• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Note in Events Log of Alcatraz Collect

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaccy

I fully understand that folk would like to see exactly what Traz produces.

But since the information can;t be used for anything except fulfilling idle curiosity and because if a player wants they can find that information for themselves in a minute or so, it doesn't make any sense for INNO to put any effort into doing so.

Sure, you can argue Traz is unique, (I disagree, I see it as being in much the same class as CF, ToR, Himeji) but does that matter? Consistency for the sake of consistency a not a good reason for change.

How do you present the information coherently if a player runs more then one or two types of barracks? I have had an RH, a cuople different Era Champs Retreats, (No, I don't farm Champs) (How would annotate different Era Champs?) and 3 different mundane barracks running. It'd be mighty hard to fit that in one line of Event History and reading it in a bubble would be a bit difficult.

What about if a plyer is running even more barracks types?
I gave my personal thoughts to most of the questions you asked here in the post right above yours. To sum up: I don't think it's worth the work that would probably be needed to change it.

I also stressed that I think the matter of discussion here is purely the COLLECTION effect of the GB. I don't really liken it to GBs such as the ones you mentioned as those are PASSIVE effects, not active ones. You collect supplies from Himeji, coins from the Chateau, and nothing from ToR but the former two do tell you explicitly how much of those resources you receive when you collect from them. It could be argued that it's very easy to simply display a resource icon along with a number for basic resources, and that's very true. The question is whether the collection from Alcatraz can be changed in some way to be more informative than it currently is, and how it could be done.

I guess on the flipside of the argument you seem to be making, it doesn't really serve much purpose for any GB to display what is received when it's collected. All that matters is to ensure that it's collected, right? However, these GBs were programmed to explicitly display what is received, even when the production is random (which is the case for any goods-producing GB), so it's not too unreasonable on paper to desire the same thing for Alcatraz, is it?

Algona

The information is still useless, Nothing about that has changed since the last time I posted.

The information can't be displayed the same way other GBs display collections. No change there, either.

The information can't be posted using the current Event History format. Hmmm, no, that hasn't changed in the last few hours.

INNO would still have to spend money to develope and implement a new way to display information that is still useless. That's still the same.

qaccy since no one at any point in years of discussing this has given a reason to need this information why are you asking this question?

so it's not too unreasonable on paper to desire the same thing for Alcatraz, is it?
How can you characterize a desire for something that will cost someone wealth and time without a substantive reason as anything but unreasonable?

Algona

Yes I have that Emmissary in place in two cities. I have not even thought of looking, I Diamond collect. I'll take a peek. Ya got me curious.

Emberguard

If the Alcatraz did change the way it displayed then emissaries and Japan time reward building would also need changing.

DeletedUser33179

Displaying unit types/amount reasonably should be easy. The game already does this well via the various small icons/numbers that float above buildings when you collect them, depicting exactly what you're getting ( on mobile, at least). Coins, supplies, medals, fps, each current goods type (always displays each separately)... all these show & float away within 1-2 seconds from buildings (several of which produce all those things). Other GBs already give floating details when collected (on mobile, at least). Thus, depicting units/numbers of a Traz collection by that method is no big deal.

Adding to the game more building collection info also has precedent. Within the past year or so, Inno expanded every building's display box (when you click on it to check) to include what additional things it'll give once motivated. Prior to that time, if the building wasn't yet motivated then that info wasn't presented. (Note- all this doesn't apply to GBs).

Ways having Traz info displayed would be helpful (please remember, knowledge is power):

1- Catching your stupid mistakes considerably quicker than you would otherwise

You get a quest to 'Collect X number of troops", in which the troop Age requirement isn't specified as "current" / "previous". You do it the fastest way possible (assuming your non-rogue-producing Traz isn't ready yet for collection) - build a couple spearfighter barracks & complete the quest within 1-2 minutes. Unfortunately, in your haste, you forget to delete the barracks. I should think most all of us at some time in our FoE lives forgot to immediately delete some quest-needed building/deco/etc. In this case, the consequence is that useless BA spearfighters would be part of your next Traz collection - and the next day/etc, til you notice the barracks. But, with the unit collection display, you would have a means to potentially catch your mistake fairly quickly.

