• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Player With Questions

DeletedUser

Hello all,

New player here and have some questions.

1. Can I demolish and rebuild buildings/roads etc?

2. How do I research/join a Guild?

3. If I do not check game every day do I lose what I've produced?

4. How can I give/receive gifts?

5. How can I earn diamonds faster without having to pay?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

DeletedUser

Your questions are similar to those asked by a number of players when they first begin playing. I hope you find the answers below helpful.

Q. Can I demolish and rebuild buildings/roads etc?
A. Yes. When you click on the build button a menu will drop down from behind your Forge Point (FP) meter. Sell, Move, and Cancel from left to right. Sell destroys or demolishes the selected building, decoration or road segment.

Q. How do I research/join a Guild?
A. To research a guild: Click number next to the laurel wreath in the upper left corner of your screen. This will bring up the Ranking sheets, click the Guild tab. If you are researching a specific guild, say the “Imperial Knights”, type the name in the search box. To go to that guilds profile, click on the castle button to the right of their name.
To join a guild contact somebody, within that guild, and ask for an invitation; then accept that invitation with it arrives. Usually, the guild profile with provide you with instruction or a point of contact if you are interested in joining them. (At least the better organized ones do.)

Q. If I do not check game every day do I lose what I've produced?
A. Yes, well at least the supplies they have a set shelf life.

Q. How can I give/receive gifts?
A. Not as such. In the inventory there is a gift tab and there are gift buttons on some items that will appear in your inventory from time to time, but those are not enabled. As to whether they ever were or will ever be I do not know.

Q. How can I earn diamonds faster without having to pay?
A. The three ways of earning diamonds are as follows:
1. Purchasing them with real money via credit card, ruled out by your question.
2. Being awarded them as rewards for some quests. Those are neither fast nor predictable enough to provide details.
3. Earning diamonds outside of the game. There are number of vendors and companies that offer FoE players diamonds for various things. Taking surveys, applying for Credit Cards, etc.
Both options 1 and 3 can be access via the golden yellow plus sign in the upper right corner of your screen, next to you diamond balance indicator.

Welcome to FoE, enjoy and have fun playing the game.

DeletedUser

I have a question and can't figure out how to post it. What determines when you go to M/P has a star on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Buildings etc can only be mot or pol 1 once in a given time. If it has not been done yet then you see the star which shows you still have the option to do it. Once all are done you have to wait until they become available again.

Polished buildings and decorations become available for polish again after the 12 hour time limit expires. Other things are available for further motivation after the owner collects existing goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Allow me to provide one minor clarification to NoBull's response. I believe NoBull was referring to the resources of Coins and Supplies. Goods usually refer to Trade Goods (i.e. Dye, Wine, Stone, etc.) which can NOT be modified, unfortunately.

Buildings that produce Coins and Supplies can be motivated once per production cycle.

Buildings and decorations that produce Happiness remain polished for 12 hours.

In either case, motivating or polishing the production of the building is doubled.

DeletedUser

Thank you so much for the information it has really helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, another question.

When constructing buildings is there a way to turn them to fit into a slot? Seems when placeing buildings like the fruit farm is so large but I cannot turn it in order to fit it into a spot. Thank you for your answers.

DeletedUser1862

When constructing buildings is there a way to turn them to fit into a slot? Seems when placeing buildings like the fruit farm is so large but I cannot turn it in order to fit it into a spot. Thank you for your answers.
There is no way to turn a building, you have to make the slot fit it's 'footprint'. There have been multiple requests for this ability to be added, and they're either ignored or locked. It's part of the strategy of the game to build your city within the requirements of the buildings.