• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] New World Release?

DeletedUser31842

Quick question I started playing again to get a feel for the game on a middle world but now that I have my feet wet I would love a chance to get started on a new world where its a fresh start for everyone. Anyone have a good guess for when a new world is released?

DeletedUser26965

No one really knows and they don't really announce it but maybe a day or two before it opens. Could be tomorrow could be next year.

DeletedUser31842

Damn, I guess ill bugger around with more repeatable quest strategies on my other world and tinker and stuff. Thanks !

DeletedUser12620

All we know is that the world is called Yorkton. It's been in the support centers page for some time as well not sure how long but for a while.

DeletedUser26965

Well, I can see some of the appeal to a new world, everyone starting from the beginning, new GvG, can start from week one in GE competitions, new guilds have to be formed etc. but at the same time you're somewhat met with the same type dynamic in that there's big time spendy players, experienced players and new players and it doesn't really take that long for things to kind of settle in to where all that begins to fade and doesn't become all that much different than any other world. That was my experience when Xyr opened anyway.

If player base is any guide as to when they decide to open a new world then there's kind of an issue I see. The first 20 world's average 82,000 players per world then you have V 71,000 W 56,000 X 47,000, a precipitous drop. But if we notice, they opened X and W is still only at 56,000 and I'm sure W had less when X opened so it seems there is some other consideration Inno uses when opening a new world. Perhaps they use and arbitrary number like 50,000 so every time a world gets that amount of players they open a new one but I'm just completely guessing. Then of course there's the "surge" factor, in that some say well open a new world and you get more money Inno, and that's probably true but they would know that better than us and if that were the reason you would think they would open a new world like every three months or something.

Here's some info:

Playerbase by world in thousands
A 82
B 81
C 82
D 87
E 85
F 84
G 84
H 85
J 83
K 83
L 83
M 85
N 82
O 82
P 81
Q 79
R 79
S 79
T 78
U 78
V 71
W 56

worldszzzz - Copy.PNG

World - Open Date - Announcement
Yorkton - Open Date?
Xyr - 1/26/17 - Announced 1 day prior
Walstrand - 9/19/16 - Announced 3 days prior
Vingrid - 4/27/16 - Announced 2 days prior
Uceria - 6/15/15 - Announced 1 day prior
Tuulech - 5/27/15 - Announced 1 day prior
Sinerania - 4/28/15 - Announced same day
Rugnir - 4/?/15 - No announcement
Qunrir - 3/13/15 - Announced same day
Parkog - 10/30/14 - Announced same day
Odhrorvar - 10/22/14 - Announced same day
Noarsil - 10/13/14 - Announced 1 day prior
Mount Killmore - 10/2/14 - Contest announcement
Langendorn - 7/16/14 - Announced 2 days prior
Korch - 7/2/14 - Announced 3 days prior
Jaims - 6/23/14 - Contest Announcement
Houndsmoor - 2/17/14 - Announced 7 days prior
Greifental - 10/12/13 - Announced 6 days prior
Fel Dranghyr - 9/18/13 - Announced 5 days prior
East-Nagach - 7/10/13 - Announced 9 days prior
Dunarsund - 1/17/13 - Contest Announcement
Cirgard - 9/4/12 - Announced same day
Brisgard - 8/9/2012 - No Announcement - Teaser Announcement Aug 6 2012
Arvahall - April 2012? - https://blog.forgeofempires.com/?p=463 First blog post November 30, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31842

wow thanks for the info thats super informative, it seems like there would be a new world somewhat soonish then based on this

DeletedUser26965

wow thanks for the info thats super informative, it seems like there would be a new world somewhat soonish then based on this
You're welcome but to me the data would say later rather than sooner because the only thing we can really say is there is a really big drop in the most recent 3 worlds in playerbase relative to all the worlds before them. So it seems like it would make sense for those to get more before a new world opens.

They did mention once when they opened a bunch of new worlds in a single year that because of the playerbase was quickly rising they opened more so it seems to me that is the measure they use to open new worlds, the amount of players on them. We simply don't know what that number is for them to justify opening a new world or what other variables if any they consider before doing so.

DeletedUser26965

Hopefully it's during an event kinda to promote it :p
I'm not really sure opening a new world would promote either. I mean there's so many events anyway and with Daily Challenges coming, which are essentially events, I'm not sure how that would factor into their reasoning for opening a new world except to maybe say they would probably want to open one in between events.

DeletedUser12620

I'm not really sure opening a new world would promote either. I mean there's so many events anyway and with Daily Challenges coming, which are essentially events, I'm not sure how that would factor into their reasoning for opening a new world except to maybe say they would probably want to open one in between events.
Opening events would attract more players into the world.

DeletedUser26965

Opening events would attract more players into the world.
I don't see how. I don't think I ever opened a new world because of event though I suppose starting a new world yourself just before the Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter events makes more sense than during or just after but no matter when you start you can rest assure there's going to be an event anyway and Daily Challenges.

DeletedUser12620

I don't see how. I don't think I ever opened a new world because of event though I suppose starting a new world yourself just before the Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter events makes more sense than during or just after but no matter when you start you can rest assure there's going to be an event anyway and Daily Challenges.

haha, cant wait! :p

DeletedUser26154

I'm thinking of forming a guild of Hard Workers on the New World.

456sf4ds.jpg

I'm gonna call it "Joe Noob Goes Wild".

DeletedUser12620

Quick question I started playing again to get a feel for the game on a middle world but now that I have my feet wet I would love a chance to get started on a new world where its a fresh start for everyone. Anyone have a good guess for when a new world is released?

Stay up to date with the announcements never know what they may include in updates :)