• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oceanic Future - Part 6 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

qaccy

The medal bonus is pretty much only there because the GB needs a collection in order to refresh the charges on the double collection bonus. Unlike (or perhaps because of) the Kraken, the developers decided that the GB's effects are fine as-is. People are probably going to miss this or simply not understand it, but I want to stress that the medal production is really only there because it has to be for the other bonus to function. If it didn't have charges and was a passive effect like the ToR, it wouldn't even have a production at all.

cbalto1927

I am surprised that none of these new military buildings have a Attack/Defense bonus attached. If you look at Arctic Future Era building for example Dragon Drone have 7% attack bonus. But Gliders have none? Have anyone noticed that?

Salsuero

level 36 = 50% chance. at level 38 = 52%. that mean if you have 11 terrace farms youll get from 25 to 30 extra fp per day and if you are lucky , 55 extra fp. at level 80 the % is like 75% and 16 or 17 uses. 16 TF, and 75% means from 60 extra fp to 65fp. and if you are lucky, 80 extra fp from 16 TF. soon or later people will buy this. maybe just right after cape-> orangery-> kraken-> monte -> blue galaxy. is a FP GE and any GB or build that gives you FP must be welcomed in your city :)

11 Terrace Farms? LOL No. I'm not using my entire town for Terrace Farms! I have two. That's already way too much space. I have 14 in inventory. I doubt I would build more of them in the future. Considering how long and how much it'll be to get this new GB to a point where what you are suggesting would even matter... I already said it's too big... and you're suggesting building it AND having 11 Terrace Farms? I'll pass. Like I said... maybe someday.

DeletedUser30312

The medal bonus is pretty much only there because the GB needs a collection in order to refresh the charges on the double collection bonus. Unlike (or perhaps because of) the Kraken, the developers decided that the GB's effects are fine as-is. People are probably going to miss this or simply not understand it, but I want to stress that the medal production is really only there because it has to be for the other bonus to function. If it didn't have charges and was a passive effect like the ToR, it wouldn't even have a production at all.

That's a good point. Also, OF already has a goods producing building, the Atlantis Museum, and there's quite a few GB that make goods already. The Kraken was switched to FPs from medals, so that already exists in the age too. Who in OF is going to be wowed by coin or supply production on a GB? So medals it is, unless they want a more unique collection ability like the Dynamic Tower or Seed Vault, but there's really only so many options they have.

DeletedUser26965

When did OF first release? Is it known whether or not they will in fact add another era? That's certainly the logical next step, but all games end at some point and I was curious if we've reached it with Part 6, especially when you take into account the fact of how long Oceanic has already been the last Era.

Oceanic Future- Part 1 was released March 15, 2017.

Yes, there's going to be another Era, will probably be released in July. My guess is it's going to be space based with a new Special Resource where we send a spaceship to another planet to mine it but that's just a wild guess.

new era.PNG

ITown

At 7x5, it's larger than a terrace farm, but will only give, on average, 1 terrace farm of production, until level 9. Only at that point does it seem noticeably better than terrace farms.

Not a GB I'm wowed by, but I will probably build it because I've run out of worthwhile things to do in my city

DeletedUser31978

11 Terrace Farms? LOL No. I'm not using my entire town for Terrace Farms! I have two. That's already way too much space. I have 14 in inventory. I doubt I would build more of them in the future. Considering how long and how much it'll be to get this new GB to a point where what you are suggesting would even matter... I already said it's too big... and you're suggesting building it AND having 11 Terrace Farms? I'll pass. Like I said... maybe someday.
if you get 10 FP from TF thanks to the BG then that means you are obtaining 10 FP for 30 squares, in order to get 10 FP using SoK you need 40 squares. thanks to this new GB TF are more efficents than SoK

qaccy

At 7x5, it's larger than a terrace farm, but will only give, on average, 1 terrace farm of production, until level 9. Only at that point does it seem noticeably better than terrace farms.

Not a GB I'm wowed by, but I will probably build it because I've run out of worthwhile things to do in my city

Kind of like the rest of the AF and OF GBs. They were designed with the assumption that many players building them are going to level them (well) past 10. And just like is currently done, it'll have its place in the 'order' these players level their GBs in. It's probably not going to top many lists, but it'll probably slot in before the Seed Vault, Temple of Relics, and maybe even the Chateau and Alcatraz for players who have yet to really level those buildings up.