2- Greatly improve the ability of a player to more quickly learn for themselves an important aspect of Traz -- with multiple military buildings in a city, Traz unit type output is relatively proportional to number of those buildings

This is not general knowledge amongst the entire player base, particularly for those early on in their Traz development (that someone would believe otherwise is likely because is rather experienced & what was learned long ago becomes viewed personally as common/basic). Can folks figure it out by keeping a running log of each unit type each day for a couple weeks? Sure. But why the heck should folks have to do that daily more time consuming note taking when a simple floating display upon collection could impart that concept rapidly.

3- Greatly improve the ability of a player to more quickly learn for themselves an important aspect of Traz -- a military building doesn't have to be connected to townhall via a road for its units to be provided by Traz

Other than decorations, all other buildings of every type must be connected to townhall in order for them to work. So, it's logical that vast majority of players would assume the same applies for military buildings in relation to Traz. Even experienced players often don't know (I see evidence of that from here on the forums).

With a floating collection display, if you had 2 different military buildings but only one on a road you could easily see the non-connected units still got produced by Traz. Without that display, there's scant reason you would've been checking your troop listing (it wasn't connected so why should it be working, you'd think). You'd likely not notice until later on when finally saw desired troops of connected building were depleting - at which point the damage (so to speak) likely was going on for a while. Many less experienced players will purposefully disconnect a troop buiding mistakenly thinking it'll focus Traz on only producing from a connected different troop type.

It's also helpful for city design, which experienced players should be paying attention to optimizing every way they can.

4- Greatly improve the ability of a player to more quickly learn for themselves an important aspect of Traz -- construction of a military building doesn't have to be complete for Traz to produce that type of unit (I think an incomplete building needs to be road connected for this to work, though)

You notice the floating display giving you units from incomplete buildings, so now you realize --
** don't have to time your play for switching desired unit type around building completion... just do it
** wanting 1 last full collection of unit A while trying to be efficient with your gaming availability by beginning building unit B, which will take many hours to complete... well... that isn't going to work like you thought it would
** if quest requires 'collect X units from current/previous Age' & you only have a rogue hideout for Traz use, one option (yes, there are of course others) would be to put down 2-3 of such a military building as don't need to be finished -- next Traz collection should include some of them, more units than rogues with greater # buildings (as only have 1 RH)

----

One final thought...
Please don't view Traz only in terms massive numbers of units/output. That's a power-leveled Traz owner point of view. A vast majority of players aren't in your situation. For them all numbers matter, even what's in the daily collection. Such info is exactly how we all learn, figure out our mistakes, & grow. That you no longer require that level of Traz detail is swell. But please have some perspective of the player base as a whole, instead of just your little corner of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen Longshanks

(I think an incomplete building needs to be road connected for this to work, though)
No, it does not need to be road connected for the Traz to work with it.

Please don't view Traz only in terms massive numbers of units/output. That's a power-leveled Traz owner point of view. A vast majority of players aren't in your situation. For them all numbers matter, even what's in the daily collection. Such info is exactly how we all learn, figure out our mistakes, & grow. That you no longer require that level of Traz detail is swell. But please have some perspective of the player base as a whole, instead of just your little corner of it.
I don't have a massively leveled Traz in any of my cities, so even though I understand the issues it would cause with any floating display, I don't necessarily count that as one of my major objections. However, the logistics of making a floating display for the Traz unit output will necessarily have to deal with those high level ones. How do you even design a floating display that will work with a Traz that could be outputting a dozen or more different unit types from various ages? Because if this were ever implemented, it would have to work with them. They wouldn't be likely to design it to only work on lower level ones.

