a quest before i will plunder my neighbor, because i KNOW HOW DIFFICULT IT IS to get goods

Not as difficult when you are attacking and taxing the neighborhood, you know. It eliminates the need to have several goods buildings.
and how NASTY it is to sign in and have them plundered by a neighbor who is so much higher level than you there is no possible way to defeat them

Nasty...or the fact you have spent time quickly moving up the Eras and not enough time fully developing your city? As I have just looked at the stats you have, you have a St.B at level 6: is that all you have defending your city? You have to real battle stats, which makes me wonder if you do any GE battles, or just waste goods on negotiating. Though it looks like you have a slight uptick in battles since Sept.

If you blew through the Eras, you have NO ONE to blame but YOURSELF. You have been playing for at least a year and your city is a disaster. Your in PE and have the Monestary, 4 Watchfires and 1 RoF. So you have NO DEFENSE whatsoever. The first thing you need to do is redesign your city to make better use of the space that you are wasting, which is totally hampering your city. Then has been suggested, set collection times so you have a better chance to get what little goods you produce right now. You have a ton of space wasting buildings in your city for being in PE (Santa, Laua, Hedgemaze, Bazaar).

It is not the fact that Inno has reset the hoods in this way, it is the fact that your city has been poorly developed and you rushed through the Eras (no doubt to avoid the players who have rightfully decided you are an easy target). If your Guild is not helping you develope as a player, then you need to find a better one.

Your Industrial city is only in slightly better condition: again, the city design is a mess. And you have a ND hogging a ton of space. You have a massive housing issue, and you have goods buildings from Eras you should not: trade down to get those EMA/HMA and earlier goods. But again, the big issue with this city is NO DEFENSE: makes you an easy target. 6 Watchfires and a Monestary: nothing says "Tax Me Hard" like having no city defense.

Last edited by a moderator: