• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser11596

All the time spent in the forum complaining, you could be fighting & building your score back up in position on the leader board :)
For what? It's not worth it anymore because Inno will simply make changes again in the future and negate all your time and effort invested on the CURRENT point system. Inno has a long track record of making drastic changes that negate all your hard work and ranking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Except for the top handful of players in each world, EVERY PLAYER'S RANKING SITUATION HAS IMPROVED.

"But Algona, I lost 50% of my RP!"

Yup. You sure did. You might be like the yutz who spent $1,000 for a million RP and lost it. And yet, even that yutz is in a better situation.

Sure you may have slid down the ladder a lot of positions.

How many points are you away from the top ranked player today compared to last week?

Think about it.

You and almost everyone else in every world is no where near as far behind the leaders in RP as we all were a week ago.

So, why are you complaining?

For what? It's not worth it anymore because Inno will simply make changes again in the future and negate all your time and effort invested on the CURRENT point system. Inno has a long track record of making drastic changes that negate all your hard work and ranking.

You mean all those expansions crammed full of GBs and buildings will disappear? The PvE continents and GvG sectors will revert to NPCs? All the tech you have will vanish and you will revert back to Stone Age?

If all your 'hard gaming' was just for ranking, well, I do feel bad for you, but mostly because you chose the wrong game. Try ProgressQuest, get the 3D mode, it's gas.

If you've gotta have a high (albeit meaningless) ranking, look at the foundation you have to build on, namely all that stuff that didn't vanish. You just need to make a few small changes to your city and you'll be off to the races.

Were you a top 10 player? Or are you like the vast majority of players who are now a LOT closer to the top ranked players?

DeletedUser11596

You mean all those expansions crammed full of GBs and buildings will disappear? The PvE continents and GvG sectors will revert to NPCs? All the tech you have will vanish and you will revert back to Stone Age?

If all your 'hard gaming' was just for ranking, well, I do feel bad for you, but mostly because you chose the wrong game. Try ProgressQuest, get the 3D mode, it's gas.

If you've gotta have a high (albeit meaningless) ranking, look at the foundation you have to build on, namely all that stuff that didn't vanish. You just need to make a few small changes to your city and you'll be off to the races.

Were you a top 10 player? Or are you like the vast majority of players who are now a LOT closer to the top ranked players?

In what world do you live in that "ranking" is meaningless to you? Some of us actually set milestones or goals for ourselves and our guilds. Some of those milestones happen to include rankings. Some of us actually look forward to increasing our rankings. Just because it's "meaningless" to you doesn't mean it meaningless to everyone else. Some of us take pride in what we do...even when playing a sport or a game.

In addition, many of us lost tons of points...points that we earned over the past couple of years. I could understand changing a point system from a specific point forward but not taking away points that were already earned. The points earned over years of playing should've been grandfathered in and we shouldn't have been punished for excelling in the previous point system by having the vast majority of our points taken away.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14273

This change was to much at once. Some don't come to these forums to express what they thought, or should I say a lot didn't. We are going to loose some in our guild because of the unfairness of this change. I hope soon that FoE will examine this again and send out a message to everyone like they do about other things not as important. This should not have been done without sending a message to everyone so they could express their thoughts and opinions. GB should be more than what they have made them, I agree not as much as they were, and the others things should count just like they use to.

Algona

Except for the top handful of players in each world...

In what world do you live in that "ranking" is meaningless to you?

I had over 944 Trillion points and now only have 21 million.

What I posted does not apply to you.

I can certainly understand that rank is important to you. You spent a lot of money and time to earn a quadrillion points. Poof! Gone. Brutal.

But ranking is still meaningless; did all the trillions of points you had have any effect on the game? Does being #1 in the world in ranking change how many coins/FPs you collect? How your GBs work? How effective you are at fighting? Trading? Any game play?

Does your city operate the same today as last week?

Last edited:

DeletedUser4770

Dear Queens and Kings,

We’ve taken a close look at your feedback over the weekend and we’d like to address a few of the most commonly mentioned things.

First of all, we’d like to stress that the rework of the ranking was necessary, not only because the old system was skewed by overrated Great Buildings but also other aspects were creating problems with the old ranking system. One of those was the fact that it was not possible to recalculate the rankings on a regular basis, which allowed for errors to make their way into the scores over the course of time. The chance to add the option to regularly recalculate the rankings was one of the reasons we decided to no longer count points for collecting coins, supplies or goods. If we had kept this aspect of the scoring system, we would not have been able to make the ranking re-calculable and in the long run would have opened the door to errors and mistakes again.

This change is not meant to give an advantage to fighters or punish traders. While reading your arguments, we realized that some of you have gotten this impression. We want to note that the currently perceived effect is being created by players that are abusing the GvG-system in a way it was not intended to be used. This is not a new problem but one that has been on our to-do list for a while now – and it has just moved up on that list. We will be taking a closer look at these GvG issues and their effects on the new ranking system.

