• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser

Dear Gutless,
It's people like you who roll over when taken advantage of. It's people like you who never stand up for what is right. It's people like you who cower when dealing with big companies.
Making changes to a point system is completely ok but taking away points that were ALREADY earned is a different matter. As far as Virtual gaming rights go, there's actual laws based on that subject and that is what I'm currently exploring...stay tuned.
I spent years of my life "standing up for what's right" and putting my very real life on the line daily so people like you can waste taxpayers money in courts with nonsense cases like your talking about.

Some easy questions for you.
1) did you get the diamonds or other virtual merchandise Inno sold you?
2) did you utilize said virtual merchandise?
3) at time of purchase and subsequent use were you dissatisfied with the merchandise or the delivery thereof?

If you answered yes to the first two questions and no to the 3rd then you haven't got a legal case.

Your only argument is that the company made changes to their product after you'd used it for some time and your purchases no longer represented the same value to you.
Fact remains you are still reaping the benefits of those purchases, they just aren't giving you the same benefits as previously i.e. an inflated score that has no impact on your ability to play the game.

You have lost nothing of real material value, so are not eligible for damages.
Maybe you might make a case for suffering mental anguish and damage...good luck with that.

You cant directly buy points with diamonds. Points is an outcome of playing the game (even for those playing for free). You spend diamonds on advertised specific game features of that item like BP or Expansion.

Bugs (unless its Microsoft ;)) and metrics don't usually come under features. At best the court will laugh at worst fine for coming up with frivolous law suit.

qaccy

GBs - Says the guy who doesn't even have a GB past level 20 and most GBs are still at levels 4 to 7...lol. Once again, you're proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. If it was that easy, everybody would've been successful at getting their GBs past Level 50, 75, 100, etc. The problem comes with competition. You have to create a reward system that's going to be competitive with other players that are also offering rewards in order to attract big donors. In order to have enough rewards to pay out, your city has to have tons of Goods buildings to produce the high quantity of rewards to attract donators. In order to produce the high quantity of rewards, you need lots of land, coins, supplies and other goods. In addition, you need lots of FPs to offer as rewards as well. This is where managing your city correctly and being successful at doing so comes in handy. On top of that, you have to be dedicated in attracting new donators... "adding a few lines to your profile" won't do the job buddy. You have to branch out further than that and be very proactive in recruiting new donors...especially when it's taking 4,000 to 7,000 FPs to level up a GB just 1 level. Right now, it takes 6,800 FPs to level up my CdM a single level...try raising that in "one day"...lol.

GvG - Son, people were farming battle points in my both of my main worlds within a couple of days of the GvG release and have been doing so ever since. So once again, you're wrong.

Farming Coin/Supplies - Once again you're deflecting for FOE. You continue to avoid the fact that Inno/FOE set a specific standard (point system) and then goes and changes the point system years later and negates all the hard work and hours invested into the game. I've talked about this before...they continue to move the goal posts and strip players of points they ALREADY earned.

Quitting - I've already quit playing. I will stay here standing up for what I believe in until changes are made. If they re-weight the system to where it's actually balanced, then I might return. I also have a meeting with a lawyer next week about virtual property and gaming rights. I'm also in contact with Inno about this matter, so I'll be around for a while checking in and standing up for those who were screwed.

The reason my GBs aren't at a super high level is because I don't care enough to spend diamonds on levelling them up. And that's really all it is, and why 'everyone doesn't have a level 50+ GB'. You gave out a lot of hogwash about needing an efficient city to be able to boost GBs quickly, but it's just that, hogwash. The #1 on my server hardly has an efficient city, but their GBs still go up at a lightning pace...because it's all about the diamonds. That's the only way you can keep up with that sort of demand for goods. Unless there's some secret strategy to be able to produce thousands of attractive goods every day...but hey, that person isn't doing it and their GBs still level very quickly. And yes, every day at some points (you should know, the Arc makes it very easy to profit from a GB levelling). I watch them. :)

Again, GvG, you're wrong. Even farm guilds don't use beaches to farm points, that's asinine. They go to secluded areas where they don't have to worry about outside guilds attempting to move on their sectors...areas that aren't going to be reached in the first couple of days. And to reinforce the point further, it wasn't really 'farming' when sieges cost 8 troops apiece in addition to the goods, treasuries were brand-new, treasury GBs were still in their infancy, and everyone around them was also in a rush to grab whatever sectors they could reach. But I guess to you, fighting at all in GvG constitutes farming? If that's the case, good day sir, you've won the argument.

