• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New rewards from Antiques Dealer - feedback

RazorbackPirate

P.S. I don't see any particular reason why someone must feel obligated to fiercely defend everything, that is offered in the game, even when it is not that good at all (No offence meant).
Then why did you comment about my pricing comparison? I don't see any particular reason why you felt obligated to piss all over the Art Exhibition, one of the most powerful special buildings in the game.

DeletedUser36145

Then why did you comment about my pricing comparison? I don't see any particular reason why you felt obligated to piss all over the Art Exhibition, one of the most powerful special buildings in the game.

I did not comment on your comparison. I commented on the prizes, which, in my opinion, are ridiculous. But than, anyone has a head on his shoulders and is free to do whatever desired with the game resources.
And anyone can have an opinion, even if it is different than yours.

DeletedUser30312

I have no problem with the way the Art Exhibition is being offered. It keeps people from getting bored with the AD which is what would happen if they can get the parts to fast.

SoK upgrades aren't bad, but I think they're more of an end game perk than something you want to pursue earlier in the game.

Zatrikon

Also, everyone, just remember that it may be a while before you see these items in the dealer. We don't need complaints about you not seeing them right when they are introduced.
And it looks like they haven't been made available in all the worlds at the same time. I've seen several of these new items in one world, and none in my other world.

RazorbackPirate

They've been added everywhere. I've seen both of them a few times in two worlds, but many guild members have not. Even once.

BadBad33

I Like the idea of the Antique Dealer but it's flawed... Who goes to an Auction and bids for 2 hours??
Life happens and I personally can't guarantee I can check the game again before the timer comes up..
Pricing and Availability are out of Whack...
I've only seen 1 of certain items for months and missed others so not sure if New stuff will be readily available
or if older items will now become even more scarce...
Example of price:
A simple 30 minute supply rush is one I thought was valuable to some and a $1 store item to others..
I thought it wasn't worth the price at all and took a space away from something better..
Also Phoenix statue, Hammock and a few others I feel are not as valuable as they are charging for...
I wish we could Scramble/Swap items more often than 24 hours - Maybe let us pay Gems/Coins to scramble 1x/day as an option?(wishful thinking)
Example of limited availability :
Collosus and Winter Spire - I have seen only once since rollout but the New Art Exhibition I've seen a few times this week already...
Sometimes I see the same thing being offered and Auctioned at the same time...
Or same items being offered again and again..
I like the new items, New can't be all bad.
I just wish I had a better Marketplace/Auction House system roped into one??
Or even just improved individually...
No trades that are 10 to 1(3-1) against for goods when there isn't any human trades available and the new Antique Dealer only items are expensive..
I didn't expect to need so many coins/gems..
Or even pay so much for some basic items...
I missed out because I wasn't prepared at first and spent like a kid in a candy store - I still wonder if it's worth it in the long run for some items
Even though I'll probably end up getting them eventually...

If Anything the Auctions have me stockpiling items for possible future use...
I trade in regularly and have only the last spot(5th) left to open...
I just somehow feel like I'm losing out on trade ins because they don't Value the same items I'm trading
as much as we would...
Example if you get a Selection Kit item...
It's less valuable upon trade in than if you researched on the web which item gives what and chose that item - then traded.
I WISH they would give the Auctioned Value when you selected or hovered above that item when I'm in my Inventory..
It would make it easier when we're making our choices..
Sorry for the sidetracked conversations I put in here, but as I get older I'm becoming Grandpa Simpson!!
"My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles."
Thanks for reading my rambles!

never2clever

I like the Antiques Dealer because it provides the opportunity to earn upgrades that may have been missed during Special Events or whatever; however, I do have one comment about how the Antiques Dealer works.

When hot items--ones that only come around rarely resulting in bidding wars--are available for auction, it's nearly impossible for someone in an earlier age to outbid a player from an age much farther in the game. For example, a Colossus upgrade was up for auction the other day, which went for 65,000 coins, but what really irked me was that this player ALREADY had a maxed-out Level 10 Colossus and was simply looking to build up a second one. (I stalked his/her/their/its city). This is when I realized that players who are 10+ levels ahead of others bidding on the same auction items isn't really fair and leads to potential inequities in the game. Like, can't these super-players who have played much longer let some of the lowly newbie players get in on the action of having maxed-out buildings coveted by most players? Couldn't auctions be limited to players either in your same age (similar to the neighborhood) or only include players +/- 1 or 2 ages or your own?

