No Pedestrian or Vehicle Traffic Animations

mcribar

About 10 days ago or so street and sidewalk traffic animations disappeared for me and others in my guild. I use Chrome and play in Langendorn. I have tried various things including turning off the animations, reloading, turning them back on, reloading....nothing.

Have these been eliminated due to performance issues with the INNO servers?

sloppyjoeslayer

Been happening for months hasn't it? Thought I've seen posts on it before as well, can't recall now. I turn off animations anyway, though sometimes I turn them on just to see how things look, much better in the latter ages btw.

Last edited:

mcribar

It's only been a couple weeks for me. Same for members of my guild. It happened to everyone at the same time. I only play on a computer and it happens with Chrome and Firefox. I don't do mobile so can't say but somebody in my guild said there has never been road or sidewalk traffic in mobile.

mcribar

Does anyone know if this is a bug or if it was a deliberate action by INNO? And if so, why? I thought the pedestrian and vehicle traffic really made our cities come to life.

snake11s

I am guessing bug or they would have taken away the animals also. I turn the animations off and have a lot less crashes than before.

clesindl30

It's only been a couple weeks for me. Same for members of my guild. It happened to everyone at the same time. I only play on a computer and it happens with Chrome and Firefox. I don't do mobile so can't say but somebody in my guild said there has never been road or sidewalk traffic in mobile.
There's people walking around in my city now for about two weeks and I'm on mobile

mcribar

Yeah, this appears to be a game wide thing. I didn't see anything in recent update notes. My feeling is that they are gone forever. Too bad. I feel they made our cities come alive.

jaelis

Yeah, this appears to be a game wide thing. I didn't see anything in recent update notes. My feeling is that they are gone forever. Too bad. I feel they made our cities come alive.
I still have people, so it must not be a universal change.

rostertag

Darkstar (senior mod in beta, and recently promoted) said this on the very same subject:

On browser, this is likely due to performance. While they can appear when you have city animations turned on, they will not appear if the performance is lower (in other words the game itself turns them off automatically).

1pep

The game owners or moderators seem to be, and it is noticed by any thinking person. They are kicking the can down the road. Making excuses for a problem they have no idea how to fix. They could dump the flying birds, and deer, that are hardly noticeable, and bring some LIFE to A City by bring traffic to the CITY ......... these are cities after all.

Can I just say for clarity that these cities without traffic SUCK .......Ok by me if they want to keep it that way, this game is very close to have run its course for me.. And no traffic will be the exact reason for that.

Good luck keep living in the dream world .

Greg

mcribar

1pep wrote "Can I just say for clarity that these cities without traffic SUCK .......Ok by me if they want to keep it that way, this game is very close to have run its course for me.. And no traffic will be the exact reason for that."

I agree completely. The game really seems "dead" now that there is no active population in your cities. It's literally an empty shell. If in fact INNO is doing this deliberately to try and fend off potential performance issues than it's really sad that we have to choose between NOT growing your city or having a ghost town.

mcribar

I also submitted a proposal for the ability to hide the over-sized bouncing notification icons that appear over every structure in your city. I would assume if you were able to turn those off that would help with this assumed issue.

I would much rather have traffic in the streets and pedestrians on the sidewalks than huge bouncing icons obscuring your view, wildlife outside of the city and random drones floating around wherever. All of these things should have user options to turn them on or off. Let the user decide what they want to see and how they want to spend their performance capitol.