• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New rewards from Antiques Dealer - feedback

DeletedUser30312

I bought one directly from the AD, and I had a bid on an Art Auction kit both on my Parkog city.

Jern2017

Everyone is going crazy with the SoK upgrades.

I want some, but not nearly that much.

Attachments

• 20200309_002454.jpg
    20200309_002454.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 25

RazorbackPirate

I bought an Art kit yesterday, got another at auction today. Both were far less than the cost or bids for an SoK upgrade.

DeletedUser36145

As I have predicted a few comments earlier, the prizes are insane, especially for the SoK upgrade.

Algona

As I have predicted a few comments earlier, the prizes are insane, especially for the SoK upgrade.

If you mean at auction, agreed

If you mean price of the SoK upgrade from the AD, I thought it was the same as the price for an SoK? I haven't seen any on the shelf yet in three cities.

If that's right, I can afford about 10 right now in my two CE cities.. I'm fine with that.

I haven't sold scores? maybe 200? more? items with values over 1K Trade Coins and some amount of Gems with more arriving constantly. Which means I can probably buy them as fast as they appear on the shelf. I'm fine with that, too.

DeletedUser30312

The direct buy cost was about in line with most of the other top end items that show up on the shelves. Don't remember exactly what it was though.

RazorbackPirate

@Algona is correct, the price of an SoK upgrade is the same as the price for an SoK. The price of an Art dealer selection kit is 28,350 tcs + 63 gemstones. I bought one at that price and was also able to get one at auction for a bit over 18k tcs. I think for what the AE gives, neither is a bad price.

WinnerGR

@Algona is correct, the price of an SoK upgrade is the same as the price for an SoK. The price of an Art dealer selection kit is 28,350 tcs + 63 gemstones. I bought one at that price and was also able to get one at auction for a bit over 18k tcs. I think for what the AE gives, neither is a bad price.
I did no think you could buy a full sok in the AD.

RazorbackPirate

The price of an Art dealer selection kit is 28,350 tcs + 63 gemstones. For comparison, a Sunken Treasure sells for 24,300 tcs + 65 gemstones. A Sleigh Builder, 24,300 tcs, + 44 gemstones. Each 24 hour period, a level 8 Art Exhibition gives much more than 8 Sunken Treasures or 8 Sleigh Builders in a fraction of the space.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36145

Yes, they are both OK as a direct purchase. But the auction prizes are unreasonable.
Problem is, it will probably take months to collect a fully leveled AE, and forever to upgrade all existing SoK and make it worth again.
In my main world I have more than 60 SoK, most of them in inventory and I don't see them leaving it anytime soon. And btw, by the time one gets enough SoK upgrades, there will be tenths of new and better buildings released. So, this step is a little late and won't revive the SoK as the valuable building it once was.

RazorbackPirate

Yes, they are both OK as a direct purchase. But the auction prizes are unreasonable.
Problem is, it will probably take months to collect a fully leveled AE, and forever to upgrade all existing SoK and make it worth again.
In my main world I have more than 60 SoK, most of them in inventory and I don't see them leaving it anytime soon. And btw, by the time one gets enough SoK upgrades, there will be tenths of new and better buildings released. So, this step is a little late and won't revive the SoK as the valuable building it once was.
Not sure what your point is here. Auction items go for whatever someone is willing to pay. So what?

I also see no point in keeping SoKs, you yourself admit you'll never be able to use in inventory, when you can sell them to get all the trade coins and gemstones you'd need to purchase the 8 Art Exhibition selection kits you'd need to build one. Knowing this, you have no one to blame for your lack of trade coins and gemstones, but yourself.

As far as possibly taking months to accumulate enough kits for a level 8, your lack of patience has no bearing on the value of the building. Besides, how long would it take for you to purchase and/or bid and acquire 8 Sunken Treasures or 8 Sleigh Builders?

Much ado about nothing

Jern2017

I'm currently bidding for 200 FPs in one of my cities. Was this also added with the recent update? I've never seen 200 FP auctions, just 100 ones.

RazorbackPirate

I'm currently bidding for 200 FPs in one of my cities. Was this also added with the recent update? I've never seen 200 FP auctions, just 100 ones.
There's your problem right there. Bidding on crap while passing on worthwhile items.

No one to blame, but yourself

DeletedUser8420

How can we give a response to something that never seems to appear. So, since the above special items haven't been offered yet... to me its a no big whoop!

Jern2017

There's your problem right there. Bidding on crap while passing on worthwhile items.

No one to blame, but yourself

I sure don't have a problem, but it would appear you have one. Your response would be more fitting if I complained about this, but I asked a simple question out of curiosity.

I was bidding on my Diamond farm world because I'm currently leveling my Arc to get more expansions and since I don't produce any FPs outside of WWs, the 200 FPs I won from the auction was a great bonus for me, especially because I don't spend my TCs and Gemstones for anything else.

DeletedUser36145

Not sure what your point is here. Auction items go for whatever someone is willing to pay. So what?

I also see no point in keeping SoKs, you yourself admit you'll never be able to use in inventory, when you can sell them to get all the trade coins and gemstones you'd need to purchase the 8 Art Exhibition selection kits you'd need to build one. Knowing this, you have no one to blame for your lack of trade coins and gemstones, but yourself.

As far as possibly taking months to accumulate enough kits for a level 8, your lack of patience has no bearing on the value of the building. Besides, how long would it take for you to purchase and/or bid and acquire 8 Sunken Treasures or 8 Sleigh Builders?

Much ado about nothing

Yes, they go for whatever prize, which doesn't make it any more reasonable.
I have all the coins and gems needed for a fully leveled building right now and I blame noone for nothing.
And I have all the ST and SB I need, some of them also accumulating dust in inventory.
Actually, I need nothing that the AD can offer and that is why I don't sell items anymore. For me there is no difference, whether I store unused items or unused coins and gems.
I just shared an opinion, that these buildings, although very good right now, will probably be outdated by the time one gets enough of them.

P.S. I don't see any particular reason why someone must feel obligated to fiercely defend everything, that is offered in the game, even when it is not that good at all (No offence meant).