• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Noob questions not found in guides

DeletedUser27096

Hello all!

I am really enjoying FoE so far but am sort of stuck. Please forgive me in advance for my cluelessness but I read the beginner guides and not only do the screenshots look nothing like the UI on my iPad, they also don't cover my very basic questions. A bit of info about my level, task completions, etc: I am in the Bronze Age. I have conquered 3 regions; Dunarsund, Tyr and Fel Dranghyr. Dunarsund reward is rock and supposedly boosts production of stone. Tyr produces/boosts nothing (as far as I can tell), but I believe it did gain me the ability to join PvP tourneys. Fel Dranghyr gave me an expansion. I have 1 blueprint each for two GBs but they are not the GBs that the user guides said should be for the Bronze Age. Instead, they are Lighthouse of Alexandria and Statue of Zeus. I have researched almost half of Bronze Age (slingshots, chalets, tools and half of cultivation). Those are my current stats which relate to my following questions:
  1. How do I actually produce the stuff from where I have conquered? I think I should be able to produce stone but how and where? I also have nothing in my inventory so where is my rock that I should have received when I conquered Dunarsund?
  2. What the heck is a PvP and where do I find it? I read something that mentioned some tower that other players have? I don't have one that I know of and I have clicked all around on other players' cities and can't find anything there, either. What am I missing?
  3. Why are the GBs not the one(s) associated with the Bronze Age, which according to the guides should be some pyramid-like tower (I forget the name)?
  4. How/where do I find more GB blueprints?
  5. How do I find people to attack and plunder, other than people in my neighborhood or people who have attacked me (since the fine people o_O that have attacked me are always in a way more advanced era than I with much more advanced military...which, btw, isn't really fair, imho. You should only be able to "pick on someone your own size" (in other words, users in same era))?
Thanks for your assistance and willingness to help this noob ;)!

DeletedUser14197

1. You have to go to the store, the first icon in the row on the bottom left of the screen. Click on the third tab down which is goods. Find your building to make the goods you have the boost for. It won't be there if you haven't opened it in your tech tree, so if it is missing check and see if you have opened it up on tech.
3. There are 2 great buildings for bronze age: babel and zeus. If you aid, you should get a blueprint occasionally. When you have collected all 9 of them, you can build it. You will get duplicates. When you have 2 duplicates, you can choose to trade them to hopefully get the one you are missing. Most of the time, I don't get the one I need, but I have gotten the one I need. I actually just wait most of the time in my main city till I get the one I need. I actually do not understand quite what your question is.
4. So you get blueprints occasionally from aiding. You also may get them in events and GE. If you get far enough on the treasure hunt, there is a chance of getting a blueprint on one of those. Also, you can get them by donating fps to someone elses great building. You have to take the spot in order to win the rewards. It only matters who has that spot when the great building levels.
5. You attack people in your hood. If you have never attacked anyone pick someone who is your age or lower. It is doubtful you can win against someone ages ahead of you. Inno does not care if the hoods are fair as they have had complaints for literally years and not changed it. The best thing you can do it collect on time, so they can't plunder anything. Someone has some hints to deal with it. My philosophy is to quit producing if I can't collect on time. Actually the only thing that normally matters really is if they plunder goods, so once you have your goods buildings, set them for a time when you can get back to collect

DeletedUser14197

2. To participate in pvp you have to conquer the province with the bronze age tower. You can see this tower by going to your map and clicking on it. Or it should show if you click on the icon with your name in the upper left corner of your game page. Click on "news" tab than "event history".
The towers should appear above your list of events (aids, etc.)

DeletedUser26829

I'M GLAD someone is asking the Beginner questions.. I stumbled on solutions hapazardly... A whole new World!!!
Like you, I found the Search is not geared to return useful answers to naive questions from those of use who haven't FoE terminology yet..
Can I ask a favour of you ?? Put each question on a topic on a different thread, please..
Because I'm finding the answers really useful - but if you pre-select the topic and have one theme at at time, I'll find it easier to search back!!
:)

DeletedUser26829

1) PRODUCING TRADE GOODS..
There are three factors you need to have in place...
a) Research and release the technology on the Research Tree. (that means feeding it Forge Points, then paying the release "fee", which is usually supplies and coins.
b) Build the manufacturing building in your City.. You'll find it in the Build menu. That will require space in your City with road access, plus more coins and supplies. In later ages, there will be a minimum population requirement too and sometimes other "expenses"..
c) Conquer the colony on the Continent Map that has the raw materials for your product you want to manufacture. I haven't found any choice in this.. If you "own" the sector that has the raw material, then you get full capacity from your building. In Bronze Age, that is 5 units per 4 hours. Without the underlying raw material, the building will provide at lower output: 2 units per 4 hours at Bronze for example..

