Notre Dame Disaster

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by Volup Chewus, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Volup Chewus

Volup Chewus New Member

Proposal
    Change the graphic of Notre Dame periodically to be aligned with the disaster and subsequent rebuilding efforts

Current System (if applicable)
    Static image
    Details
    There is history in the making, and we can be a part of it through this game.

Abuse Prevention
    N/A

Visual Aids
    As pictures come out in the next few days, the graphic for Notre Dame could be redesigned to match the structure's current state, i.e no Spire, no roof, etc. Perhaps an update every three to six months, depending on observable progress, could be done.

Conclusion
    As a part of a history-based game, we may all take part in the ongoing history of one of our Great Buildings!

Ognor the Hood likes this.
  2. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

3. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

No no no

4. MandyTheAlabastard

MandyTheAlabastard Well-Known Member

Alright, now that we're at it with updating Great Buildings to exactly like their appearance today for "realism", how about we make the statue of Zeus, and Lighthouse of Alexandria invisible since they don't exist anymore. That's also not going to annoy anybody, or put more work on Inno's plate.

5. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

What about Babel that never existed?

harbinger956 and Godly Luke like this.
  6. Clara Osgood

Clara Osgood Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Mount Killmore, Noarsil, Rugnir, Sinerania
  7. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

And that the Colosseum is in ruins?

8. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

While that'd be a nice way to keep people updated on it's real life progress it sounds like quite a lot of work to have to re-do the same building every few months

9. MandyTheAlabastard

MandyTheAlabastard Well-Known Member

Guess we have to make Babel invisible too.

harbinger956 likes this.
  10. Falconwing

Falconwing Well-Known Member

How do we know that we aren't living in a game of FoE ourselves and our player decided to destroy his ND to make room for a better GB?

11. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

DONT FORGET THE ARC! itd have to be invisible 2 as mankind nvr created it yet:((

12. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

No. I feel this would be kind of distasteful, for one. I vote to leave it as-is, in full glory, just as the rest of the "ruin" GBs that exist in the game. If there was a World Trade Center GB, no one would be asking it to be rubble... or remade into the new version. That defeats the purpose of historical buildings. The Notre Dame in the game is of the era it was built, not of today.

Jern2017 and DreadfulCadillac like this.
  13. bruno the questionable

bruno the questionable New Member

Let's be honest; The only players who build Notre Dame are new players who don't yet realize they will end up deleting it to build a better GB, players obsessed with having every GB, and now sentimental people grieving the loss.

Get real Inno. Upgrade the benefits if you truly want to honor this landmark. Double the happiness boost. Replace the supplies boost with a significant defensive boost, and let it boost a guilds prestige level. Make it worth having.

14. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

No need for Inno to 'get real', Inno is not looking to honor ND, nor is there a need to. This is just another lame proposal from a player wanting to signal their virtue. Another example of a millennial's misguided penchant for symbols over substance.

Jern2017 likes this.
  15. Emberguard

Increasing the benefits of the ND isn't really honouring ND, if that honours anything it's only the player. Honouring something is about whoever or whatever you're honouring. It's not about yourself. Increasing benefits of ND would only be profiting from others misfortune. Honouring ND would be something like helping in its' restoration or adding some text in the description as a recognition that the fire happened.

Suggesting we should increase player benefits in order to honour ND is kinda like your wife has a birthday. Instead of getting a present that's all about their needs you only get something that you'd personally benefit from, maybe even something that only you could use.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  16. HtebazilEAB

HtebazilEAB Active Member

I agree with the rest that say this would be too much work, especially when so many of the other GBs either do not exist or do not look like the actual thing(because the original is in ruins etc).

17. bruno the questionable

I am not trying to signal virtue in any way. And I am not a stupid millenial either. But thanks for your lame response..

18. bruno the questionable

No, it is about making a GB nobody wants into one that has an advantage to long term play. Better to make GBs that exist more valuable than some fantastical things that in someone's imgination. And my ex wife can take a flying leap. As to a personal benefit, it's not like I would be the only player who could build it. So, nice try.

19. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I think most of you are missing the point of this proposal. It doesn't say anything about memorializing or honoring anything. As one of only a handful of GBs in the game that actually currently exist, it is simply asking for the image to be modified every few months to reflect the ongoing restoration. I think that this would be very interesting, and a way to connect this game in a real way to one of the historical sites it uses. The only drawback I really see to it is that almost no one is going to build the Notre Dame GB anyway, so it would be wasted effort. But in my opinion it is a very nice idea.

Big-Bendz likes this.
  20. Emberguard

That's fine as a reason to want upgrades. However what I was referring to is when you said this:
    So the upgrade you want isn't about honouring anything, it's about improving it's worth as a usable GB in the game.

Yeah it is a interesting concept, just unfortunate it's not likely to be used much outside of the BP view even if implemented.