The thing that, to me, negates your entire theory of it helping players learn these things about the Traz is that the players that don't learn these things another way are highly unlikely to notice and then extrapolate from the information that will only be displayed for mere seconds. And moving while it is displayed. I believe it is a stretch to imagine that more than a literal handful of players would learn from this display. And the ones that would are probably the ones that will be able to learn all these things the way players always have. Personal experience, a knowledgeable mentor/guild, or even reading the Forum. I don't think there is anything that will convince me that this is truly worth adding to the game.

BruteForceAttack

Displaying unit types/amount reasonably should be easy. The game already does this well via the various small icons/numbers that float above buildings when you collect them, depicting exactly what you're getting ( on mobile, at least). Coins, supplies, medals, fps, each current goods type (always displays each separately)... all these show & float away within 1-2 seconds from buildings (several of which produce all those things). Other GBs already give floating details when collected (on mobile, at least). Thus, depicting units/numbers of a Traz collection by that method is no big deal.

Adding to the game more building collection info also has precedent. Within the past year or so, Inno expanded every building's display box (when you click on it to check) to include what additional things it'll give once motivated. Prior to that time, if the building wasn't yet motivated then that info wasn't presented. (Note- all this doesn't apply to GBs).

Ways having Traz info displayed would be helpful (please remember, knowledge is power):

1- Catching your stupid mistakes considerably quicker than you would otherwise

You get a quest to 'Collect X number of troops", in which the troop Age requirement isn't specified as "current" / "previous". You do it the fastest way possible (assuming your non-rogue-producing Traz isn't ready yet for collection) - build a couple spearfighter barracks & complete the quest within 1-2 minutes. Unfortunately, in your haste, you forget to delete the barracks. I should think most all of us at some time in our FoE lives forgot to immediately delete some quest-needed building/deco/etc. In this case, the consequence is that useless BA spearfighters would be part of your next Traz collection - and the next day/etc, til you notice the barracks. But, with the unit collection display, you would have a means to potentially catch your mistake fairly quickly.

2- Greatly improve the ability of a player to more quickly learn for themselves an important aspect of Traz -- with multiple military buildings in a city, Traz unit type output is relatively proportional to number of those buildings

This is not general knowledge amongst the entire player base, particularly for those early on in their Traz development (that someone would believe otherwise is likely because is rather experienced & what was learned long ago becomes viewed personally as common/basic). Can folks figure it out by keeping a running log of each unit type each day for a couple weeks? Sure. But why the heck should folks have to do that daily more time consuming note taking when a simple floating display upon collection could impart that concept rapidly.

3- Greatly improve the ability of a player to more quickly learn for themselves an important aspect of Traz -- a military building doesn't have to be connected to townhall via a road for its units to be provided by Traz

Other than decorations, all other buildings of every type must be connected to townhall in order for them to work. So, it's logical that vast majority of players would assume the same applies for military buildings in relation to Traz. Even experienced players often don't know (I see evidence of that from here on the forums).

With a floating collection display, if you had 2 different military buildings but only one on a road you could easily see the non-connected units still got produced by Traz. Without that display, there's scant reason you would've been checking your troop listing (it wasn't connected so why should it be working, you'd think). You'd likely not notice until later on when finally saw desired troops of connected building were depleting - at which point the damage (so to speak) likely was going on for a while. Many less experienced players will purposefully disconnect a troop buiding mistakenly thinking it'll focus Traz on only producing from a connected different troop type.

It's also helpful for city design, which experienced players should be paying attention to optimizing every way they can.

4- Greatly improve the ability of a player to more quickly learn for themselves an important aspect of Traz -- construction of a military building doesn't have to be complete for Traz to produce that type of unit (I think an incomplete building needs to be road connected for this to work, though)

You notice the floating display giving you units from incomplete buildings, so now you realize --
** don't have to time your play for switching desired unit type around building completion... just do it
** wanting 1 last full collection of unit A while trying to be efficient with your gaming availability by beginning building unit B, which will take many hours to complete... well... that isn't going to work like you thought it would
** if quest requires 'collect X units from current/previous Age' & you only have a rogue hideout for Traz use, one option (yes, there are of course others) would be to put down 2-3 of such a military building as don't need to be finished -- next Traz collection should include some of them, more units than rogues with greater # buildings (as only have 1 RH)

----

One final thought...

