• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Next steps with Mobile Video Ads (Feedback thread)

It's not just exchange rates. I have a guild mate from the US just like me that initially had a price tag of 39.99 instead of the 29.99 that everyone else had. At the time he was spending massive amounts of diamonds, but after learning that he was being given the sucker's price he's not spent a dime on the game since.
Good to know, MTG/Inno seem well versed in human behavior, gambling/ clicking/ placing buttons that cost in easily clicked locations.
Not shocked they're testing price points for reduction of ads.
We're all just test subjects...

Have been a every day player for years. I have read each of the comments and do not need to repeat the same message. However my position is I will not Pay to Play. I am sure you have a Business Plan to keep the company in the green and it identified the loss of players with Pay to Play. It is your Business and you need to keep it in the green. I will play based on my ability to pay.

Oswyn the noble

Well in all honesty I’m going to return to playing the game and avoid the ads like I would avoid a land mine. I’ll go back to aiding everyone one by one versus watching an ad to aid all automatically. I’ll zip through to the tavern seats to collect and avoid the tavern ad. Those incidents throughout my city will collect dust like scrap metal cars left in yards with grass growing all around them. That castle reward for watching an ad can be avoided by just taking the smaller reward. I’ll play for the time being while I can avoid the ads and they don’t turn on automatically every 5 seconds and inno can just know that ads won’t be watched by me at all.
I too returned playing the game after i became outraged and wanted to quit. And because of the inability to aid all without clicking to watch a video, i went back aiding old way. Its time consuming if have over 140 friends! Thats the way its gonna be, so be it. And the chest incidents are now forbidden objects

Have been a every day player for years. I have read each of the comments and do not need to repeat the same message. However my position is I will not Pay to Play. I am sure you have a Business Plan to keep the company in the green and it identified the loss of players with Pay to Play. It is your Business and you need to keep it in the green. I will play based on my ability to pay.
I'll pay to play, have been for years.
However, I will only pay for value added to MY game play.
I will not pay to remove ads.

RazorbackPirate

I politely disagree. I play on browser 99% of the time. I'm not quitting until the ads show up on browser. So, strong likelyhood I *will* quit, but, not just yet. Or, at least until a browser based ad smacks me in the face.
I don't see the motivation for Inno to bring them to PC. Browser ad blockers are too easy to come by, I never see an ad watching a YouTube video. I can't imagine Inno expending the resources to poke through what YouTube can't.

In addition, most new players are mobile only with no access to a PC to play. GvG participation stats make this quite clear. How many new players, 2 years or less, even have access to a PC. I expect it's pretty low.
However, I did demonstrate my displeasure by deleting all my diamond farm cities.
Killing your ability to earn the premium currency for free hurts Inno how? "Fine, I'm gonna never earn free diamonds again, that'll show them!" I can't stop laughing at this.
However my position is I will not Pay to Play.
Good thing you won't have to. You'll have to pay if you want an ad free experience, even if you never click an ad, you can still play for free.

As I said, this dust up over. It's all upside for Inno from here. Let the B roll out begin.

MJ Artisan of War

Have already seen 15 long time players quit over the ads on the two live worlds I am on...
Those are just between my limited lists of friends and guildmates.
Bring on the GBG attrition nerf from beta to live and let's clear some more players out...
At this rate of INNOvation they will never have to worry about adding anymore new playing worlds due to over crowding...

Pericles the Lion

Have already seen 15 long time players quit over the ads on the two live worlds I am on...
Those are just between my limited lists of friends and guildmates.
Bring on the GBG attrition nerf from beta to live and let's clear some more players out...
At this rate of INNOvation they will never have to worry about adding anymore new playing worlds due to over crowding...
Not that it really matters but did they delete their cities or just "quit" (wink-wink)?

BossJZ

I don't see the motivation for Inno to bring them to PC. Browser ad blockers are too easy to come by, I never see an ad watching a YouTube video. I can't imagine Inno expending the resources to poke through what YouTube can't.

In addition, most new players are mobile only with no access to a PC to play. GvG participation stats make this quite clear. How many new players, 2 years or less, even have access to a PC. I expect it's pretty low.

Killing your ability to earn the premium currency for free hurts Inno how? "Fine, I'm gonna never earn free diamonds again, that'll show them!" I can't stop laughing at this.

Good thing you won't have to. You'll have to pay if you want an ad free experience, even if you never click an ad, you can still play for free.

As I said, this dust up over. It's all upside for Inno from here. Let the B roll out begin.
Your account, your opinion. My account my opinion. I still think ads are coming to the browser version. Lotsa grammy lady type players that dont know how to run an ad blocker. Any how, cheers. T'would be nice if you are correct. I also don't feel a sense of loss at reducing my city count.

Johnny B. Goode

Another grammy lady type player here — software engineer. I could run an ad blocker, but why bother when I can just not click on the “view ad” buttons?
Good point. And it will probably be way easier on browser than on mobile. Bigger screen and mouse controls, you know. I already avoid clicking on stuff before its time in my city, not clicking on ads should be at least that easy.

Dear Kings and Queens,

Please leave any feedback for our announcement Next steps with Mobile Video Ads below. Please keep it constructive so we can pass along your thoughts. Thanks!

Your forge of Empires team
I know I'm just going to be one of a thousand dissenting voices here, but maybe just one more will be the kicker. So, a few things:
1. Having spent at least $2-3k over the last 4-5 years playing this game, I find it absurd that I should be forced to watch the ads (yes I'm saying I didn't mind when it was based on spend, since I spend a lot of $$ on the game) unless I pay for forgeplus (which I also did last month just to see if it was worth it, it's not btw.)
2. Speaking of forgeplus, seriously though?! $30/m for basically just a bigger diamond sack and free collect-alls. Not really worth it. I would gladly pay $5/m for those 2 perks though, js.
3. I agree with others that you should include a way to switch off the ads/benefits for the people that don't want to see them (since they won't be using them anyways). This would at least un-anger the folks that are going to quit playing just because the ads are there. The rewards are trivial for most higher aged players anyways.
3. The rewards: if you're gonna put ads into the game, you should be giving rewards that are equivalent to the money you're making on the ads. I PROMISE you wouldn't have a single complaint if each of those ads gave a 25 diamond reward, or wishing well/foy/terrace farms. Stop with the 2fp rewards and make it worth our time and maybe you'll make some money off them.
4. Lastly, if I'm paying for Forgeplus, and I play in more than 1 world, the benefits should be spread across all my worlds. Because Lord knows nobody is going to be paying $30+ a month on more than one world.

UP ONLINE

It's only 5 % I don't need it
it is nothing unless it is forced on me I don't mind
make it worth watching it and people will add 20 Diamonds to it