• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oceanic Future - Part 4 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser25795

Kraken question:

I fought a few times with the new GB but don't see anywhere where it shows how many more uses I have left. Is this as intended or am I missing an Icon somewhere in my right hand bar?

DeletedUser4441

Kraken question:

I fought a few times with the new GB but don't see anywhere where it shows how many more uses I have left. Is this as intended or am I missing an Icon somewhere in my right hand bar?
Already a known issue as an oversight. Look for a future fix.

DeletedUser25795

Thanks Sgt Bothari.

@ FelliAngel This is the next part of the Oceanic Future story. So this quest line is the last part of the game until more are released. Therefore you need to have finished all the other story quest lines in Oceanic Future Age.

DeletedUser25795

I CAN switch tabs again, not sure if this was in the update (didn't see any info on it) but thanks I can have multiple tabs open again and not have to reboot the game.

DeletedUser13838

I still have the freezing problem but just need to resize and restore the window to unfreeze it.

Kaidi

Bug in the new GB attachment: You can post an attachment to a thread that cannot be added to, e.g. the user needs another set of BPs. This isn't always immediately obvious to the user, and once posted, definitely not obvious to the person trying to donate, until they can't. Can we make the attachment red or something, if the GB doesn't have the requisite level to be added to? Thanks.

DeletedUser12383

The paper clip icon's location for the attachments interferes with the scroll bars when writing a message. Needs to move somewhere else.

DeletedUser11680

Let us know what you think about this fourth part of our oceanic journey. We're looking forward to your feedback. :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
Forge of Empires Team
So far, OF4 is very good, though I have one nit to mention. In the Story Quest Pursuasion, 10 crayfish must be produced for a reward of 2 eels. It takes a 24-hour production in the shellfish farm to produce 1 crayfish, or 10 days to do this quest for a single farm. The basic quest itself is fine (24-hour duration for the production action), but the quantity of crayfish required to complete the quest is excessive, and the reward is minimal, especially for OF4, where most players have very limited space with special buildings, great buildings, etc planted, and, as an aside, have no substantial need for supplies...for this quest, there should be more of a balance between what is required to achieve the quest and the reward for it. I tear down buildings and raise others to accomplish some quest requirements, as many other players do, but for this quest, it's a 10 day duration with a single production building. Could I tear down more, yes, but IMO, the negatives of doing so outweigh the reduced time...my suggestion is that a more reasonable quest of this type (24-hour production, with a small reward like 2 eels) have a requirement of 1-2 items, and not 10...other than that, the OF4 is looking good and going well.

DeletedUser26759

So far, OF4 is very good, though I have one nit to mention. In the Story Quest Pursuasion, 10 crayfish must be produced for a reward of 2 eels. It takes a 24-hour production in the shellfish farm to produce 1 crayfish, or 10 days to do this quest for a single farm. The basic quest itself is fine (24-hour duration for the production action), but the quantity of crayfish required to complete the quest is excessive, and the reward is minimal, especially for OF4, where most players have very limited space with special buildings, great buildings, etc planted, and, as an aside, have no substantial need for supplies...for this quest, there should be more of a balance between what is required to achieve the quest and the reward for it. I tear down buildings and raise others to accomplish some quest requirements, as many other players do, but for this quest, it's a 10 day duration with a single production building. Could I tear down more, yes, but IMO, the negatives of doing so outweigh the reduced time...my suggestion is that a more reasonable quest of this type (24-hour production, with a small reward like 2 eels) have a requirement of 1-2 items, and not 10...other than that, the OF4 is looking good and going well.

Hmm. Annoying production quest...productions can now be finished early using Diamonds...

There's something there, I just can't put my finger on it.

Lucifer1904

Hmm. Annoying production quest...productions can now be finished early using Diamonds...
Certain ones can. If it is a FP. Goods, or medals production it can not be auto-finished. I learned that when it was released limited on the servers a few months back. All residential buildings can be auto-finished though.

qaccy

I agree with this, with the following addition that the quest doesn't really make 'sense' from a story perspective. What does producing crayfish have to do with the story being told during the quest? Perhaps I'll find out once I complete the quest, but this one stands out as a pretty prominent example of quest dialogue and quest tasks not really lining up with each other like they used to in the earlier ages of the game.

DeletedUser26154

The Crawfish One.
Ten 24 Hour Productions.
Fortunate I have space in my city for just such emergencies.
I have the flexible space to construct 5 of those Shellfish Farms to do the quests.

I didn't like how ten 24-hour productions were right in the way real quick.
I'm thinking to myself... "How can the need for 10 Crayfish keep my DEEP SEA FLEET in port."
How important can those things be, to halt over 10,000 Sailors and Merchant Marines?
Apparently very important, with that Diamond Option there to hasten the rewards.

hawkmanm3a.png

Hawkman of The Super Friends is keeping an eye out.