• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oceanic Future - Part 6 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

Let us know what you think about the closure of our oceanic journey. We're looking forward to your feedback here! :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!
And in the meantime... new domains emerged. Guns and tanks will not bring you far, but wits and cunning will make your conquest a reality. Stay tuned!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

Oceanic Future - Part 6 Announcement

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31882

The Blue Galaxy GB Double Collection skill looks interesting. Small chance for double Terrace farm FP? I wonder if people will find that worth the investment and footprint.

DeletedUser31308

The Blue Galaxy GB Double Collection skill looks interesting. Small chance for double Terrace farm FP? I wonder if people will find that worth the investment and footprint.
At level 10, it seems you can expect only 2 productions to be doubled (30 something % chance with 6 charges). Assuming you have 6 TFs, that's 10 FP/day from 35 squares, which is pretty decent. Wonder how well it scales past 10 though.

DeletedUser31498

Seems weird the most "advanced" GB in the game would award medals. Aren't those likely to be of very little use to an Oceanic Part 6 player? Or is that not how INNO should approach the benefits of a GB of that age?

DeletedUser25166

Really? in the middle of an Event. now the Campaign map quests wont auto complete. But then hey, when could they do this, we have a historical Questline right after this and Spring event right after that.

DeletedUser30312

In the wiki entry for the new GB (https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=The_Blue_Galaxy), it says "The Blue Galaxy comes with a new skill: Double Collection. On top of the Double Collection skill, The Kraken will also produce Medals." Probably want to fix that copy/paste error :)

I dunno, I think it would be funny if one GB added something for another to collect.

It might be leftover text from back when the Beta Kraken was making medals, but why that didn't get deleted I have no idea.

From what I've been reading of it, that's the biggest attraction of this GB, boosting FPs from things like Terrace Farms.

DeletedUser31498

At level 10, it seems you can expect only 2 productions to be doubled (30 something % chance with 6 charges). Assuming you have 6 TFs, that's 10 FP/day from 35 squares, which is pretty decent. Wonder how well it scales past 10 though.

Problem is it scales terribly for almost everyone, since no one has like 50 TF/Palace sets right? And even the CDM at level 10 has a pretty similar FP payout/square (6 in 25 vs 10 in 35), with the kicker that the a/d bonus is >>>>>>>> medals.

DeletedUser31308

Problem is it scales terribly for almost everyone, since no one has like 50 TF/Palace sets right? And even the CDM at level 10 has a pretty similar FP payout/square (6 in 25 vs 10 in 35), with the kicker that the a/d bonus is >>>>>>>> medals.
That's the question, we don't know how it scales past 10. If it scales mostly by increased charges, you're right, few people will have enough high FP payout buildings to collect with this bonus to make it worthwhile. If it scales mostly by increased chances, say you could get to 90% chance for 10 charges, there are quite few people with 10 TFs and it would give 45 FP/day on average at that level (on par with level 70 HS/CDM). The secondary medals might as well not be there, obviously.

DeletedUser32768

Link: Oceanic Future - Part 6

Very unusual 6 day notice btw, thank you for that.

Have to tell though, after a year already in OF I'll be glad when the next expansion comes out.

When did OF first release? Is it known whether or not they will in fact add another era? That's certainly the logical next step, but all games end at some point and I was curious if we've reached it with Part 6, especially when you take into account the fact of how long Oceanic has already been the last Era.

DeletedUser32768

I certainly hope there's more to come! With the volume of players in Oceanic, trading for AF goods is a nightmare since no one wants to spare them and AF players are busy prepping for Oceanic!

Zatrikon

I'm also very glad this will be the last Oceanic Future sub-age. IMO, it's gone on far too long. There really wasn't any need for these new buildings and units. Not that they aren't any good - but they would have been just as good if they were saved for the Lunar Future or whatever.

Trading for goods has been quite the headache. I'm totally tech-locked in one world, which has never happened to me before. No one wants to part with AF or Future goods, and no one wants Tomorrow goods at all.

Maybe it's time we moved past the barter system somehow.

DeletedUser31308

I'm also very glad this will be the last Oceanic Future sub-age. IMO, it's gone on far too long. There really wasn't any need for these new buildings and units. Not that they aren't any good - but they would have been just as good if they were saved for the Lunar Future or whatever.

Trading for goods has been quite the headache. I'm totally tech-locked in one world, which has never happened to me before. No one wants to part with AF or Future goods, and no one wants Tomorrow goods at all.

Maybe it's time we moved past the barter system somehow.
Well, there's always the NPC Vendors... ;)

qaccy

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the units are unchanged from their initial release on beta. Meaning...the description for the Medusa is inaccurate. It doesn't have 'wonderful shields' unless you want to count 140 defense and no defensive ability as 'wonderful'. It's also got terrain bonuses despite being completely immobile, so you're rolling the dice whenever you battle with them on whether they're going to have a bonus or not. Of the three new units, that one's really leaving me disappointed. Hopefully eventually some feedback gets to the devs that it needs to be reworked. The Scimitar and Gliders are both pretty decent as-is.

Salsuero

Medals? A "chance" for double collection? At the size, I'll pass. Maybe build it someday out of boredom.

DeletedUser31978

Medals? A "chance" for double collection? At the size, I'll pass. Maybe build it someday out of boredom.
level 36 = 50% chance. at level 38 = 52%. that mean if you have 11 terrace farms youll get from 25 to 30 extra fp per day and if you are lucky , 55 extra fp. at level 80 the % is like 75% and 16 or 17 uses. 16 TF, and 75% means from 60 extra fp to 65fp. and if you are lucky, 80 extra fp from 16 TF. soon or later people will buy this. maybe just right after cape-> orangery-> kraken-> monte -> blue galaxy. is a FP GE and any GB or build that gives you FP must be welcomed in your city :)