DeletedUser25129

i agree that the points were a lil too high... but the way that "some" of the top players in this game constructed their cities (which isn't all diamonds), has now been jeopardized!!
Something should be done to increase the leveling points to a bit higher for those that have invested so much, time, money and effort in doing so!

giving points for donated is good i guess, but, i mean making goods and donating isn't very difficult, and is a poor way to determine how "good" or high ranked that player is... GB global points a lil higher, make us feel a lil better about all that commitment, fights weigh aloft more than donating goods, and it would be perfect!!

i hope someone does something about this

DeletedUser11596

The reason my GBs aren't at a super high level is because I don't care enough to spend diamonds on levelling them up. And that's really all it is, and why 'everyone doesn't have a level 50+ GB'. You gave out a lot of hogwash about needing an efficient city to be able to boost GBs quickly, but it's just that, hogwash. The #1 on my server hardly has an efficient city, but their GBs still go up at a lightning pace...because it's all about the diamonds. That's the only way you can keep up with that sort of demand for goods. Unless there's some secret strategy to be able to produce thousands of attractive goods every day...but hey, that person isn't doing it and their GBs still level very quickly. And yes, every day at some points (you should know, the Arc makes it very easy to profit from a GB levelling). I watch them. :)

Again, GvG, you're wrong. Even farm guilds don't use beaches to farm points, that's asinine. They go to secluded areas where they don't have to worry about outside guilds attempting to move on their sectors...areas that aren't going to be reached in the first couple of days. And to reinforce the point further, it wasn't really 'farming' when sieges cost 8 troops apiece in addition to the goods, treasuries were brand-new, treasury GBs were still in their infancy, and everyone around them was also in a rush to grab whatever sectors they could reach. But I guess to you, fighting at all in GvG constitutes farming? If that's the case, good day sir, you've won the argument.

Dude, seriously, just stop making yourself so bad. You're proving to everyone that you have no clue what you're talking about. Who said you had to spend Diamonds to level up your GBs? This statement of yours just proves how clueless you are in this matter. In order to level up a GB to Level 50, 75, or 100 without using Diamonds is by having an efficient city that produces tons of high level Goods to give as rewards. I produce over 500 TE goods every single day and trade them down for even more Goods. Sometimes I can end up with 2,000+ goods in a day after trading down. There's no secret strategy to doing producing that many goods, it just takes building your city correctly over a long period of time and managing it correctly...but it takes time and patience. So you can take that 'hogwash' comment of yours back.

The #1 player in your world that you spoke of has over 160 x Shrines and collects over 225+ FPs a day. So if he or she is spending diamonds to level up their GBs, well that's on them but one doesn't need diamonds to level of GBs. Once again, that's where building the right city, managing it correctly, and recruiting FP donors by way of offering great prizes comes into play. You don't need to buy a single diamond for this to happen. The way you get your BPs is by simply donating to another high level GB of the same type.

Again, GvG, you are still confused. Do you even know what Ghost Guilds are? Do you know what the ping-ponging method is? That's what I thought. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's best you go and find out before you make such silly and erroneous comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11596

I spent years of my life "standing up for what's right" and putting my very real life on the line daily so people like you can waste taxpayers money in courts with nonsense cases like your talking about.

3) at time of purchase and subsequent use were you dissatisfied with the merchandise or the delivery thereof?

If you answered yes to the first two questions and no to the 3rd then you haven't got a legal case.

Your only argument is that the company made changes to their product after you'd used it for some time and your purchases no longer represented the same value to you.
Fact remains you are still reaping the benefits of those purchases, they just aren't giving you the same benefits as previously i.e. an inflated score that has no impact on your ability to play the game.

Maybe you might make a case for suffering mental anguish and damage...good luck with that.

