Nothing but trolls around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinnerGR

Maybe you should try the search function .
I proposed it and it was locked because it was a violation of the DNSL.
I am +1 though.

WinnerGR

I think the idea of a DNSL is stupid and short sighted.
*(Uhm)*

Welcome to @WinnerGR 's 'why we have a DNSL talk'
Tonight we will explain why there is a DNSL.
Oh dear this is going to be a short speech as it says why in the DNSL:
These are things that InnoGames are not looking for currently.
And there is not point players asking for thing that Inno do not want to have in the game

*(leaves )*

UBERhelp1

The reason this isn't implemented is that guild inventories for the most part draw current aged goods. And what goods aren't, members can donate. It is unneeded in the game.

rajavno1

+1. Guilds stuck with 10000 high age goods with 0 low age ones and members having to donate them by trading in the market to unlock GE - doesnt help the gameplay in anyway.

Even a guild-to-guild trading market place would be sufficient to prevent this.

Sheherazade

What is stopping you trading for lower age goods?. Or Higher Era Goods? People already do that in the game. Also High level players can (And do) accept lower age goods when selling GB kits. The only use they have for those low age goods is to put them in their guild inventory.

r17d

-1 For few reasons:

a. If you have most or all of your players in higher eras, why do you need lower age goods? If you do have lower era players, don't they have arcs, obs, SoH etc? If they don't, then it needs to be addressed the way higher era players filled your guild with goods.

b. I don't see how any of it is related to young guilds can't have higher age goods, or old guilds can't have lower age goods. I started a guild in Y world, and recruited players I wanted to from higher, lower or any era for that matter to maintain the balance. Everything works fine in that guild, inventory included. Although I left them after way too much of time commitment needs, but they are #6 guild in Y world, and hasn't been in existence for more than 10 months. Doing pretty good, I think.

c. Potential to abuse, what is preventing guild founders from doing the same thing on guild goods as players do to sell higher era goods for GB needs? Say my guild is racked up on PE goods, and you just had two players age up and you want me to trade. I can do you 1:2 in your favor and ask for FPs.

Tbh though, there is a very simple solution to it. Recruit smartly and/or grow players in eras and ensure you maintain that balance.

Algona

I vote no.

Your Guild, your problem. It;s not a problem with the game or for INNO.

I think the idea of a DNSL is stupid and short sighted.
How important can the wishes of the owners of the game be?

The Dnsl is the devs saying,"We don't want to hear this idea."

Why should that matter to you?

+1. Guilds stuck with 10000 high age goods with 0 low age ones and members having to donate them by trading in the market to unlock GE - doesnt help the gameplay in anyway.

Even a guild-to-guild trading market place would be sufficient to prevent this.
Fix your Guild. You've identified the problem, there are at least three solutions your Guild can implement.

Keep dong what you are doing.

Boot players who can't pay their own way.

Equip players to pay their own way.

I chose the latter when GE first came out. I had to convince the Guild (being co-Founder helps with such) that GE was going to be important and that we needed to be able to pay for it and since I'll be damned if I am going waste time to track manual payments Obs was the ob(s)vious answer.

Over the next few months I made sure that every player had plenty of opportunities to get Obs BPs and lots of help leveling thier Obs. Sure it cost me thousands of FPs, but for years now we've been self sustaining.

An Observation here: If your Guild Leadership is any good they must understand that assuring players have knowledge (in this case why all members need Obs or the equivalent), capability (to get Obs BPs), and opportunity (help leveling Obs) always results in good players excelling.

OTOH if your Guild leadership is lazy, or stupid, or selfish, they'll wind up here asking INNO to fix their problem.

Your idea of a marketplace is abusable and worse will have the inevitable result of rich Guilds selling Goods for FPs while leaving incompetent Guilds with less Resources to fix their problem.

Your Guild's problem to fix, not INNO's.

DevaCat

I see the Search button is still working. And @Agent327 beat me to the appropriate comment. OP, you are 0-2 so far today. What a roll!

rajavno1

Over the next few months I made sure that every player had plenty of opportunities to get Obs BPs and lots of help leveling thier Obs. Sure it cost me thousands of FPs, but for years now we've been self sustaining.
That's really nice of you tbh.

But seeing the response by veteran players on these threads, I am more pessimistic than you that these people would be willing to help anyone.

My (fairly top level) guild leader is super-helpful but in general there is no show from high ranked players. So it's near impossible to do what you suggested,

And if kicking newbies is the only strategy, dont you think it makes for a good feedback on game-design? Games that need to grow should be beginner friendly. Just like games who want to keep their player-base needs to reward early players.

But again, I am just +1ing OP. I understand this is on DNSL now.

Algona

But again, I am just +1ing OP. I understand this is on DNSL now.
There;s nothing wrong with voicing your support. I'm not sure that this Proposal is Dnsl, that's for a forum mod to determine.

My comment was addressed to the ridiculous and arrogant notion posted by another that the Dnsl is stupid and short sighted. The devs say they don't want to hear stuff, that means they have already considered it.

I got a lot more faith in the devs then the poster who does not realize that.

And if kicking newbies is the only strategy
It's not the only strategy.

INNO gives us ways to assure a healthy Guild Treasury. It's up to each Guild to decide if and how they will manage their Treasury.