EASY??

My 101 level traz and 12 types barracks (Most times I have more) will beg to differ the usefulness of a long scrolling thingi.

I will give you an e.g. For years and years and years everyone including me asked for treasury donation log...well inno gave a very basic log that is crap.. I see the same thing here....

Algona

WARNING! Stupidly long rantfest Don't bother reading: SL covers 90% in 10% of the words and is much nicer about it, although the footnote may elicit a chuckle. Blame Mrs. 'Gona, she's visit'ng her mom. Lucky her.

What exactly is going to be displayed, Icons or names? You're gonna have three seconds to recognize Icons or read. If you have one barracks type, no problem, but you already know just how many of that troop got produced. Can you read the number and name or the number and recognize the icon of 2 types in 3 seconds? 3 typrd? 6+ types?

You'll need 100 or so (and evergrowing) Icons. How are you gonna make the Icons different enough to recognize them in three seconds?

Bad memory for Icons? Deal with it! Was that 2 Rogues and 4 Legionnaires or vice versa? Lousy vision, sneezed, cat jumped in your lap? Better luck next time. Couldn't write down the numbers fast enough? Couldn't remember exactly which order the numbers were in?

Just gonna tell people who don't do just small numbers of troops and few types of troops that they need to learn to read fast or capture a screen shots? No, it's easier to dismiss their viewpoint:

Please don't view Traz only in terms massive numbers of units/output.
'Cause if you do have a high lvl Traz, yer SOL.

All this for useless information?

----------

Wa!t! you've got ideas on how the info can be used in game +1 for originality - 2 for not thinking any of it through.

I should think most all of us at some time in our FoE lives forgot to immediately delete some quest-needed building/deco/etc. In this case, the consequence is that useless BA spearfighters would be part of your next Traz collection - and the next day/etc, til you notice the barracks. But, with the unit collection display, you would have a means to potentially catch your mistake fairly quickly.
If you forget to tear down the spearfighter. (I'm sure some folk have poor memories or are rushed and can forget such things. Like if it was 2 Rogues and 4 Legionnaires or vise versa?) And if you do not notice the Barracks in your city in that location you make buildings for Events and not notice spearfighters in your Army management, and if you look at the Traz collection bubble when you collect, and if you recognize the icon as it bubbles up along with the others or notice that there is an unusual number of types of troops bubbling ..

Then you'll figure it out. Right. I can't deny that you've come up with a reason in game. Well done.

Please, don't ask INNO to change the game to make up for the problems caused by your choices in game.

No.

This presupposes the preposterous notion that a player is SMART enough to learn the game to the point where they acquire a Traz, lvl it to the point where it produces enough troops to have any chance to notice that there are differences in the number of troops collected (assuming they have different numbers of barracks) then decide to take the weeks / months to collect a meaningful sample* of data and know how to analyze the data and draw the roght conclusion. All without anyone having already told them or having read for themselves how a Traz produces troops.

A side note. I quit tracking after Traz Goofs sale 100, but I always tell the buyer how a Traz works.

That's not the problem.

The problem that it also presupposes that the player who was smart enough to do all the above is too STUPID to have learned in months of play how to find out something they don't understand without taking weeks to experiment on their own. Or too STUBBORN to ask a Guildie, Friend, in the Guild thread. Global Chat, on the forum, the fan wikia, Google?

Instead this stupidly brilliant stubborn person is gonna experiment for weeks.

While the details of the coincidences and stupidity vary the above generally goes for all three of your points about 'discovering' neat things about Traz.

