1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Nobody expects a Spanish Inquisition!

Discussion in 'Tavern' started by SanXiaN, Nov 20, 2018.

1. SanXiaN

SanXiaN New Member

My latest favorite thing is to attack people in the morning and then pillage them at night. I like to think they get the notification during the day and think the dodger a bullet....patting themselves on the back for collecting on time...then when they least expect it....Pillaged! I am new so I bet this has been done before but still, cracks me up.

2. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

ohhhhhhhhh. i love to do stuff like this..if there is nothing good to collect, i wait until there is something good to collect:)

SanXiaN likes this.
  3. m9silent12

m9silent12 Well-Known Member

How dare you take other people's stuff! They obviously worked incredibly hard to click those few buttons that then had the game create the items over an extended period of time, which they then failed to collect on time!

How rude! How horrible! I can't believe you're taking advantage of a feature of the game that the devs designed and approve of! You dirty plunderers!

Ha. Anyways, enjoyable sarcasm aside, nice strategy. I bet most of the lemmings in this game have no idea that players get 24 hrs to plunder after they successfully attack.

Happy plundering! Don't forget to post your enjoyable plunder stories in our awesome plunder progress thread! Hahahaha

Graviton and DreadfulCadillac like this.
  4. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people don't even know they're being plundered. They are running multiple cities, and they just come in, sweep to collect everything without looking closely, start new production, and then it's on to the next city. Then they go to actually do something with their stuff and wonder, "Why am I so short of honey?"

5. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

This basically on anything that is not my main city(s). I still notice that there's a plundered building, but it's not a big deal for my side worlds and I barely take note of it. It's more of a "oh, that happened"

6. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

If you're enjoying plundering, check out our epic plundering thread. Lots to learn and laugh at there:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/plunder-progress.17692/

You forgot bully.

7. SanXiaN

SanXiaN New Member

You should get extra points or prestige for plundering 30 goods. I mean two days?!

I started reading the forums like the first week in the game so I always knew it was part of the game and I learned to slow down and camp in an age until I am in the top 10 of my hood. I have no guilt. Well, I feel a little guilty at the joy I feel for the distress I caused someone (does that make me a bad person?) but hey, it's part of the game and makes me giggle.

KungQu and Stephen Longshanks like this.
  8. m9silent12

m9silent12 Well-Known Member

Imagine if you had the Atlantis Museum GB as well. Double those 30 goods. That's been nice.

Also, don't worry. If they're distressed about you plundering them, you'll know. Because they'll send you some absolutely ridiculous cluster of messages including, but not limited to: begging you to stop, insulting you, making up some disease they have, telling you they reported you for bullying/stealing, and much more!

All that for the low low price of whatever you can take from their city!

Stephen Longshanks and SanXiaN like this.
  9. SanXiaN

SanXiaN New Member

Oh please, please let them beg me on behalf of their gout to lay off them.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  10. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Hey! I'll have you know that this game is the only relief I get from the gout. Only collecting my goods allays the pain. When I find they've been plundered, the gout worsens. I wouldn't be surprised if it develops into scurvy, or even consumption. I may even have to quit the game at that point, and would have no pleasurable outlet left in my sad little life. Just sitting here waiting for the gangrene to take me. Then you'll be sorry you took my stuff, you scoundrel!

11. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

Sad to say, 30 goods gets the same +1 to Outlaw as holding your nose and plundering a Hunter.

Love the guys who set up multiple 2 day productions, and then don't come back for awhile.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.