Games that need to grow should be beginner friendly. Just like games who want to keep their player-base needs to reward early players.
This game is 8 years old, INNO has been in business 16 years with an ever increasing revenue and player base.

INNO allows players endless choices: Foremost is to decide how much time, effort, and money each player will put into the game.

Not surprisingly, the players that put effort into learning the game (reading the forums, asking for help in game or here, looking for solutions to problems) are the most successful.

----------

Unsolicited advice for you, do with it what you will. Ask your Guild Leadership what you can do to help your Guild with this problem. The answer you get will tell you a lot about your Guild Leadership.

Imcured

-1. I would comment on the Abuse portion of the proposal. Trading banked goods will only lead to more 1 player "ghost" guilds for GVG, which already takes away from the skill of GVG. Not sure how a "control" function could stop that.

Jokingly, but possible, you could see a ransom situation between guilds lol. "Give me 25k Algae or we will run through your sectors", or like a smaller guild could make payments like a mafia payment for security to a larger guild ;)

Bottom line too much abuse possible with the OP

I would vote yes to a system that you could trade your Guild Goods back to Inno. Just like the terrible 1 for 10 ratio we have for personal goods in the market lol, but its still an option. If they made that for guild goods, obviously in higher amounts, lets say 500 of yours guild goods, get you 100. Problem is even with that, you probably need a different ago/era of goods, so it would be an advanced trading ratio system Inno would have to develop. So if you had Modern goods to trade and your guild needed say Arctic Future goods, the ratio would have to be 500 Modern : 25 Arctic... just an example, but that would have to be the case. Also since its guild goods, the ratio would work the same way if you were trading down so 500 Modern : 25 EMA goods. Lets say, 5:1 for same age/area and increases 5:1 per every age/era difference. Either way, trading between guilds is not good idea.

RazorbackPirate

As a developer myself (not for Inno), I will again repeat my not arrogant and not ridiculous notion that a DNSL is stupid and short sighted. The fourth or fifth time a user submits the same feature request to us it raises some eyebrows... clearly we missed something in our design, something is not obvious, or something is overly complex. It's ok to close a ticket with "we just don't want to work on that right now for [any reason]"... but if you KEEP getting the suggestion it becomes worth working on. Closing the valve on an idea forever is stupid, and short sighted.
Developer for what? Online strategy games? If not, then your experience means nothing. If you take the time to read the DNSL, you'll see that the items on there have to do with ideas that take strategy out of the game, or affect resource balance. Stuff Inno has thought long and hard about and have decided they won't do because it will take strategy out of the strategy game, or unbalance the resources.

A far cry from asking MS, to add a new feature in Excel to make it easier to use or more powerful. Sorry, your attempt to bolster your cred without actually giving us any cred is a fail. Sorry, but it is.

BruteForceAttack

Proposal
Guild inventory has a tendency to get unbalanced as users level up. Many event buildings and GBs add "current age goods" to the guild inventory, as the user ages up, the goods follow along. This leads to a situation where old guilds have too many "high age" goods and not enough "low age" goods, and young guilds have too many "low age" goods and not enough "high age" goods.

I am proposing a mechanism be added to allow guilds to manage their inventory through trades. Perhaps the trades are only guild-to-guild to prevent abuse, but maybe it could be design to allow for trade on the open market. If open market trading was used there would need to be controls to ensure members of a guild aren't using the system to inflate their personal stockpiles, which is why I see guild-to-guild as more feasible.

Current State
Guilds can only spend from their inventory, they cannot trade it to fill gaps in their supplies.

Future State
Guilds have the ability to better manage their inventory and level out the highs and lows.

Potential Abuse
As indicated above, controls would need to be in place to prevent abuse from guild-to-member trading.

Problem with this proposal is it will impact GVG/GbG. Top guilds will be able to feed goods to their sister/ghosts/friends guilds.

Another abuse is trading goods for fps.
E.g I can transfer 5000 of each FE goods to your guild, please add 1000 fps to my gb.

Overall bad idea to fix fundamental issue with how a guild is managing their resources. Yes I agree that many guilds have lot of higher age goods, but they didn't really do anything much "Actively", most of these goods are from passive donation thru gbs.

If you are short of goods of an era... ask why? Are these goods used in GbG/GE/GVG? Then look at how many members are there in that age and their arc/obs/atom levels. Work on those or work with your guild members to spread them multiple ages. e.g. it is bad idea to have 5 hma players with low level or no arc for gbg... cauze gbg will ask you those goods if you are building any buildings.

Algona

As a developer myself
Irrelevant.. I wrote my first code in 7th grade. In 1972. Completely meaningless that you, me, and others are IT professionals.

I will again repeat my not arrogant and not ridiculous notion that a DNSL is stupid and short sighted
Of course it is arrogant and ridiculous.

Arrogant in you thinking you know how INNO should manage their process.

Ridiculous in that INNO had to consider each item on the Dnsl in order to put it on the Dnsl.

Some dev has to take the time to review submitted Proposals,

What right thinking gamer wants devs wasting time reading ideas they already rejected?

Poor thinkery.

----------

Interesting no end you choosing to argue about the Dnsl instead of the merits of your Proposal.

You remember, that post at the top of this thread?

EDIT:

Oh, wait You erased it and stormed off throwing an insult over your shoulder as you left.

Punescent throwing a tempter tantrum or a 'developer' INNO or any rationale poster should listen to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.