• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser18626

Since the reset I have daily watched my position drop in the global rankings with the new system. The only daily points I get are from my 3 GBs that contribute to the treasury. Some will say "this is a war game", but to support a war; a guild requires members who are not fighting; and are constantly producing goods and trading for goods to build the treasury to support the fighters. The measure of my activity and the productivity and financial power of my city is now only calculated based on my 3 GBs. The other events, donations, negotiations, tech, building changes are not things that happen every day for me. The balance is now WAY OFF! I am now being penalized for being a supporting member of a Guild; while the fighters continue to grow.

DeletedUser8152

Since the reset I have daily watched my position drop in the global rankings with the new system. The only daily points I get are from my 3 GBs that contribute to the treasury. Some will say "this is a war game", but to support a war; a guild requires members who are not fighting; and are constantly producing goods and trading for goods to build the treasury to support the fighters. The measure of my activity and the productivity and financial power of my city is now only calculated based on my 3 GBs. The other events, donations, negotiations, tech, building changes are not things that happen every day for me. The balance is now WAY OFF! I am now being penalized for being a supporting member of a Guild; while the fighters continue to grow.
You should be getting points for all the goods you donate to treasury. I certainly am. It also goes up when you improve your buildings. I think if you carefully check your score before and after you do one of these things, you'll see it change. If not, record screenshots and contact support.

DeletedUser18626

You should be getting points for all the goods you donate to treasury. I certainly am. It also goes up when you improve your buildings. I think if you carefully check your score before and after you do one of these things, you'll see it change. If not, record screenshots and contact support.

You are missing the point. I am getting points everyday from the 3 GBs. However;
- I do not donate goods every day (but people fight everyday)
- I do not upgrade buildings every day (but people fight everyday)
- I do not negotiate sectors every day (but people fight everyday)
- I do not unlock tech every day (but people fight everyday)
- I do not level GBs every day (but people fight every day)

I play the game every day to contribute FPs to GBs and Tech and generate coins/supplies so I can create goods that I can use for all of the above activites. I am no longer rewarded for playing everyday, and the points for donations are way off skew from that of a fighter.

So while my score goes up 500 points; I loose global rank, because the fighters pass me, because they have the ability to generate points every day. This is compounded by the ability to "ghost" and capture/release sectors in GVG.

DeletedUser8152

If you produce goods every day, then you can donate them every day, and get points for that every day.

If you are getting those points and just mean to say that fighting is worth too much compared to goods usage, then ok, at least I understand what you are saying.

I don't know what the "best" balance is. But it seems to me you should be better off now than you were... even fighters produce plenty of coin and supply and they were getting points for that previously, while you weren't getting anything for the goods you were donating.

I agree there are some issues in GvG, it sounds like they may be addressed in future updates. But those issues existed in the old system as well.

cbalto1927

You are missing the point. I am getting points everyday from the 3 GBs. However;

I play the game every day to contribute FPs to GBs and Tech and generate coins/supplies so I can create goods that I can use for all of the above activites. I am no longer rewarded for playing everyday, and the points for donations are way off skew from that of a fighter.

So while my score goes up 500 points; I loose global rank, because the fighters pass me, because they have the ability to generate points every day. This is compounded by the ability to "ghost" and capture/release sectors in GVG.

I fight everyday. My ranking goes like a Yo-Yo. It goes up and down daily. The only way to really go up in ranking is either research a tech or go to new age. It not really fun fighting everyday only to lose a few hundred points. One thing i do noticed that my ranking went way up each time i level the GB. If Inno dont change the ranking system then i am starting to lose interest.

DeletedUser18626

If you produce goods every day, then you can donate them every day, and get points for that every day.

If you are getting those points and just mean to say that fighting is worth too much compared to goods usage, then ok, at least I understand what you are saying.

I don't know what the "best" balance is. But it seems to me you should be better off now than you were... even fighters produce plenty of coin and supply and they were getting points for that previously, while you weren't getting anything for the goods you were donating.

I agree there are some issues in GvG, it sounds like they may be addressed in future updates. But those issues existed in the old system as well.

Again, you are not quite getting the point, not all goods I generate can be donated, I have to trade and save up to research tech and negotiate sectors. It took me a week to donate 1500 goods and I got 5000 points. Someone fighting can do that in GVG with 10 battles in 15-20 minutes.

DeletedUser17558

Why can't you fight every day?

DeletedUser8152

If 1500 goods gave 5k points, does that mean they were IA goods or something? 10 IA battles won't match that by a long shot.

Regardless: sooner or later you get points for all goods you produce (unless you trade them away at a loss.)

DeletedUser18626

Why can't you fight every day?

Because I have chosen to support with goods, in doing so I have no military buildings and no troops.

My point is simple; this change has unevenly swayed the ranking system to favor the players who fight (and especially those who abuse the GVG capture/release) You can fight way more than I can collect goods. This game has always required a balance of player types; and now it purely favors the fighters.

DeletedUser18626

If 1500 goods gave 5k points, does that mean they were IA goods or something? 10 IA battles won't match that by a long shot.