Don't talk to me about putting your life on the line...I served 21 years in the US Army with 4 deployments overseas. I retired from Walter Reed with if you know what I mean. Like I said, I'll be talking to a lawyer next week...how is that wasting taxpayer's money? I'm using my own money.

And yes, it is very disheartening to lose 99.99% of my overall points that I earned for the past couple of years. For disabled Veterans, games like this is all we have and for many of us it's our only outlet. We take pride in excelling in everything we do. I went from last in my guild to #1 in all the US servers and #2 in the entire world and I took pride in that. Now, that and my points have been taken from me. That's what I'll be discussing about with a lawyer. I'm also in contact with Inno concerning this matter. I'll update the forum as information becomes available to me.

DeletedUser

Don't talking to me about putting your life on the line...I served 21 years in the US Army with 4 deployments overseas. I retired from Walter Reed with if you know what I mean. Like I said, I'll be talking to a lawyer next week...how is that wasting taxpayer's money? I'm using my own money.

And yes, it is very disheartening to lose 99.99% of my overall points that I earned for the past couple of years. For disabled Veterans, games like this is all we have and for many of us it's our only outlet. We take pride in excelling in everything we do. I went from last in my guild to #1 in all the US servers and #2 in the entire world and I took pride in that. Now, that and my points have been taken from me. That's what I'll be discussing about with a lawyer. I'm also in contact with Inno concerning this matter. I'll update the forum as information becomes available to me.
I Salute you as a fellow disabled veteran.
However I think you'd be wise to know who your spouting off to before calling them gutless.
You are of course free to spend your money any way you want to, however if somehow you do manage to get some sort of legal action into the court system then you are definitely wasting taxpayers money.

So you had the highest score on any US server for this game, that's great, now as they say, adapt and overcome. Instead of sitting smug and bored at the top of the charts revel in the challenge you've been given to get back to that spot and stay there.

Honestly even with your score reduction odds are good I'll never get anywhere close to what you have now. Not because I won't be playing to my utmost, but simply due to limits of time and finances.

Regardless of the things life throws at me, I only have to walk into my local VA hospital or visit the national cemetery where many friends and family lay to be reminded that there are so many who have had it worse.

This is a game it's meant to be something to be enjoyed. Competition is great but in the end it's the people you meet, the friends you make that are important, not some score that will disappear into digital neverland at some point in time.

DeletedUser11596

I Salute you as a fellow disabled veteran.
However I think you'd be wise to know who your spouting off to before calling them gutless.
You are of course free to spend your money any way you want to, however if somehow you do manage to get some sort of legal action into the court system then you are definitely wasting taxpayers money.

So you had the highest score on any US server for this game, that's great, now as they say, adapt and overcome. Instead of sitting smug and bored at the top of the charts revel in the challenge you've been given to get back to that spot and stay there.

Honestly even with your score reduction odds are good I'll never get anywhere close to what you have now. Not because I won't be playing to my utmost, but simply due to limits of time and finances.

Regardless of the things life throws at me, I only have to walk into my local VA hospital or visit the national cemetery where many friends and family lay to be reminded that there are so many who have had it worse.

This is a game it's meant to be something to be enjoyed. Competition is great but in the end it's the people you meet, the friends you make that are important, not some score that will disappear into digital neverland at some point in time.

I have adapted and overcome every single time Inno/FOE has made drastic changes and moved the goalposts on us. However, this time it's gone too far...it's time to take a stand.

You don't have a full understanding because you've only been playing for a couple of months. Inno/FOE has made 5 major changes in the past couple if years as I mentioned on page #11. Inno/FOE has a long track record of making drastic changes and negating the players hard work and time spent on the game. As I said earlier, this time it's gone too far. With that in mind, there's no reason to adapt to this new point system because Inno/FOE will simply change it again in the near future and negate your progress during that period.

DeletedUser8420

With the goods needing to be used to gain points and if you do more negotiating instead of fighting to gain sectors on the continental map at the end of eras you are stymied. No tech tree to use goods, and once you complete the continental map no negotiating only option is to add to treasury which just sits there. Otherwise you slide in points as the fighters just keep fighting and you have nothing really to counter it until a new age is opened which is only what...every 6 or + so months. So yes the fighters especially the last age opened are majorly favored over builders.

