1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

No Choices After 1st in Hallowe'en Event Negotiations

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by glurge, Oct 27, 2018.

1. glurge

glurge Member

I'm still pretty new - just reached the Iron Age - so I can't say for sure it's a bug, but it's certainly off-putting enough to consider quitting the game. In 2 of my worlds playing the Halloween Event I'm at an impasse. I get the option to negotiate of fight. The battles are beyond my scope of victory, and in trying to negotiate I get a 1st choice only - I have to guess correctly right from the start or quit. It says 3 tries, but starting the 2nd try it asks for diamonds, and I've run through them on that 2nd try. Now it's asking for 30-70 diamonds to simply play a second turn.

RebelSky likes this.
  2. glurge

glurge Member

It was suggested I put in a ticket, but I'm too new and such a newb I wanted to check the forum first to make sure I wouldn't just be wasting the time of important folk over a game.

3. Arya66

Arya66 Active Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Xyr
    So, you offer up goods one time.. (get some right perhaps), but need to make a few offers again. Is this when it is asking for diamonds? After only one round?

4. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

This might turn out to be a stupid question, but do you have a sufficient quantity of goods? It sounds like you might be out of the requisite goods and it's giving you the option to buy more for diamonds.

Arya66 likes this.
  5. Arya66

Arya66 Active Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Xyr
    Not a stupid question.. that is probably the issue!

6. glurge

glurge Member

Sometimes it's even the very first choice. I select items, but when asked to pay it only asks for diamonds, not gold coin.

7. glurge

glurge Member

So I'm only using the goods it says I have. You're saying I might need to secure more goods before playing?

The negotiation should only be using goods I have, right?
    How would I know ahead of time which goods I'd need otherwise?

8. Arya66

Arya66 Active Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Xyr
    I think Graviton is right - you probably don't have the goods needed. Check your goods inventory. Got 0's for your age (or one below) goods? You'll need to get more!

9. Arya66

Arya66 Active Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Xyr
    You need ALL goods from your current age and one below - the more the better!

Graviton likes this.
  10. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

@Graviton is 100% correct on this. The problem is that you don't have enough goods to negotiate and it's asking for diamonds to purchase the missing goods when you run out mid-negotiation. Make sure you have enough goods before you start, or spend any.

You can start the negotiation, click to select a good, see which specific goods are needed and how many units are needed for each guess. You can then just click outside the dialog boxes and exit out prior to guessing or spending any goods. Then you can do what you need to do to build up your supply to complete it in the number of turns allotted. Keep in mind many goods can be correct for more than one person, and you may need to put the same good on multiple people for multiple guesses.

In short, however you're making your goods, crank up your production to the maximum and build yourself a healthy supply of all 5 current and previous age goods.

Graviton likes this.
  11. Graviton

No, it doesn't take any notice of what you actually have, it's randomly selected from all five of the current age's goods and all five of the previous age's goods. As Arya66 said, you need to stock up on them all.

RazorbackPirate and Arya66 like this.
  12. glurge

glurge Member

Thanks again, y'all. I'm such a newb. And now I guess I've lost diamonds for nothing. I probably should have simply skipped the event 'till more experienced.

13. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Live and learn. Get good at GE, complete level 4 weekly and you'll earn them all back and then some.

Graviton likes this.
  14. Graviton

You'll earn more, don't worry. You did the right thing by asking the question on the forum. Welcome aboard!

RazorbackPirate likes this.
  15. RebelSky

RebelSky Member

Worlds:
    Uceria

16. RebelSky

RebelSky Member

Worlds:
    Uceria
    I have noticed this too and I do feel it is a bug as I have had things giving a choice, but if I start one, then something else completes the second choice, I end up having to do both regardless of the OR....it is a bug, but Inno will not admit to it. Too much money they are making to admit to a problem I feel.

17. RebelSky

RebelSky Member

Worlds:
    Uceria
    Problem is that completing level 4 of GE has become a joke with rewards like Face of the Ancient and people are getting ticked when they have grown ToR to higher levels and still getting hardly any relics along the way and if they do so cheap they give up. Think they need to give better rewards or even a choice, not the scam they run now.

18. RebelSky

RebelSky Member

Worlds:
    Uceria
    I use the contract form a lot, but many times get a run around or told to make a proposal in Forum, but that takes even more time and so far format never meets what they want so I gave up that too. As long as they get you buying Diamonds they are winning of course. I have slowed and figure it is just a game and what is annoying is that they blame Google Chrome for their game acting up...never their issue lately and I am not the only one since they made changes to getting into game asking is Flash or HTML...prior to that the game played fine.

19. RebelSky

RebelSky Member

Worlds:
    Uceria
    This keeps happening to me and I sent to Inno contact and 2 or 3 days later get an answer after I just do all, because this is what came up in event. I have been playing for over a year and never seen such a confusion as this. I says to do the top 2 or Infiltrate 4 sectors. I chose to infiltrate 4 sectors, then it lit up that I also put 2 boosts in tavern, which I did not, but now the only way to move on (as they will most likely not answer until I have done all telling me what I did, lol) I have sent this same thing to support, but thought I would share here what I have had to deal with on both of my cities of Uceria and Angkor.

Attached Files:

20. hjh102

hjh102 Well-Known Member

Not a bug

Rebel, read carefully. If you look at this image, you can see that there are two sections to this quest. 1- the top choice (finishing 6 8-hour productions) is one that that must be completed. 2 - you must complete EITHER activating boosts or infiltrating sectors. When you infiltrated sectors, both of those 2nd options went green because you completed this second portion of the quest. You must still complete the first part, which is to complete 6 8-hour productions.

FOEImage.jpg

Graviton likes this.