Such info is exactly how we all learn, figure out our mistakes, & grow. That you no longer require that level of Traz detail is swell. But please have some perspective of the player base as a whole, instead of just your little corner of it.
I'll say it again, until recently my experimental city had a single digit Traz. @DevaCat talks about their experience.

Just as I don't tolerate snobs sneering at players who don;t understand GvG or what high lvl Arc is about or the most advanced Eras of the game or anything like that I see no reason to put up with the reverse snobbishness of telling me or others that we don't have perspective just because we have a high lvl GB.

You do realize that everyone who has a high lvl Traz now went through habing a low lvl Traz?

I'd appreciate it if you quit implying that everyine who has done so has forgotten what it is like.

----------

And just to wrap this rantfest up, one last question for you, Clara.

Assuming you actually checked the bubble every day and that somehow it was comprehensible, how could/would you use this information to advance your city state?

*BTW, you do understand if this is implemented what will occur? More mathematically challenged players bitching about how INNO rips off their customers or is incompetent because their lvl 2 Traz "gave me 0 rouges** 3 days i shoud get 2 rouges**.'

**Intentional typo.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33179

I don't have a massively leveled Traz in any of my cities, so even though I understand the issues it would cause with any floating display, I don't necessarily count that as one of my major objections. However, the logistics of making a floating display for the Traz unit output will necessarily have to deal with those high level ones. How do you even design a floating display that will work with a Traz that could be outputting a dozen or more different unit types from various ages? Because if this were ever implemented, it would have to work with them. They wouldn't be likely to design it to only work on lower level ones. ...

EASY?
My 101 level traz and 12 types barracks (Most times I have more) will beg to differ the usefulness of a long scrolling thingi.

I will give you an e.g. For years and years and years everyone including me asked for treasury donation log...well inno gave a very basic log that is crap.. I see the same thing here....

... What exactly is going to be displayed, Icons or names? You're gonna have three seconds to recognize Icons or read. If you have one barracks type, no problem, but you already know just how many of that troop got produced. Can you read the number and name or the number and recognize the icon of 2 types in 3 seconds? 3 typrd? 6+ types?

Your points regarding how a display would work effectively, particularly for high troop output across legions of different unit types are well taken. 12+ different unit types.... yikes... so that's the world of competitive GvG'ing (ok, don't know that for fact, but I think it'd be done for fighting across multiple Age GvG maps, right?). Anyhow, I certainly see where my display suggestions & others in this thread all could fall short in one way or another.

For discussion's sake specifically regarding display presentation -- taking into account my shtick of trying to impart some helpful Traz collection feedback to improve learning curve of that GBs unique nuisances as well as overall improving troop management skills for all manner of playstyle situations... would something like this be more appropriate & comprehensive? ...

**popup floating display upon collection shows only 6 icons -- the 5 standardized unit symbols (for light, fast, heavy, range & artillery) + the generic fighter head symbol (such as seen when collect from troop emissary) to signify All Ages units grouped together. That last icon is rogues really, but I'm most definitely never advocating for separate drummer/colorguard icons as that's just crazy talk. Beside each icon is total number troops produced in that collection. This should suffice plenty, I think, for my view of learning/concepts/etc previously outlined
**Either in our general game Settings menu, create an option to Enable or Disable in-game Alcatraz Notifications (can certainly have initial default as disable, if folks wish)
**Either once per week or per month (I don't know, what would some folks find helpful??) you had option of getting Alcatraz Production Update. Think sent via message system may be best, as by default messages stay for 30-60 days (sorry, forget which), whereas Event history only lasts for 5 days. Inno makes the Event league prize messages with a unique Event trophy icon beside it. Traz Update could use Generic Fighter Head to stand out from the pack.
**That Update would cover the applicable period of time. In it would be the detalied breakdown of specific troop totals collected, sorted by Age. Would all this cover the more expansive army needs?

