• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New tavern features?

I’m just curious if anyone has ever wanted more tavern features.

For example:
-Higher upgrades then what is already available
-extra negotiation turn for GBG
-defense boost for attacking units
-higher percentage chance (like2%) at receiving bp when aiding

These are just my examples, no need to get bogged down with why my particular examples don’t work for reason x,y,z...blah blah. I’m just curious for people’s ideas.

Super Catanian

Mentioned it before, but I wouldn't mind having certain items, such as Coin and Supply Rush Items, also available as Tavern Boosts. Hell, even Self-Aid Kits or Mass Aid Kits, if you made the mistake of selling them all to the AD (I didn't).

Captain Christian

I wouldn't mind having a two extra turn boost for negotiating, or have the negotiation boost work on daily quest negotiations, but that's about it.

Graviton

Mentioned it before, but I wouldn't mind having certain items, such as Coin and Supply Rush Items, also available as Tavern Boosts. Hell, even Self-Aid Kits or Mass Aid Kits, if you made the mistake of selling them all to the AD (I didn't).

I've never had a use for self-aid or mass aid kits, I sell every one I find. If you're short on aid it's time to refresh the friends list, and/or find a guild with more active members.

I wouldn't mind more uses for the Tavern but at the moment I can't think what. To address your specific suggestions:

Higher upgrades would be kinda pointless, as before long you'll have more Tavern silver than you can spend. More seats at the table might be useful.
Extra negotiation turn for GBG would no doubt necessitate more goods required in the first place, as others have pointed out when this suggestion was made before, so in the long run it would become more expensive, not less.
Defense boost for attacking units...I guess. Don't see much need for it, but that's been recently introduced with new buildings so maybe. I don't see myself choosing a defense boost rather than an attack boost when I'm attacking.
Higher percentage chance (like2%) at receiving bp when aiding...meh. Might be useful for newer cities but not after playing for awhile. I've got piles of what I consider worthless BPs.

Jern2017

Yes, I would definitely like to see additional or enhanced tavern boosts. I have almost one million silver that I never spend, unless a quest requires me to.

I've never had a use for self-aid or mass aid kits, I sell every one I find. If you're short on aid it's time to refresh the friends list, and/or find a guild with more active members.

I wouldn't mind more uses for the Tavern but at the moment I can't think what. To address your specific suggestions:

Higher upgrades would be kinda pointless, as before long you'll have more Tavern silver than you can spend. More seats at the table might be useful.
Extra negotiation turn for GBG would no doubt necessitate more goods required in the first place, as others have pointed out when this suggestion was made before, so in the long run it would become more expensive, not less.
Defense boost for attacking units...I guess. Don't see much need for it, but that's been recently introduced with new buildings so maybe. I don't see myself choosing a defense boost rather than an attack boost when I'm attacking.
Higher percentage chance (like2%) at receiving bp when aiding...meh. Might be useful for newer cities but not after playing for awhile. I've got piles of what I consider worthless BPs.
That’s kinda why I was saying no need to get bogged down in my suggestions, they aren’t my suggestions, just examples. I like your idea of more seats at the table! Maybe multiple tables? Like a real tavern?

One thing to point out about what everyone has said, if you still have a relatively young city (my cities vary) then a lot of these ideas would be helpful. In my younger cities, I don’t have millions of silver yet. I don’t have blue prints to spare. I think for newer players some things are more useful then more experienced ones. And honestly, to the person who says there’s no need for it...surely you’ve maxed out your tavern by now. You really wouldn’t be excited if Inno added new features?

DeletedUser40559

More seats would be nice and more things to spend the silver on. I use the extra turns and supply boost but the rest doesn't do anything for me.

DeletedUser34893

While you are at it find some more uses for harbor goods, Mars ore, medals and supplies.

DevaCat

I would like a new tavern boost called "This Round's On Me" which would have an effect on an attacking army.

Available in 1, 2 and 3 Round versions, the boost would be purchased and then remain pending (might need a new tab) until triggered by an attack on the city. The boost would deflect the intended movement of the attackers' units by a bit -- think of the knight's movement in chess -- and create a drunken milling about for a given number of rounds.

Since the AI loves to send my defense units out on suicidal frontal charges, I could at least get some chuckles watching replays of them chasing the enemy in circles before they get slaughtered! ;)

Godly Luke

I would like a new tavern boost called "This Round's On Me" which would have an effect on an attacking army.

Available in 1, 2 and 3 Round versions, the boost would be purchased and then remain pending (might need a new tab) until triggered by an attack on the city. The boost would deflect the intended movement of the attackers' units by a bit -- think of the knight's movement in chess -- and create a drunken milling about for a given number of rounds.

Since the AI loves to send my defense units out on suicidal frontal charges, I could at least get some chuckles watching replays of them chasing the enemy in circles before they get slaughtered! ;)
Love it! Please make a proposal

BruteForceAttack

I think it would be great to make a proposal for more tavern features. I want to do an official proposal, but wanted to see what new features people were interested in, or if the whole idea was a bad idea.

According to proposal rules, you will have find something that doesn't make the game easier. Which is not a easy task.

Victoria and Albert

For upgrades, I thought it would be cool to upgrade to a tavern pet like a parrot or a cat.
Those upgrades could yield boosts like how the cultural settlements emissaries could give extra goods or medals
And in the tavern shop I totally think we need to buy an extra turn in BattleGrounds