DeletedUser15734

Good day all. I made a post a few days ago ,right after the transition. Once the transition occurred I lost 700 positions in rank. I was nowhere near happy as many of us we're not. So I figured I'll adapt and overcome, I continue playing the game as I have always in the past and I noticed that I was slowly sliding backwards with my old gameplay style. So I figured I would fight all the neighbors in my neighborhood that did not aid me, and all of those plunder goods would get donated into my Treasury. Surely that would be enough to maintain my position or even gain a little. I was wrong I continued sliding backwards in rank. So I continued fighting, and I even added 600 of my additional goods daily to my guild Treasury. I noticed I still was sliding slowly back in rank. So then I decided to level my great buildings a few times, I am NOT progressing forward but I am NOT sliding backwards currently. My computer bounces on my passenger seat approximately 18 hours a day with this game on, so it is not for a lack of trying. I personally think that this new scoring system is not working to credit the players who diligently spend many many hours a day on this game. The interesting thing is I checked the statistics for freedom2112 world. The interesting thing is out of the top 1000 players 248 of them are inactive, that is almost approximately 25%. These are the players that make this game money ,they have put the time and effort to get to that position. Those statistics were only on his world of B. From my experience in the last few days I have noticed that I figured a way out to maintain my position and not lose ground but also not gain ground either. So I am NOT happy with this, but large companies are going to do what they want, and when they want. And these companies figure they will just get a new customer base. I give freedom2112 a lot of credit for trying to stand up for what's right but ultimately I don't think there will be any resolution made unfortunately. You all have a good day, and now you may proceed on bashing my post. keep looking up.

DeletedUser17558

Good day all. I made a post a few days ago ,right after the transition. Once the transition occurred I lost 700 positions in rank. I was nowhere near happy as many of us we're not. So I figured I'll adapt and overcome, I continue playing the game as I have always in the past and I noticed that I was slowly sliding backwards with my old gameplay style. So I figured I would fight all the neighbors in my neighborhood that did not aid me, and all of those plunder goods would get donated into my Treasury. Surely that would be enough to maintain my position or even gain a little. I was wrong I continued sliding backwards in rank. So I continued fighting, and I even added 600 of my additional goods daily to my guild Treasury. I noticed I still was sliding slowly back in rank. So then I decided to level my great buildings a few times, I am NOT progressing forward but I am NOT sliding backwards currently. My computer bounces on my passenger seat approximately 18 hours a day with this game on, so it is not for a lack of trying. I personally think that this new scoring system is not working to credit the players who diligently spend many many hours a day on this game. The interesting thing is I checked the statistics for freedom2112 world. The interesting thing is out of the top 1000 players 248 of them are inactive, that is almost approximately 25%. These are the players that make this game money ,they have put the time and effort to get to that position. Those statistics were only on his world of B. From my experience in the last few days I have noticed that I figured a way out to maintain my position and not lose ground but also not gain ground either. So I am NOT happy with this, but large companies are going to do what they want, and when they want. And these companies figure they will just get a new customer base. I give freedom2112 a lot of credit for trying to stand up for what's right but ultimately I don't think there will be any resolution made unfortunately. You all have a good day, and now you may proceed on bashing my post. keep looking up.

The only world I play in is B and I guarantee you that many of the top 1000 players are not diamond players. There is no way to know for sure how many of that 25% that quit are diamond players, either. I barely moved in the rankings. I consider myself a pretty well rounded player who skews towards fighting. Since I haven't been significantly affected by the scoring change, I will just continue to fight. I will say I am enjoying seeing a few of my neighbors drop like stones.

I think goods farming is more beneficial to the players in the earlier eras, while fighting favors those in the later eras, especially those who have finished the tech tree.

DeletedUser10415

Goods farming would be beneficial to both. Those in later eras, and especially those who have finished the tech tree, have much more room for building, and can produce vast quantities of goods they can then donate to their guild's treasury....which they can then use to fight in GvG with.

DeletedUser9433

Totally incorrect, see you in six years after you pass the bar exam.

DeletedUser8152

No, they cannot. That is meant to be a benefit, since they don't use up aid.