Besides the possibility to recalculate the ranking and prevent errors, another reason to no longer count collecting coins, supplies and goods was a game design one. Here the focus should be shifted from rewarding collection towards rewarding using the collected coins, supplies and goods.

We have and will continue to follow your comments closely and while we can understand the initial disappointment and maybe even anger over this change, please be reassured that it was a necessary one that will ensure an improved and more reliable ranking and distribution of points.

Your Forge of Empires Team

*Also posted in the Announcement section

DeletedUser23123

HOLY CRAP! And you guys said that the Devs did give a rat ass about your complaints. :p

203iceman

Dear Queens and Kings,

We’ve taken a close look at your feedback over the weekend and we’d like to address a few of the most commonly mentioned things.

First of all, we’d like to stress that the rework of the ranking was necessary, not only because the old system was skewed by overrated Great Buildings but also other aspects were creating problems with the old ranking system. One of those was the fact that it was not possible to recalculate the rankings on a regular basis, which allowed for errors to make their way into the scores over the course of time. The chance to add the option to regularly recalculate the rankings was one of the reasons we decided to no longer count points for collecting coins, supplies or goods. If we had kept this aspect of the scoring system, we would not have been able to make the ranking re-calculable and in the long run would have opened the door to errors and mistakes again.

This change is not meant to give an advantage to fighters or punish traders. While reading your arguments, we realized that some of you have gotten this impression. We want to note that the currently perceived effect is being created by players that are abusing the GvG-system in a way it was not intended to be used. This is not a new problem but one that has been on our to-do list for a while now – and it has just moved up on that list. We will be taking a closer look at these GvG issues and their effects on the new ranking system.

Besides the possibility to recalculate the ranking and prevent errors, another reason to no longer count collecting coins, supplies and goods was a game design one. Here the focus should be shifted from rewarding collection towards rewarding using the collected coins, supplies and goods.

We have and will continue to follow your comments closely and while we can understand the initial disappointment and maybe even anger over this change, please be reassured that it was a necessary one that will ensure an improved and more reliable ranking and distribution of points.

Panacea,

Thank you for this post. As you know many of us have felt punished by this change! I personally worked by butt of to get to where I was. Battles, trades, goods, buildings, and an intense activity in this game moved my score up. I considered my self a fairly rounded player. I have spent the past week chatting with peers trying to figure out what I did not do enough of to get pushed back so far? It seems to me, and yes this is just my opinion, that many that had less cause and effect daily were given a boost by this change. Hence the positive posts you received! For myself I can only be neutral or negative. I would have liked a more elaborate explanation about the changes. Marketing sells, and problem resolution is marketing. Maybe even a better form of marketing than a humors commercial.

Iceman

WhatKnot

Not real pleased with this new change...It hurts more than it helps...me..that is...
Kinda slows my Diamond buying down a tad.
This was not a good move for many in the game...do not understand the reasoning behind it ...or lack there of.
People work hard at the game and this change did not help....
I do not GVG much...and am in some guilds and worlds that do not GVG at all...more traders than fighters...so goods going to treasury for a boost in ranking is worthless.
Does not leave much for a trader to do...that I can see..unless we fill up on GB's by spending goods for those....course that takes space...oh what a tangled web we weave

DeletedUser13838

Dear Queens and Kings,

Thanks for the update. However if you are moving from rewarding collecting to rewarding consumption then there must be a use for coins supplies and goods. Right now there really isn't so this change has a very punitive impact on a large segment of players.

DeletedUser18317

Dear Queens and Kings,

Thank you Panacea. The out of control scores on GBs has been fixed and even when points were given for collections, fighters' scores outpaced farmers' scores. The new scoring system was a step in the right direction.

I do hope the GvG point farming issue is addressed, but in all honesty, I hope several other GvG issues are higher on the list.

Algona

You have turned this game into a city building game for points instead of a fighting game. So the advantage definitely goes to the builder/farmer instead of the fighter. Whoever is saying the advantage is going to the fighters is grossly mistaken.

s and now they want to switch focus to Fighting only. Points are now heavily weighted towards fighters and not the farmers/builders.

Found these two posts in Forge Hall.

DeletedUser11596

First of all, we’d like to stress that the rework of the ranking was necessary, not only because the old system was skewed by overrated Great Buildings but also other aspects were creating problems with the old ranking system.

So because some of us have been successful in raising the levels of my GBs and building our cities, we get punished and stripped of all the points that we earned. Inno/FOE created that point system when they uncapped the GBs almost 2 years ago, we didn't. Everyone else had the same opportunity just like us to raise the levels of their GBs. I could understand changing a point system from a specific point forward but not taking away points that were already earned. The points earned over years of playing should've been grandfathered in and we shouldn't have been punished for excelling in the previous point system by having the vast majority of our points taken away.

