• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New rewards from Antiques Dealer - feedback

never2clever

As I stated when you originally made this a proposal, this has so many issues I didn't know where to start, but I'll try and give it a shot this time...

You should have bid 66k, or 67k or 100k, whatever it took to win if it was that important to you. That you wouldn't or couldn't offer up enough to win an auction isn't the fault of the person who won. It is an auction, not a giveaway.

The system is fair the way it is. Everyone has an equal chance. Items sold to the dealer sell for the same amount regardless of era. Auctions are limited to the first 50 players who show up. Limiting auctions to a specific era or range would almost certainly requires auctions to be much longer in order to populate them with enough players. Longer auctions = many less chances overall.

If you think someone should just let you win because you are newer or because they already have a building is quite the entitled snowflake attitude. I could say a lot more than that about your being irked, but would rather not get banned from the forum.

I never implied that I should win the auction that it's all about me. I'm talking about players from a lower age in general. Sorry if my opinion about how I view the Antiques Dealer offended you, but you don't have to be so darn defensive.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I never implied that I should win the auction that it's all about me. I'm talking about players from a lower age in general.
Trust me when I say that if the AD was implemented by era or a narrow range of eras, you (or players like you) would get eaten alive exactly the same as the way it is now. Instead of much higher era players beating you, it would have been those of us that camp eras for years you would be losing to.

Lord Pest

2+ months ago a level 1 winners plaza was one of the 6 items you can outright buy. Since then I’ve been waiting for another one to show up. Has anyone seen a level 1 winners plaza offered either for sale or for bid in the last 2 months?

Patience is a virtue but it’s testing mine.

Aethelcatt VIII

2+ months ago a level 1 winners plaza was one of the 6 items you can outright buy. Since then I’ve been waiting for another one to show up. Has anyone seen a level 1 winners plaza offered either for sale or for bid in the last 2 months?

Patience is a virtue but it’s testing mine.
There is one on the AD's self right at this moment where I live (Jaims).

never2clever

Trust me when I say that if the AD was implemented by era or a narrow range of eras, you (or players like you) would get eaten alive exactly the same as the way it is now. Instead of much higher era players beating you, it would have been those of us that camp eras for years you would be losing to.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.

never2clever

Is there any sort of pattern behind what goes up for auction or is available to buy? Or are there unspoken rules about waiting until the end of the following special event before upgrades are released for the penultimate one? Hope that makes sense. For example, I have an Athlon Abbey from the Summer Soccer Event that's stuck at Lvl 9, so would like to find an upgrade to bring it to Lvl 10 but haven't seen any available in the AD yet. Will they ever be available? It seems completely random to me, but appreciate any insight you have on this matter. I was shocked to see a World's Fair upgrade available to purchase outright!

Sharmon the Impaler

Special event levels come out in the auction first and if they do it's about 1 year after the event closes. They come out in the shop about 8 months after this .... if they do at all.

Ebeondi Asi

I would clarify saying the new Event Building is in an Event as the main prize. One year later that building usually again in that event as a Daily spcial rather than the main prize. then, soon after to a few months later it 'may' become an Antique Dealer item. This is not guaranteed, but is the system that has been in effect at least this past year-plus.
The one exception was the base for the house of horrors was released to Antique Dealer mainly due to a shortage of them in the original event. the upgrades have not appeared.

Emberguard

and only maybe
It’s a incredibly likely maybe. It’s been a very reliable trend so far, just not promised so there’s always the chance for things to change.

However I wouldn’t be too worried about waiting a year. Fact is you’ll have plenty of events to do between then and now, each with new events you can place down. You don’t need everything maxed out, it’s nice to have maxed out buildings sure. But you’ll still get plenty of benefit without a max level building

Lord Pest

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. After complaining here about not seeing a level 1 winners plaza for 2 months one shows up this morning as one of the six items you can buy in the AD.