DeletedUser26829

1. You have to go to the store, the first icon in the row on the bottom left of the screen. Click on the third tab down which is goods. Find your building to make the goods you have the boost for. It won't be there if you haven't opened it in your tech tree, so if it is missing check and see if you have opened it up on tech.
3. There are 2 great buildings for bronze age: babel and zeus. If you aid, you should get a blueprint occasionally. When you have collected all 9 of them, you can build it. You will get duplicates. When you have 2 duplicates, you can choose to trade them to hopefully get the one you are missing. Most of the time, I don't get the one I need, but I have gotten the one I need. I actually just wait most of the time in my main city till I get the one I need. I actually do not understand quite what your question is.
4. So you get blueprints occasionally from aiding. You also may get them in events and GE. If you get far enough on the treasure hunt, there is a chance of getting a blueprint on one of those. Also, you can get them by donating fps to someone elses great building. You have to take the spot in order to win the rewards. It only matters who has that spot when the great building levels.
5. You attack people in your hood. If you have never attacked anyone pick someone who is your age or lower. It is doubtful you can win against someone ages ahead of you. Inno does not care if the hoods are fair as they have had complaints for literally years and not changed it. The best thing you can do it collect on time, so they can't plunder anything. Someone has some hints to deal with it. My philosophy is to quit producing if I can't collect on time. Actually the only thing that normally matters really is if they plunder goods, so once you have your goods buildings, set them for a time when you can get back to collect
PvP : I think this means Person vs Person..
It isn't a separate feature. It runs in different "tournament" time slots..
Your PvP ranking is made up from the battles you fight to expand or if you attack neighbours.
The Level of PvP that you are playing depends on what Age you are in. That is defined mostly by which Tower you have colonised when you expand on the Continent Map..
The top PvP winners in each tournament time span are awarded medals..

DeletedUser26829

BLUEPRINTS...

These do seem to come Truly at random when you Mid\Polish.. From every age and no age, no matter which Age you are at yourself.
I reached the Middle Ages before I had a full schema for any GB.. But there is a thread in the Guides Forum about how to be more efficient at Bronze Age and maximise getting GB instead of playing all aspects of FoE.

I'd say, let the blueprints build up in your Inventory.. Because to construct them you will need trading goods. The trading goods required to start construction are usually from the "Age" of the Great Building or earlier ages.

DeletedUser26829

ATTACKING AND PLUNDERING..

To instigate an attack on a neighbour, instead of always waiting to Revenge -- instead of Aid, click on the crossed swords at the side of the neighbour's avatar picture. OR, visit by clicking on the Avatar and choose to attack instead of polish or motivate..

Make sure to go into your Army Management afterward and keep your defence army up to capacity...

DeletedUser31522

2. To participate in pvp you have to conquer the province with the bronze age tower. You can see this tower by going to your map and clicking on it. Or it should show if you click on the icon with your name in the upper left corner of your game page. Click on "news" tab than "event history".
The towers should appear above your list of events (aids, etc.)

If I place high enough in a Tower event, when should I expect to see my reward and will it notify me via my "news" tab? I was 1st until the last hour this week but was away to see the final results. Is there a place where I can view past Tower events?

DeletedUser

If I place high enough in a Tower event, when should I expect to see my reward and will it notify me via my "news" tab? I was 1st until the last hour this week but was away to see the final results. Is there a place where I can view past Tower events?
You can view the entire result by going to the tower itself on the map, from the time it closes Sunday evening until it starts again early Monday morning. Once the tower is open again for the next week all you'll be able to see from the previous week is the winner's name. You will only be notified of the results from one tower (it is possible to place in towers from multiple ages), by a drop down notification, similar to the Achievement Award notification drop down.