• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] New Player, just starting out

• Thread starter DeletedUser38766
  • Start date

DeletedUser38090

Also, what are "favorable" trades?
So in FoE, there are goods, which are somewhat rare resources and are traded on the market. There are certain trade ratios which many players call "fair trade", which is usually 1 same age good: 1 same age good, or 2 goods of an age lower:1 good of the age above it. Now, some people will be desperate and provide much better trade ratios for you in order to get a quick trade. So if you see anybody who is offering, for example, 15 lumber for 10 stone, that would be a favorable trade, since a trade ratio that is "fair trade" is 10 lumber for 10 stone. You're getting 5 extra lumber in this trade than what most players would offer, which makes this trade favorable for you.

DeletedUser38766

So in FoE, there are goods, which are somewhat rare resources and are traded on the market. There are certain trade ratios which many players call "fair trade", which is usually 1 same age good: 1 same age good, or 2 goods of an age lower:1 good of the age above it. Now, some people will be desperate and provide much better trade ratios for you in order to get a quick trade. So if you see anybody who is offering, for example, 15 lumber for 10 stone, that would be a favorable trade, since a trade ratio that is "fair trade" is 10 lumber for 10 stone. You're getting 5 extra lumber in this trade than what most players would offer, which makes this trade favorable for you.
Gotcha, the ratios is what I was looking for. Thanks again for answering

Czari

RC is recurring quests, one of the most powerful things in the game that most players don't know how to use correctly, or likely have lost the ability to do because they progressed to far in the Story/Campaign Map part of the game. Go to this guide to learn more (don't necessarily use the strategy):

forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cosmic-ravens-hqs-condensed.22835/

Agree 100%. I've always done the recurring quests but a year ago I created a new city specifically to test out the HQS (Heavy Questing Strategy) and absolutely love it!

Czari

Yes, the recurring quests do seem pretty strong, not sure why they are called RC though. I guess because RQ is rage quit? Lol
I sent you a fr in game and jeez, IA for a year and a half! That's some strong dedication

I did Bronze Age for a year to challenge myself. :) The one thing I would advise any new player is to NOT rush through everything. IMO, FoE is a marathon, not a sprint.

DeletedUser38766

I did Bronze Age for a year to challenge myself. :) The one thing I would advise any new player is to NOT rush through everything. IMO, FoE is a marathon, not a sprint.
i wasnt rushing it and taking things slow while hopping anlot to get bps, then i ended up getting the 50 FP and the 20 FP from frogs in event and those didnt go to my inventory so i spent those on researches. now i am done with all BA researches lol. what i do want to know is how do i get to IA? do i have to do a research in IA or will i reach IA if i complete all BA researches? i have 2 researches where i spent the FP but didnt press complete and i will leave those like that to avoid going to IA

DeletedUser38593

You can get put the forge points in without aging up. Actually is a very smart move

DeletedUser36624

Do I have to complete it? Can I invest FP in IA researches but leave them incomplete and still stay in BA?
Yes, you won't age up until you pay the final cost (the goods, coins, or supplies listed as required). That means you can put all of the FP for the initial techs on before aging up, which can save quite a bit of time once you decide to age up. If you tend to be a fumblefingers and might accidentally hit the pay button, you might not want to go quiiite all the way.

DeletedUser38766

Yes, you won't age up until you pay the final cost (the goods, coins, or supplies listed as required). That means you can put all of the FP for the initial techs on before aging up, which can save quite a bit of time once you decide to age up. If you tend to be a fumblefingers and might accidentally hit the pay button, you might not want to go quiiite all the way.

Yeah, I do mess things up that way, but I will try not to mess up this time. It's like collecting helmets before starting the quest xD

EDIT: oh and thanks for answering btw, now I can do my spend FP quests without putting them in my useless starter GB