• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] New world

RazorbackPirate

Given the ongoing purge of un-played cities of 2+ years, I don't think Inno will see the need for a new US based world for quite a while. I'd rather see the existing worlds with a higher % of active cities. In each of the two worlds I play, there are 20,000+ abandoned cities with less than 1,000 rank points and barely more than 25,000 cities with more than 10,000 points. Even the oldest server, Arvahall, has less than 8,500 cities with over a million.

Personally, I don't see the need for a new world, or the point of adding one. If anything, I'd like to see Inno step up the pace on deleting abandoned cities, especially the ones on the lower end of the scale.

Lancer

Given the ongoing purge of un-played cities of 2+ years, I don't think Inno will see the need for a new US based world for quite a while. I'd rather see the existing worlds with a higher % of active cities. In each of the two worlds I play, there are 20,000+ abandoned cities with less than 1,000 rank points and barely more than 25,000 cities with more than 10,000 points. Even the oldest server, Arvahall, has less than 8,500 cities with over a million.

Personally, I don't see the need for a new world, or the point of adding one. If anything, I'd like to see Inno step up the pace on deleting abandoned cities, especially the ones on the lower end of the scale.

Yes, I would have to agree with this statement. Then possibly after the clean-up and a huge demand for a new world, then possibly I would like to see one. Until then, I think there is much more better things that can be done to make the existing worlds even better.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Another thing that will affect whether or not a new world is needed has to do with players and multiple cities.

Back when we were getting a ton of new worlds, there was much less to do in game and a lot of players had a ton of cities.

As the game play has expanded, many players are shutting down or abandoning many of their extra cities.

The days of playing a city in every world are basically over unless you only do bare minimum ww collections and not much else. It is at a point for me where playing 3 cities is getting to be too much, though I hate to give any of them up.

RazorbackPirate

Another thing that will affect whether or not a new world is needed has to do with players and multiple cities.

As the game play has expanded, many players are shutting down or abandoning many of their extra cities.
There was a time, that I'd hoped to create more cities, in hindsight I'm glad I only created two. While I've not entirely ruled out the idea of creating a few WW cities, with everything there is to do currently and Battlegrounds pending (I've never GvG'd due to the time of recalc time in my time zone), even that seems more work than I'm willing to put in at this stage.

While I've toyed with the idea of turning one of my cities into a WW city, like you, I'm not keen on the idea of giving one up to do so.

Kranyar the Mysterious

There was a time, that I'd hoped to create more cities, in hindsight I'm glad I only created two. While I've not entirely ruled out the idea of creating a few WW cities, with everything there is to do currently and Battlegrounds pending (I've never GvG'd due to the time of recalc time in my time zone), even that seems more work than I'm willing to put in at this stage.

While I've toyed with the idea of turning one of my cities into a WW city, like you, I'm not keen on the idea of giving one up to do so.

I did turn my third city into a partial ww city (about 50 ww in it), but I try to finish GE4 there every week, do events to completion, and work on several great buildings. I am also co-founder of my guild there (usually ranked 50 to 75). So more of a diamond farm plus, I guess.