---

@BruteForceAttack ... I tend to be pessimistic in general that Inno even glances as submitted forum proposals, yet a teeny tiny part of me occasionally says to try. Is this Traz stuff doomed for the trashcan next to years of asking for treasury log details like you mentioned? Don't know. Probably, I guess

---

This would absolutely be different than anything any other GB provides. But, just like I don't believe in changing something to simply become the same as other things, I don't believe that keeping all things exactly the same isn't a good reason not change something. I'll leave other such musings of mine for other posts, as I'd like to try to separate Display/Info Issues from other points.

DeletedUser33179

The thing that, to me, negates your entire theory of it helping players learn these things about the Traz is that the players that don't learn these things another way are highly unlikely to notice and then extrapolate from the information that will only be displayed for mere seconds. And moving while it is displayed. I believe it is a stretch to imagine that more than a literal handful of players would learn from this display. And the ones that would are probably the ones that will be able to learn all these things the way players always have. Personal experience, a knowledgeable mentor/guild, or even reading the Forum. I don't think there is anything that will convince me that this is truly worth adding to the game.
Wanted to address your 2nd point. I agree that consideration of how many folks will actually benefit from any given proposal is very important. And is certainly a valid part of anyone's justification for being Yes or No vote. I do that, too.

I do feel there's an awful lot of potential in this player base to learn more about the numerous aspects & challenges within this wonderful game. Unfortunately, an awful lot of folks seem to get stuck on an awful lot details, many of which really are basic at their core. Provided it's not dumbing-down information (this isn't HayDay, folks need some skills here) or changing any part of the gameplay itself, I'll typically be for aspects that would potentially improve learning or helping someone figure out better efficiency of play aspect.

As for how many players could potentially improve from extra Traz info this current proposal includes... I can't speak to the advanced fighters stuff, as I have no idea of how to find that out. However, the Forge DB website did provide me with some context regarding those learning about Traz/etc, (where I personally feel is opportunity for learning & finding/fixing mistakes sooner instead of later is by no means a bad thing). I won't make claim regarding any appropriate Traz level for consideration. Nor will I make claim of what percentage within those numbers would actually figure things out &/or fogure things out quicker then ways currently available. Just wish to provide something for context.

I looked at player base in US server 1, Aavahall. Please note: Forge DB only presented Traz's at level 4 & above (obviously there's plenty below that).

Total number of active players with Traz (again, only includes level 4+) = 6502.

* this refers to total cumulative number players with Traz up to & including Level referenced (for example, at level 5 means # players with Traz at level 4 & those at level 5)
** this depicts what percentage of total Traz owners those players are
*** this is the total number of Traz owners involved if, merely for discussion sake, #Players was expanded x26 for an entirely rough guesstimate of how many players on entire US server of 26 worlds

Level -- #Players* -- %Total** -- #Players x26
4. ----- 424. ----- 6.5%. ----- 11,024
5. ----- 948. ----- 14.6%. ----- 24,648
6. ----- 1566. ----- 24.1%. ----- 40,716
7. ----- 2157. ----- 33.2%. ----- 56,082
8. ----- 2683. ----- 41.3%. ----- 69,758
9. ----- 3141. ----- 48.3%. ----- 81,666
10. ----- 3946. ----- 60.2%. ----- 102,596

BruteForceAttack

Your points regarding how a display would work effectively, particularly for high troop output across legions of different unit types are well taken. 12+ different unit types.... yikes... so that's the world of competitive GvG'ing (ok, don't know that for fact, but I think it'd be done for fighting across multiple Age GvG maps, right?). Anyhow, I certainly see where my display suggestions & others in this thread all could fall short in one way or another.

For discussion's sake specifically regarding display presentation -- taking into account my shtick of trying to impart some helpful Traz collection feedback to improve learning curve of that GBs unique nuisances as well as overall improving troop management skills for all manner of playstyle situations... would something like this be more appropriate & comprehensive? ...