One of those was the fact that it was not possible to recalculate the rankings on a regular basis, which allowed for errors to make their way into the scores over the course of time. The chance to add the option to regularly recalculate the rankings was one of the reasons we decided to no longer count points for collecting coins, supplies or goods. If we had kept this aspect of the scoring system, we would not have been able to make the ranking re-calculable and in the long run would have opened the door to errors and mistakes again.

So you're telling me that Inno/FOE, which is a multi-million dollar company that specializes in browser and mobile gaming, couldn't come up with a program/system that would still count points for collecting coins, supplies, or goods? I find that hard to believe.

This change is not meant to give an advantage to fighters or punish traders.

But it does. It is now heavily weighted in favor of the dedicated Fighters and goes away from the dedicated city builders (Coins, Supplies, Goods, GBs, etc). Even Inno identifies Froge of Empires as a "city building game" and Forge of Empires says the main goal of the game is to build and enlarge a city beginning in the stone age and ending in the future era. This is something that Inno/FOE has promoted and nurtured this Farmville aspect since the very beginning and now you want to shift it towards the Fighting and giving goods away.

We want to note that the currently perceived effect is being created by players that are abusing the GvG-system in a way it was not intended to be used. This is not a new problem but one that has been on our to-do list for a while now – and it has just moved up on that list. We will be taking a closer look at these GvG issues and their effects on the new ranking system.

It's been over 2 years of GvG abuse and Inno/FOE are just now getting around to fixing the problem? Somebody is seriously dropping the ball there...to say the least.

Again, changing something that wasn't broke in the first place and punishing those who were successful at building and managing their cities.

ITown

the game isn't a fighter's ranking for players in the iron age, but it DEFINITELY is for players in the Future

qaccy

So because some of us have been successful in raising the levels of my GBs and building our cities, we get punished and stripped of all the points that we earned. Inno/FOE created that point system when they uncapped the GBs almost 2 years ago, we didn't. Everyone else had the same opportunity just like us to raise the levels of their GBs. I could understand changing a point system from a specific point forward but not taking away points that were already earned. The points earned over years of playing should've been grandfathered in and we shouldn't have been punished for excelling in the previous point system by having the vast majority of our points taken away.

[snip]

It's been over 2 years of GvG abuse and Inno/FOE are just now getting around to fixing the problem? Somebody is seriously dropping the ball there...to say the least.

Again, changing something that wasn't broke in the first place and punishing those who were successful at building and managing their cities.

Yeah, it sounds like a great idea for anyone who had a now-unattainable amount of points to keep them because they were good at abusing a broken point formula. May your reign be long and glorious, O Mighty King. Give me a break! Technically speaking, since the change in points was to the formula itself, the only way for you to keep your GB points would have been to have two different versions of every GB: one using the old formula, one using the new one. And since the primary focus of this new system was to address the broken GB point values, obviously there's no scenario where you'd have been able to keep your points.

I don't know what server you play on, but over on D GvG hasn't even been out for two years yet (released Feb 25, 2014) and there certainly wasn't massive Champion farming going on when it was released...considering Champions weren't released until more than a month later (Easter 2014) and it would take some time before 'the masses' realized how lucrative it is to farm them, and for people to acquire enough of them to be able to consistently do so. Especially considering sieges removed 8 troops from your army when they were set until the update on June 6, 2014. Would have been hard to abuse Champions (or any unit, really) in GvG before that point, eh? Not to mention the truly lucrative ages weren't even released yet...no, we'll cut your time in half and say GvG's been reliably 'abused' for about a year or so now. All that being said, it's obvious where the next point rebalance will be coming from so I'd be wary of jumping on the Champion bandwagon.

And to wrap it up, there's that old 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' catchphrase that people love throwing around this forum nowadays. Thing is, this one still isn't broken. It's just a shift from rewarding idle/lazy play to actually doing something in the game. Use those coins and supplies you've so efficiently produced to buy more FP, produce more goods, and complete more quests than others rather than just sitting on hundreds of millions of resources and for some reason being rewarded for doing nothing with them.

DeletedUser11596

Yeah, it sounds like a great idea for anyone who had a now-unattainable amount of points to keep them because they were good at abusing a broken point formula. May your reign be long and glorious, O Mighty King. Give me a break! Technically speaking, since the change in points was to the formula itself, the only way for you to keep your GB points would have been to have two different versions of every GB: one using the old formula, one using the new one. And since the primary focus of this new system was to address the broken GB point values, obviously there's no scenario where you'd have been able to keep your points.

