• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New World anytime soon?

You're assuming those players are trying to compete via Ranking instead of competing on the battlefield. If your focus is solely on Ranking most wouldn't spend for long on a new world either.

I’m assuming they are new players and that the only thing they have to assess and understand is ranking. They‘re likely in some guild with light requirements with other similarly new players as they learn and grow in their game. It’s a good year before they are competitive at anything, anywhere in the game. I’m not sure how long it would be before a player understands the things that EA described as benefits above. I’d just think they would find the initial long odds of “success” staggeringly low, subsequently shortening their playing careers before they were able to redefine what “success” means to them.

Relying on money is not scalable on its own for Ranking. Which is why money spenders who focus solely on buying to get anywhere can be easily overtaken by a competitive free player. Competitive scales your ranking. Money only gets you past the initial step

I did not mean to imply that paying money was a formula for success, so if that was a takeaway, I apologize for not being clear. What I find intriguing is from Inno Games’s perspective. What drives new players to stick it out in the game and invest real money, or does the vast majority of their sales go through the same 20,000(?) players that have been paying for the last 9+ years, versus newly created accounts? More of a rhetorical question, as I don’t imagine they’d answer that.

UBERhelp1

I don't remember where I read this, but new worlds are generally opened once all worlds reach a certain number of active players. I think the number is about 7,000.

I did not mean to imply that paying money was a formula for success, so if that was a takeaway, I apologize for not being clear. What I find intriguing is from Inno Games’s perspective. What drives new players to stick it out in the game and invest real money, or does the vast majority of their sales go through the same 20,000(?) players that have been paying for the last 9+ years, versus newly created accounts? More of a rhetorical question, as I don’t imagine they’d answer that.
For those who do pay money, that provides motivation to keep playing the game. They are literally invested in it. Most new players to FoE don't immediately start spending money. In fact, new players make up the majority that will be quitting the game, since it won't be as fun as they thought. The players that stick around and keep playing the game, then, are more likely to start spending money. And once you start spending money, you stay around longer.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Since new worlds are based on new demand, and since it appears that one of the main reasons that Inno has been adding more and more features to the core game is to keep players busy in one world longer, and since many if not most players have ended up shutting down either all of their extra worlds or else a lot of them, it seems to me that there aren't enough new players to warrant any new worlds. This appears to be by design to save money spent on servers.

In fact, a few years ago when I started many of my extra worlds, guild hopping to 79 member guilds was easy peasy.

Looking now, there aren't anywhere near as many full guilds around anymore. Just getting new members is becoming a challenge for many guilds.

I seriously doubt we will ever see another new world added, and if we do it will be for some special reason, not for the reason all the previous worlds were created.

Emberguard

I’m assuming they are new players and that the only thing they have to assess and understand is ranking. They‘re likely in some guild with light requirements with other similarly new players as they learn and grow in their game. It’s a good year before they are competitive at anything, anywhere in the game. I’m not sure how long it would be before a player understands the things that EA described as benefits above. I’d just think they would find the initial long odds of “success” staggeringly low, subsequently shortening their playing careers before they were able to redefine what “success” means to them.
I already knew from every game I’ve ever player that it’s highly unlikely to reach the top of the leaderboard in even something like Tetris or Super Mario. So for myself when I was a brand new player to FoE, I waited until I had sufficient understanding of the game to know (and understand) what each package is selling so I wouldn’t be buying something that would be useless in a age or two. The goal for me was to simply improve my city with something that would reasonably last. Not look at everyone elses success

What I find intriguing is from Inno Games’s perspective. What drives new players to stick it out in the game and invest real money, or does the vast majority of their sales go through the same 20,000(?) players that have been paying for the last 9+ years, versus newly created accounts? More of a rhetorical question, as I don’t imagine they’d answer that.
you’re right, Inno won’t tell you.

The Lady Redneck

Why do we need a new world to enjoy the game? Since I joined FOE I have played in every world. Have been a guild member, guild leader, guild founder. Have played in farming guilds. war guilds, GE guilds. GvG guilds GBG guilds, Built cities with no GBs at all. Mini cities, Themed cities. Trading cities. And have started in new worlds on day one a couple of times. Have done so without throwing much real cash at all at the game. Have made a lot of friends and one or 2 enemies. Have changed my game name and persona a couple of times. Expressed my opinion on a few things on the Forums and butted heads with a Mod or two. Have thanked Support for their help at times and also told them what I felt on some issues.

The thing is there is nothing in a new world that you cannot get in any of the others. INNO would be wiser investing in fixing existing problems within the game. Rather than opening another world where people are just faced with the same old same old. If they did that the hundreds of inactive players in dead guilds in every world might just wake up and find a game worth playing.