**popup floating display upon collection shows only 6 icons -- the 5 standardized unit symbols (for light, fast, heavy, range & artillery) + the generic fighter head symbol (such as seen when collect from troop emissary) to signify All Ages units grouped together. That last icon is rogues really, but I'm most definitely never advocating for separate drummer/colorguard icons as that's just crazy talk. Beside each icon is total number troops produced in that collection. This should suffice plenty, I think, for my view of learning/concepts/etc previously outlined
**Either in our general game Settings menu, create an option to Enable or Disable in-game Alcatraz Notifications (can certainly have initial default as disable, if folks wish)
**Either once per week or per month (I don't know, what would some folks find helpful??) you had option of getting Alcatraz Production Update. Think sent via message system may be best, as by default messages stay for 30-60 days (sorry, forget which), whereas Event history only lasts for 5 days. Inno makes the Event league prize messages with a unique Event trophy icon beside it. Traz Update could use Generic Fighter Head to stand out from the pack.
**That Update would cover the applicable period of time. In it would be the detalied breakdown of specific troop totals collected, sorted by Age. Would all this cover the more expansive army needs?

---

@BruteForceAttack ... I tend to be pessimistic in general that Inno even glances as submitted forum proposals, yet a teeny tiny part of me occasionally says to try. Is this Traz stuff doomed for the trashcan next to years of asking for treasury log details like you mentioned? Don't know. Probably, I guess

---

This would absolutely be different than anything any other GB provides. But, just like I don't believe in changing something to simply become the same as other things, I don't believe that keeping all things exactly the same isn't a good reason not change something. I'll leave other such musings of mine for other posts, as I'd like to try to separate Display/Info Issues from other points.

Here is a another example, Himeji Castle is relatively new GB compared to traz, guess what when you win spoils of war for goods...inno doesnt even tell you which goods you won....there is only five and they cant even show that...

Back to topic...if we get oh i collected 10 range units, what if I have 2 different range barracks?

i guess inno can go goldberg and when you collect the traz, a traz collection thingi can go to the inventory and then you can see in the inventory what you collected....j/k

DeletedUser33179

Here is a another example, Himeji Castle is relatively new GB compared to traz, guess what when you win spoils of war for goods...inno doesnt even tell you which goods you won....there is only five and they cant even show that...

Back to topic...if we get oh i collected 10 range units, what if I have 2 different range barracks?

i guess inno can go goldberg and when you collect the traz, a traz collection thingi can go to the inventory and then you can see in the inventory what you collected....j/k

On topic... Are those 2 ranged barracks of different Ages? If so, my thought was (& it may be good or bad suggestion, I'm just trying to come up with ideas) the floating popup would only show range unit icon & total of all range units produced in collection without separating them by Age. It's main helpfulness would mostly be something folks could notice about inadvertent mistake they made &/or picking up on Traz's unique nuisances (barracks don't need roads or even be completed to work with traz). As you & others pointed out, separating everything with floaties just doesn't work for intermediate & advanced several-Ages fighters (& possibly for more folks when Guild Battlegrounds shows up, prompting many more players to maybe pay more attention to learning about troop optimization options, etc). It's too much info in way too short a time span. The specific breakdown of #ranged from barracks1 of whatever Age & from barracks2 of different Age would be provided in some sort of Alcatraz Update message (frequency of it is whatever folks think is useful). I just don't know how to present such info in another concise way.

Traveling off topic with you... I just don't get it... Good golly, there's just basic visual info/etc (let alone some more detailed stuff) that Inno simply neglects to put in with every new game content & refuses to add to improve current content.

We go back & forth here about various proposals, as does other forums/beta. And what do we get over the past few months from our repeated suggestions & feedback along such lines as this? Well, we got a double-confirmation process for deleting a GB... cuz we needed an "are you really really sure you want to delete this" extra step??? I'm all for trying to provide ways in-game to stimulate learning/city grow, but that's well below my line of helpful without hand-holding a player thru the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.