Regardless: sooner or later you get points for all goods you produce (unless you trade them away at a loss.)

It is true that I will get points for the goods; but someone fighting gets way more points and if they plunder they get goods too (that's called a double dip)!; this has been proven by my drop of over 20 positions since the reset. All the fighters are advancing past me, and my donations, research and negotiations will never catch that.

Am I suppose to accept that I cannot advance in this game and achieve a high rank through economics? Empires are not just forged with war; someone has to pay for them!

DeletedUser13838

You can say the impact of rankings is cosmetic but that's true of any game with no real stakes. Why do people keep score in a family card game or a pickup basketball games? The score has no impact on the actual game play. At least in this game, ranking impacts the position you're listed in your neighborhood. I don't think it's controversial to expect that you're less likely to be attacked the closer you are to the top then the bottom, regardless of the relative strength of your military (to a large extent at least).

DeletedUser10415

Also, card games and basketball games were invented as temporary diversions from life. The idea of a game that lasts forever would have been seen as quite ridiculous to people in the past. As there is no end to FoE, except when the game ceases to be profitable to Inno, or they go completely belly-up, ranking is meaningless.

qaccy

It is true that I will get points for the goods; but someone fighting gets way more points and if they plunder they get goods too (that's called a double dip)!; this has been proven by my drop of over 20 positions since the reset. All the fighters are advancing past me, and my donations, research and negotiations will never catch that.

Am I suppose to accept that I cannot advance in this game and achieve a high rank through economics? Empires are not just forged with war; someone has to pay for them!

Like jaelis said though, the ranking favored fighters even before the change. :( (minus the huge GB points)

Old system:
-No points for donating or spending goods (bad for you)
-Coin/supply collections gave points (both you AND fighters got points from this)
-GBs gave absurd points, but only at high levels

New system:
-No points for collecting coin/supply (this affects both you and the fighters)
-Goods now give points when spent (good for you as a producer, who should be able to make more goods than a heavy fighter)
-No more crazy points from high-level GBs, but in general they're now worth more to build due to the goods costs

In both cases, battle points are worth the same amount so nothing was really gained or lost there. Basically, you traded the ability to gain points from 'idle' play for the ability to gain points from donating goods. However, the only reason fighters weren't at the top of the rankings before the new system was put in place is because of the GB exploit. A non-fighter really couldn't compete in either system (again, removing the GB values), as battles are simply much more valuable and with GvG it's easy to rack them up. It's important to remember that everything you're doing to gain points, and were doing before the ranking change, is also available to fighters (perhaps in a smaller capacity due to giving space to military buildings). But by not fighting at all (an entire aspect of the game), doesn't it kind of make sense that you'd be earning less points than those who do?

DeletedUser10415

in this game, ranking impacts the position you're listed in your neighborhood. I don't think it's controversial to expect that you're less likely to be attacked the closer you are to the top then the bottom, regardless of the relative strength of your military (to a large extent at least).

Less likely to be attacked? Perhaps, though that hasn't been my experience. But getting attacked is no loss. It's getting plundered that is, and most of us know that is entirely avoidable. I've rarely been attacked more than 3 or 4 times by any one player, in any 'hood, no matter which end of the neighborhood ranking spectrum I've been on, and I have spent plenty of time on both. Either because they can't get past my defense, or lose units going against my defense, or blow right past my defense, only to find nothing worth plundering, in every case. Most of them opt for aiding me instead. A chance at a blueprint is better than nothing. :D

DeletedUser13838

Wrong. Either has a clearly defined win. Ain't no such thing as a defined win for the game FoE.

What do you get for winning? At best it's the same as having a higher rank in FOE.

Also, card games and basketball games were invented as temporary diversions from life. The idea of a game that lasts forever would have been seen as quite ridiculous to people in the past. As there is no end to FoE, except when the game ceases to be profitable to Inno, or they go completely belly-up, ranking is meaningless.

I don't think anyone expects to play FOE forever. After playing a game with my brother I might tell him after a win that I'm reigning champ. He might tell me he won 4 out of the last 7 but then I might tell him I'm 11 out of the last 17. Some people have long memories when it comes to these things. :)

Less likely to be attacked? Perhaps, though that hasn't been my experience. But getting attacked is no loss. It's getting plundered that is, and most of us know that is entirely avoidable. I've rarely been attacked more than 3 or 4 times by any one player, in any 'hood, no matter which end of the neighborhood ranking spectrum I've been on, and I have spent plenty of time on both. Either because they can't get past my defense, or lose units going against my defense, or blow right past my defense, only to find nothing worth plundering, in every case. Most of them opt for aiding me instead. A chance at a blueprint is better than nothing. :D

I logged on this morning as my goods were being produced. In the time between that and collecting I got plundered. Bad timing but it happens once in a while. But there's a bit more to it than that. All else being equal (and there are a lot of other factors involved) If we attack each other then whoever has the most points in defense will beat the other for the spot in the tower (all else being equal). If you're right and being attacked means nothing then why ever bother with defense? You give your tower rivals fewer points and according to you, being attacked is no loss. What army do you keep for defense and how high did you level your deal/basil?