• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oceanic Future- Part 3 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Let us know what you think about this third part of our oceanic journey. We're looking forward to hearing all your comments here.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser5111

Not looking forward to the release. Mantas are a trash unit... and you all have avatars watering down meaningful research.

qaccy

Not looking forward to the release. Mantas are a trash unit... and you all have avatars watering down meaningful research.

I'll wait to face and use Mantas myself before I actually judge them, as right now all I'd be able to do is speculate (like on the beta forum). If nothing else they'll be a welcome addition to replace most of the Dragon Drones that discourage the use of artillery units in GE.

I agree that (mandatory) technologies just for avatars is a cruddy move, because those really feel like things that should be add-ons to other techs and/or optional. They're little more than toll gates to artificially inflate the tech tree for someone who isn't interested in using the avatars. :( At least the premium buildings in Arctic Future that had to be researched were all optional or had other things attached to them that didn't require diamonds. What happened here?

ITown

Can someone explain what an "Oceanic terminal level" is?

Apart from that, pretty disappointed in the new unit and lack of a useful GB.

DeletedUser26965

Can someone explain what an "Oceanic terminal level" is?

Apart from that, pretty disappointed in the new unit and lack of a useful GB.
Guessing them mean "upgrade" to the Oceanic Terminal from the Seasteading Tech

seasteading - Copy.PNG

Zatrikon

And they still haven't fixed the Floating House.

Arctic Future Clock Tower Apartment 3x4 - 8900 coins in 4 hours = 741.667 coins per space in 4 hours
Oceanic Future Floating House 5x4 - 6550 coins in 4 hours = 327.5 coins per space in 4 hours

Buildings are supposed to be better than the equivalent ones from the previous age, not worse.

Even if the Floating House is motivated, it still produces fewer coins per space than an unmotivated Clock Tower Apartment.

qaccy

And they still haven't fixed the Floating House.

Arctic Future Clock Tower Apartment 3x4 - 8900 coins in 4 hours = 741.667 coins per space in 4 hours
Oceanic Future Floating House 5x4 - 6550 coins in 4 hours = 327.5 coins per space in 4 hours

Buildings are supposed to be better than the equivalent ones from the previous age, not worse.

Even if the Floating House is motivated, it still produces fewer coins per space than an unmotivated Clock Tower Apartment.

Meanwhile, the population of both is 271.5 per square for the Floating House vs 203.3 for the Apartment. You can't simply look at the coin produced, you have to consider the population as well.

Zatrikon

Meanwhile, the population of both is 271.5 per square for the Floating House vs 203.3 for the Apartment. You can't simply look at the coin produced, you have to consider the population as well.
That's true, but all of the residential buildings increase in population density AND coin production efficiency. The Floating House is the first one that doesn't. It's obviously a mistake.

CE: Waterfront Residential 150.833 population/space 333.333 coins/space/4 hrs.
Tomorrow: Annex 166.667 population/space 416.667 coins/space/4 hrs.
Future: Underground House 183.333 population/space 583.333 coins/space/4 hrs.
AF: Clock Tower Apartment 203.333 population/space 741.667 coins/space/4 hrs.
CE: Floating House 271.5 population/space 327.5 coins/space/4 hrs.

See the pattern? See the anomaly? The Floating House has a worse coin efficiency than the equivalent building from FOUR AGES AGO! I think people would rightly complain if a Colonial Age building was less efficient than the equivalent building from the Iron age!

ITown

That's true, but all of the residential buildings increase in population density AND coin production efficiency. The Floating House is the first one that doesn't. It's obviously a mistake.

CE: Waterfront Residential 150.833 population/space 333.333 coins/space/4 hrs.
Tomorrow: Annex 166.667 population/space 416.667 coins/space/4 hrs.
Future: Underground House 183.333 population/space 583.333 coins/space/4 hrs.
AF: Clock Tower Apartment 203.333 population/space 741.667 coins/space/4 hrs.
CE: Floating House 271.5 population/space 327.5 coins/space/4 hrs.

See the pattern? See the anomaly? The Floating House has a worse coin efficiency than the equivalent building from FOUR AGES AGO! I think people would rightly complain if a Colonial Age building was less efficient than the equivalent building from the Iron age!

Also a massive increase in population efficiency compared to other house upgrades.

DeletedUser24373

Let us know what you think about this third part of our oceanic journey. We're looking forward to hearing all your comments here.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Your Forge of Empires Team
Any idea when we can expect the second OF Great Building or will there only be one released for this era?

DeletedUser26120

Any idea when we can expect the second OF Great Building or will there only be one released for this era?
I don't have confirmation but the assumption would be that they will release another GB later.

If you wanted a better idea of when that'd be coming then I'd recommend you try playing Beta or at least reading the beta forums - perhaps someone has asked there. http://zz.forgeofempires.com

DeletedUser28077

The era expansion is lame! I hear mantras are trash and that would be in line with the turtles (TURD for short). A real POS!

