• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oceanic Future - Part 4 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

Let us know what you think about this fourth part of our oceanic journey. We're looking forward to your feedback. :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
Forge of Empires Team

JohnDoesy

It seems the Kraken is a little overpowered. If I invest the forge points to buy the goods and build this great building, am I going to find it nerfed right after I build it and level it a little?

DeletedUser9717

The Kraken is interesting. Does the first attack grow with the levels or stays the same and just the Fp's grow?
Are there any new resources to be found ?
Is there any upgrade that will reduce the amount of medals to be used for research?
How large is the Era Tree and are the amount of Fp's required of a large amount and still need Promethium or some new resource,( back to question 2 )
Any deferring of the use of Rouges??

qaccy

@Robat
1) Both bonuses increase with each level.
2) No new goods.
3) I don't really understand this one, as medals aren't needed for research.
4) Technology costs are consistent with what we've been seeing so far, and yes, Orichalcum is still necessary as that's the new good introduced in Oceanic as a whole.
5) It may have been unintentional and changed since then, but when they were originally introduced on beta the Nautilus AI ignored rogues even in areas where that usually doesn't happen (neighborhood, GvG, GE). That could be something of a game-changer for certain people but again, this was early in beta and may not be the case anymore.

DeletedUser17759

Would be better to have units working together. Something! A unit that creates a force field for another unit rather than for itself would be nice. (Limit 1 per army? Limit in NPC battles only?)

Zatrikon

Does the Kraken work in all combats?

City defense?
PvP offense?
GE?
Provinces?
GvG offense?
GvG defense?

That would be an interesting change. And it might really suck for players in lower ages in PvP and GvG.

qaccy

It's going to have a more immediate, but similar effect to the Orangery if you ask me. Orangery is lower odds and slightly weaker, but unlimited; Kraken is capable of a much higher chance and taking out a unit right off the bat with no attacks from your units is pretty impactful in difficult battles, but only applies on wave one in a two-wave battle and can only activate a limited number of times per day.

All that being said, it's a small GB and it produces FP so pretty much everybody's going to build it just for that.

DeletedUser5111

Does the Kraken work in all combats?

City defense?
PvP offense?
GE?
Provinces?
GvG offense?
GvG defense?

That would be an interesting change. And it might really suck for players in lower ages in PvP and GvG.
No, Kraken does not defend you.

DeletedUser26120

am I going to find it nerfed right after I build it and level it a little
Doubt it. When it first came out in beta they actually made it slightly more powerful after player feedback.

Don't see why they would take it a step backwards after that.

DeletedUser12620

Doubt it. When it first came out in beta they actually made it slightly more powerful after player feedback.

Don't see why they would take it a step backwards after that.

You know, make it such a beneficial if not overpowered GB for players to pour money only then to nerf it a week later ;)

DeletedUser5111

So you defend your city with seven units (some of the time), but are attacked with eight.

Yes. If you have a Kraken in your city and you're defending, it will not have a chance to instantly kill the opponent attacking you.

DeletedUser24964

If Kraken works when attacking a city, then it should work defending a city. City defense is already so weak in this game. Now it will be even more difficult to defend.

DeletedUser28371

I would love to have this now. Is it locked to Oceanic future or can you get it at any age (ie buy it)

DeletedUser25795

If kraken was used when defending cities then when you woke up after being attacked 10 times your kraken would be out of uses for you to use it when you then went to attack.