I don't know what server you play on, but over on D GvG hasn't even been out for two years yet (released Feb 25, 2014) and there certainly wasn't massive Champion farming going on when it was released...considering Champions weren't released until more than a month later (Easter 2014) and it would take some time before 'the masses' realized how lucrative it is to farm them, and for people to acquire enough of them to be able to consistently do so. Especially considering sieges removed 8 troops from your army when they were set until the update on June 6, 2014. Would have been hard to abuse Champions (or any unit, really) in GvG before that point, eh? Not to mention the truly lucrative ages weren't even released yet...no, we'll cut your time in half and say GvG's been reliably 'abused' for about a year or so now. All that being said, it's obvious where the next point rebalance will be coming from so I'd be wary of jumping on the Champion bandwagon.

And to wrap it up, there's that old 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' catchphrase that people love throwing around this forum nowadays. Thing is, this one still isn't broken. It's just a shift from rewarding idle/lazy play to actually doing something in the game. Use those coins and supplies you've so efficiently produced to buy more FP, produce more goods, and complete more quests than others rather than just sitting on hundreds of millions of resources and for some reason being rewarded for doing nothing with them.

First of all, how is levelling up your GBs abusing the system? Do you know how hard it is to get people to donate to your GBs? Do you know how hard it is to get a GB to Level 100+? This GB point system was created by Inno and was available to ALL players ever since the uncapped the GBs.

Second, GvG has been around for 2 years and people were farming battle points right away. They didn't need Champions to farm points. In addition, once the update was in place, Fighters simply created their own ghost guilds and farmed points that way. So you can take your "cut it in half" time and throw it out the window because people have been doing it for 2 years now and are STILL doing it as we speak by using Ghost guilds.

Third, Farming points by way of collecting coins, supplies, building your city, etc has been promoted and nurtured FOE since this game was created...it's always been a Farmville style game. So to say people are idle and lazy by farming is ridiculous and insulting.

Finally, why should anybody begin a new strategy at this point when Inno/FOE will change the system again in the near future and all your work will be for nothing once again.

DeletedUser2193

You tossed 40k into a browser game? Now that there is some funny chit
I have many ways to burn extra money :) But usually I devalue my investments by choice or time does not because my neighbor whines that he is so poor :) and its JUST NOT FAIR lmao

DeletedUser2193

First off, I am educated in law. I've gone to school for law and I know what I'm talking about. I am not bragging, nor should I have to explain myself, my background, and my qualifications to you. But since you wanted to assume things, I figured I'd correct your misconception. Second, I personally don't consider Terms & Conditions a "contract" which is why I have the word "contract" in quotes every time I mention it. I never complained or brought up the word contract, other people complaining about the new update did. They said that Inno "breached a contract". Since they wanted to bring that up, despite me not personally considering Terms & Conditions of a browser game a "contract", you do have to click the "I Agree" button which is considered a digital signature and is still legally binding which is why it is there and why almost every website, application, and any other thing with a set of Terms and Conditions has one. It is to cover their own rear end in cases like this where people get up set and can (and probably will) potentially sue them. It is not their fault that many of the players do not read these things before agreeing to them. So thanks "baby", and have yourself a nice day. ;)
Well amazing I too am educated and was pre law for many undergraduate years, but apparently neither of us have a law degree, however I do have two degrees one of which overviews how people operate in society or fail to operate. My assumption was based on your inability to qualify the definition of contract as you tossed it abundantly into your expose. I am glad everyone knows what they are talking about. USA laws define "contract".......when I said " what contract", it was a form of satire. Bait and switch a form of fraud is banned in the UK and treads serious repercussion here in the USA. Society has been changing for a long time now and the presumptive attitude of male superiority is failing as is this game.

DeletedUser2193

First of all, how is levelling up your GBs abusing the system? Do you know how hard it is to get people to donate to your GBs? Do you know how hard it is to get a GB to Level 100+? This GB point system was created by Inno and was available to ALL players ever since the uncapped the GBs.

Second, GvG has been around for 2 years and people were farming battle points right away. They didn't need Champions to farm points. In addition, once the update was in place, Fighters simply created their own ghost guilds and farmed points that way. So you can take your "cut it in half" time and throw it out the window because people have been doing it for 2 years now and are STILL doing it as we speak by using Ghost guilds.

Third, Farming points by way of collecting coins, supplies, building your city, etc has been promoted and nurtured FOE since this game was created...it's always been a Farmville style game. So to say people are idle and lazy by farming is ridiculous and insulting.

Finally, why should anybody begin a new strategy at this point when Inno/FOE will change the system again in the near future and all your work will be for nothing once again.

Freedom, as long as there are more successful players in this game as you and I have been, the great crying masses will rise up and claim "its not fair" until those of us who have been supporting their "free to play" game find no one online lol except themselves. and a blank screen with a message
" Foe is closed"