Agent327

When hot items--ones that only come around rarely resulting in bidding wars--are available for auction, it's nearly impossible for someone in an earlier age to outbid a player from an age much farther in the game. For example, a Colossus upgrade was up for auction the other day, which went for 65,000 coins, but what really irked me was that this player ALREADY had a maxed-out Level 10 Colossus and was simply looking to build up a second one.

So players should not be allowed to get a second special building? :eek:

This is when I realized that players who are 10+ levels ahead of others bidding on the same auction items isn't really fair and leads to potential inequities in the game. Like, can't these super-players who have played much longer let some of the lowly newbie players get in on the action of having maxed-out buildings coveted by most players? Couldn't auctions be limited to players either in your same age (similar to the neighborhood) or only include players +/- 1 or 2 ages or your own?

It is an auction, not a giveaway or charity. There are 50 players in that auction. Age has nothing to do with it. Even in the same age you can get into an auction with "super-players". It is up to you to work on it so you can outbid them.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I like the Antiques Dealer because it provides the opportunity to earn upgrades that may have been missed during Special Events or whatever; however, I do have one comment about how the Antiques Dealer works.

When hot items--ones that only come around rarely resulting in bidding wars--are available for auction, it's nearly impossible for someone in an earlier age to outbid a player from an age much farther in the game. For example, a Colossus upgrade was up for auction the other day, which went for 65,000 coins, but what really irked me was that this player ALREADY had a maxed-out Level 10 Colossus and was simply looking to build up a second one. (I stalked his/her/their/its city). This is when I realized that players who are 10+ levels ahead of others bidding on the same auction items isn't really fair and leads to potential inequities in the game. Like, can't these super-players who have played much longer let some of the lowly newbie players get in on the action of having maxed-out buildings coveted by most players? Couldn't auctions be limited to players either in your same age (similar to the neighborhood) or only include players +/- 1 or 2 ages or your own?
As I stated when you originally made this a proposal, this has so many issues I didn't know where to start, but I'll try and give it a shot this time...

You should have bid 66k, or 67k or 100k, whatever it took to win if it was that important to you. That you wouldn't or couldn't offer up enough to win an auction isn't the fault of the person who won. It is an auction, not a giveaway.

The system is fair the way it is. Everyone has an equal chance. Items sold to the dealer sell for the same amount regardless of era. Auctions are limited to the first 50 players who show up. Limiting auctions to a specific era or range would almost certainly requires auctions to be much longer in order to populate them with enough players. Longer auctions = many less chances overall.

If you think someone should just let you win because you are newer or because they already have a building is quite the entitled snowflake attitude. I could say a lot more than that about your being irked, but would rather not get banned from the forum.

never2clever

So players should not be allowed to get a second special building? :eek:

I never said players don't deserve a second building. I have plenty of multiple special buildings, it's how you get ahead in the game.

It is an auction, not a giveaway or charity. There are 50 players in that auction. Age has nothing to do with it. Even in the same age you can get into an auction with "super-players". It is up to you to work on it so you can outbid them.

I didn't realize auctions were only limited to 50 players - is that information listed somewhere in the game rules? A player who is 10+ ages ahead of another player has had 10+ ages of time to collect coins and auction off their inventory to build a bank of coins with which to bid. This is where I see the inequity that arises, especially when bidding wars occur over highly coveted items, irrespective of limiting the auctions to 50 players at a time.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Even in the same age you can get into an auction with "super-players". It is up to you to work on it so you can outbid them.
So much this as well. If the AD had been available while my main city was still in Iron Age, I would have been sitting on many more auction coins than the couple million I have now (since I had to wait until I aged up to be able to sell stuff). I guarantee that if n2c had been up against me in the same auction and in the same era, they would have either lost or spent at least 125k coins to beat me, because I wouldn't have given up until that point.