• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Notification Attacks

DeletedUser32452

Can your own attacks appear on record in the city hall event news, along with attacks other players have made against your city?

DeletedUser32389

Attack times can be kept track of in the "social bar" (neighborhood, friends, guild) at the bottom. A countdown starts when you attack, -24 hours till the next one. What would having it in the history help you with in your opinion?

DeletedUser32452

Attack times can be kept track of in the "social bar" (neighborhood, friends, guild) at the bottom. A countdown starts when you attack, -24 hours till the next one. What would having it in the history help you with in your opinion?

It would be nice to be able to review the attacks you make.

Freshmeboy

Sorry but that is a bad idea...Pvai is broken in this game..the attacker has far too much of an advantage anyways and having a detailed recording to review your tougher battles as you terrorize your hood would be just another tilt of the playing field...

DeletedUser32389

Sorry but that is a bad idea...Pvai is broken in this game..the attacker has far too much of an advantage anyways and having a detailed recording to review your tougher battles as you terrorize your hood would be just another tilt of the playing field...

Maybe, but the real killers around here take note of your DA on an excel sheet. Watching all the replays over again is less effective, they're not going to start using this method. You do have a point to take into consideration though.

Freshmeboy

Using event history resources and creating lag (as mine does every once in awhile when I click the replay) all for the sake of the plunderer gathering yet more of an edge is not a good idea...In fact ANYTHING on these forums that allows attackers an even greater advantage will get the hard NO vote from me....

DeletedUser32389

Okay, think of this. Your event history goes back a few days, but your attack event "recordings" only last 24 hours. The moment you can attack the player again the recording disappears from your event history. This keeps lazy people from using it as a chache of who's got what where.

On the other hand, if you get plundered you need to change up your DA. If you don't, expect the same thing tomorrow.

DeletedUser31882

Me thinks your bias against Hood Raiders makes your judgement a bit flawed. Why allow defenders to review how the failed to defend their town? Why give defenders that 'advantage' to stop plunderers from breaching their defenses? They should just be notified that their defenses were breached and that is it!

I like the idea. It would be nice to expand it to GE and C-map sector fights.

DeletedUser32389

expand it to GE and C-map sector fights

And take it one step further to have them attachable in messeges if you want, you could show the guild how to defeat something particular in GVG, you can could message somebody the replays of you defeating their city... All of this sounds data heavy on our already laggy servers, but I like it in theory

Lucifer1904

Please place this proposal in the proper format. This allows all proposals to be more easily implemented. You can find a link to the proposal guidelines in my signature. For now this will be moved to the forge hall for discussion. You may gain some valuable feedback on your idea there.

DeletedUser

Oh, give it a rest. PvP isn't broken. Some players just don't want to address their deficiencies in that area. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Freshmeboy

Sorry Mr. Longshanks, it's the most broken system in any game I have played in the last twenty+ years...that's why my vote is NO on any change increasing it's edge...

Freshmeboy

there are several ways but the best way to even the playing field is to allow a players GBs attack level to come into play....Having a resounding defense sometimes isn't enough but the attack levels would definitely make it a challenge. The attacker would still have the advantage of surprise and surrender as well as being able to see EXACTLY how much offense and defense awaits him but the troop formation would play a more critical role and the rogue attack strat would be harder to pull off. I'm not asking for elimination of the mechanic, I just don't see the need to slant the field further...

DeletedUser32389

My initial reaction is that from a dev. point that's a difficult thing, and I'll tell you why. The system now is based on age, to make it ALSO based on attack rating you would need to find a way to weigh those two stats and, based on their numbers, figure which is more important in the over all "hood score" of the city. How much attack rate is enough to push you into a higher bracket? There are always going to be people in the middle that kinda skate, and folks at the edges being challenged more.

Freshmeboy

Hootengoben, the hood shuffle is about age and progress on the tech tree...in the past players in FE could attack IA players with no fear of a return attack due to the massive misalignment. Basing it on age is the only way to be fair. Players in my hood who raid aren't concerned about my ranking, only my troop types. Allowing the GB attack values for the defender isn't something odd or new...it's the basis of every other pvp mechanic out there and isn't incorporated here for some odd reason. INNO realizes the disparity and recently is taking steps to rectify the uneven balance because it is costing them money.....This would be an easy implementation that would level the field and give some balance (to the force) and challenge in the mechanic..