They better come out with a whiz bang GB to make up for this bloody mess.

DeletedUser26032

One thing I didn't see was a new GB. Atlantis is a beautiful GB but if we aren't into plundering then maybe a different GB would be more interesting. Space is king in this game and most players strive for getting expansions to have more. wouldn't it be prudent to have a GB with one role like TOR that would be for medals only. All of the medal GB's have dual roles which is nice but it would be nice to have a GB that would reward the owner with a nice amount of medals as we level it up. What is a nice amount well not 40 like Deal Castle more like 125+ to make it more interesting. A pure medals GB is what allot of us would like to see. By level 10 at least 1,000 medals a day so you can count the days to see when your able to have enough for an expansion. Or you can just forget about it if it takes 100k or more for an expansion but at least you have more ways of getting medals. I hope you liked my idea you can toss it around maybe to see if it would work. Maybe make the GB smaller and have less medals but we need a pure medal GB. Thank you for listening. LG

DeletedUser28077

The rescue unit I assume is to get the Turds upright if they roll over on their shell.

INNO could use someone with military experience. There are many ways to go that don't involve fantasy! I am not volunteering (we don't do that in the military either).

DeletedUser9306

The oceanic expansion has so many flaws with advancing, military units and requirements that either players that are in that era are looking to go backwards since it is better or the next era needs to come out quickly to improve the game. At this point, the game has really ended at the Future age. the arctic and oceanic futures are poor at best and not worth the time to play. unfortunately many players have devoted significant amounts of time and resources to get to this point, they hope the next age will be better, only to be disappointed... again.
Items that need to be improved:
Military units: some will argue but I find myself using and beating most AF and OF battles with FA units. Why are units several ages older better than the advanced units? this is a Game Design flaw. The initial response on the latest OF unit Manta is again, poor at best.
Look at the different ages and the percentage of attack / defense increase of a unit from age to age. the last two ages, the units are not gaining a proportionate increase from the previous age making the OF units weak compared to units from 2 ages prior.
Technology advancing: Many of the OF advances require goods from 1 or 2 ages prior. when in the advanced ages, goods are made from goods of 3 ages back. by OF, this is several ages to build up to. Many of the goods are acquired through rewards or the made from unrefined goods that are from great buildings. To get the correct unrefined goods, would require 3 separate goods buildings so to produce one type of good would require 4 goods buildings (assuming you have the boost for each of the 4 building types). To get the previous era goods, you no longer have rewards giving you unrefined goods making the ability to make the goods significantly more difficult.
The other way to get goods is by trading. Up to future age, trading down is relatively easy. the higher age goods are typically worth more so to find trades is easy. With AF and OF, the demand for the goods is not there. Fewer players are in these ages, the great buildings needing the goods to be built are not that good (again, little demand) and the GvG does not need these goods so there is an unbalanced surplus of AF and OF goods. I am finding it hard to get Trades for FE goods when I offer 2 OF to get 1 FE good.
Another draw back in the technology advancing is the rewards are also getting worse. A mandatory quest to keep the tree going and the reward is only an avatar... this is just wasting time and/or lack of creativity.
The last 2 ages are long and drawn out with no good rewards in these ages, so why should a player keep playing when the last 3rd of the game is lame?

What needs to be fixed: A new age that has:
1) Better military units than the 3 ages below it. there needs to be a balance between each of the units within the same era, but not a balance for the era's below it (that is why it is a technology advancement).
2) Technology tree that has buildings and rewards that are worth getting (having avatars as a 2nd item or reward is fine). Also have the cost of the tech items within reason with relation goods (previous and current era's, although with the last few era,s there is a surplus so they might be abundant).
3) Goods buildings that help the later age players and have a desirable advancement or advantage.
4) Create a demand for the goods of the new era. The GvG area has created a demand for goods that stops as the Future... a new demand for goods needs to be created (demand for the player or the guild does not matter, but there needs to be the demand).
5) MOST IMPORTANT !!!! A reason or goal for a player in the advance ages to want to keep playing (a new avatar is NOT it).

DeletedUser28077

One thing I didn't see was a new GB. Atlantis is a beautiful GB but if we aren't into plundering then maybe a different GB would be more interesting. Space is king in this game and most players strive for getting expansions to have more. wouldn't it be prudent to have a GB with one role like TOR that would be for medals only. All of the medal GB's have dual roles which is nice but it would be nice to have a GB that would reward the owner with a nice amount of medals as we level it up. What is a nice amount well not 40 like Deal Castle more like 125+ to make it more interesting. A pure medals GB is what allot of us would like to see. By level 10 at least 1,000 medals a day so you can count the days to see when your able to have enough for an expansion. Or you can just forget about it if it takes 100k or more for an expansion but at least you have more ways of getting medals. I hope you liked my idea you can toss it around maybe to see if it would work. Maybe make the GB smaller and have less medals but we need a pure medal GB. Thank you for listening. LG
That will only work until you run out of medal expansions.