1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

NFL: Best Teams

Discussion in 'Debate Hall' started by Kirk55, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Kirk55

Kirk55 Guest

So I think that it would be interesting for all of you NFL fans to post your favorite teams and say whether you think they're doing well and how they could improve. What you think about their best players and their coaches. I'll start.

I am a huge fan of the Denver Broncos. I believe that they made a huge mistake last year by trading Tim Tebow. He has huge potential and while they had him the Denver Broncos were the most talked about team in the country. Peyton Manning as everybody knows, is really good. I mean 35 points in the second quarter isn't something you see every Sunday.(talking about Broncos vs Chargers 2012) Matt Prater is a really good kicker. So far this season he is 9 for 9 in his field goal attempts. John Fox seems to be a pretty good coach so far. Von Miller, now that he got that cast off his arm is kicking but out on the field.

But now it's your turn. And if you aren't a NFL fan, say so just so that I get a lot of comments. I always feel bad when I don't get very many comments on my post. Go Broncos!!!!!

2. Dominotx711

Dominotx711 Well-Known Member

I refuse to watch NFL...I think it is a bunch of greedy * expletive*
    But if I had to choose, Green Bay

3. Kirk55

Kirk55 Guest

Whaat? Why Green Bay? I hate Green Bay. But thank you for posting.

4. Dominotx711

because they are owned by the people, and so most profits go back to them not some greedy player/coach/owner

ForGotten3 likes this.
  5. Kirk55

Kirk55 Guest

What makes you think that the owner is greedy?

6. Dominotx711

when it costs a typical family a couple of hundred dollars for a nose bleed seat, per person...just so they can pay the astronomical salaries of greedy players, just so they can win rings, just so they can pocket the difference.....I have a problem. I have been a football fan since I was knee high to my grandfather, and when it loses its "family outing" quality, there is a problem.

7. Kirk55

Kirk55 Guest

Actually on Sept. 30th when the Broncos were playing the Raiders, (whom they stomped) I bought a seat in section 100 row 25 for $80. Just to show you that they don't actually cost that much. But you do have a point.

8. Dominotx711

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  9. Kirk55

Kirk55 Guest

I bought them on the same day at the stadium. These tickets are for games a few weeks ahead.

10. Dominotx711

ok...if you say so...

11. qwertyiam

qwertyiam New Member

Patriots all the way!!

alkayman likes this.
  12. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

Go Cubs!

13. alkayman

alkayman Well-Known Member

You may be able to tell from my avatar which teamI prefer: been a fan since '72.

14. Snowbelle

Snowbelle Well-Known Member

I was born and raised a Chicago Bear fan. The biggest mistake they have made is firing Lovie Smith. However in my house the Miami Dolphins is what we cheer for.

ardak kumerin likes this.
  15. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

For almost the last 2 decades, there is really no debate as to the best NFL team. It is clearly the New England Patriots. I don't say that as a Patriots fan, but as a longtime fan of football who recognizes excellence when I see it. Browns in the 50s, Packers in the 60s, Steelers in the 70s, 49ers in the 80s, Cowboys in the 90s, Patriots ever since.

16. ardak kumerin

ardak kumerin Well-Known Member

chi-bears-walter-payton-60th-20140725.png

Sweetness.

alkayman likes this.
  17. Snowbelle

Any picks for this years super bowl yet?

18. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Not the Chiefs. Not until we figure out how to get a worthwhile quarterback, anyway.

19. alkayman

alkayman Well-Known Member

While I would love to see a Patriots/Falcons rematch I think it will be Patriots vs. Packers. Or maybe Pats vs Giants, and we finally get redemption.

20. Snowbelle

I got a text today, apparently Cutler is now playing for the Dolphins. At least while Tannahill is out.