Salsuero

if you get 10 FP from TF thanks to the BG then that means you are obtaining 10 FP for 30 squares, in order to get 10 FP using SoK you need 40 squares. thanks to this new GB TF are more efficents than SoK

How do you figure? It might be more efficient once in a while, but it's only a chance at double collection. That doesn't guarantee it will apply to your Terrace Farm(s) at all. You may hit it once in a while, but you may also hit just about anything else in your town that's eligible for this GB's bonus, so unless you are going to have a town made exclusively up of Terrace Farms, you have no idea day-to-day if this will produce the way you think it will. And what fun is a town full of Terrace Farms anyways? Boring! Yeah, maybe if you wanna level this up a significant amount of levels to where it becomes more predictably consistent, it will eventually pay off, but that's going to take a while and a LOT of forge points to get there.

DeletedUser31882

How do you figure? It might be more efficient once in a while, but it's only a chance at double collection. That doesn't guarantee it will apply to your Terrace Farm(s) at all. You may hit it once in a while, but you may also hit just about anything else in your town that's eligible for this GB's bonus, so unless you are going to have a town made exclusively up of Terrace Farms, you have no idea day-to-day if this will produce the way you think it will.

I'm under the assumption that the double collection bonus will work like the Dynamic tower and other 'X uses' GBs. So if a player doesn't click their 4-6 TFs after the GB, they have only themselves to blame.

The important calculation is the 'break-even' point for cost/profit.

qaccy

For what it's worth, the double collection can also work with wishing wells (and their counterparts). So while extremely slight odds, this is going to become the 3rd GB that can 'produce' diamonds, behind the Chateau (via quest rewards) and Seed Vault (directly).

Anyway, just going to repeat that, much like the Kraken, this GB isn't designed to be impactful until well beyond level 10. New GBs are no longer designed to scale well until level 10, then slowly afterward anymore. Inno caught on that GBs are very commonly levelled well past that point and have adjusted the bonus scaling accordingly. Myself, I don't consider the Kraken to start being worthwhile until around level 50 when the activation chance approaches 90%. At level 10 and only 32%, that's pretty bad. The Blue Galaxy is really no different.

DeletedUser30312

Interesting.

It's looking like this will be a luxury GB that will be of benefit primarily to farmers. I'll probably skip it myself, but that's okay. After all, there's already the Atlantis Museum which benefits people like myself who like to plunder, and the Kraken which is pretty good for most players, particularly any kind of fighter.

DeletedUser3882

I thought *today* was the 7th :/

Where’s the flip floppin’ update ?!?!??!?

Hhhhhhhhhhh.... still waiting on tomorrow :/

Colb777

I hope this is the end of "Oceanic" Feels like the longest and least challenging era Inno has ever produced and this Blue Galaxy is the icing on the fecal cake.

I'm sick of "Chapters" or "Parts" to an era. Really feels like this game died with Anwar and the devs are just milking this with stupid events. I haven't bought a diamond once since Arctic Era (solely because of this) and I'll be checking out (even more than I already have) if Chapter 1 of "Space Age" or whatever comes next time.

Does ANYONE prefer chapters?

*Arturis*

That's a good point. Also, OF already has a goods producing building, the Atlantis Museum, and there's quite a few GB that make goods already. The Kraken was switched to FPs from medals, so that already exists in the age too. Who in OF is going to be wowed by coin or supply production on a GB? So medals it is, unless they want a more unique collection ability like the Dynamic Tower or Seed Vault, but there's really only so many options they have.
I know I don't
http://prntscr.com/inwy1v

DeletedUser26660

Persoanlly I won't be building The Blue Galaxy GB because of its' large footprint and relatively small chance of FPs that really would not make a difference to me, plus I am sitting on millions of medals as is. I would much sooner use the space it would take for another Maharajas Palace set which in comparison knocks spots off this new GB by giving FPs, coins, supplies, goods and medals...no brainer really :)

qaccy

Persoanlly I won't be building The Blue Galaxy GB because of its' large footprint and relatively small chance of FPs that really would not make a difference to me, plus I am sitting on millions of medals as is. I would much sooner use the space it would take for another Maharajas Palace set which in comparison knocks spots off this new GB by giving FPs, coins, supplies, goods and medals...no brainer really :)

Eventually, it reaches the point where that 7x5 footprint is worth more than that much space in terms of other buildings. At level 50, you can (on average) double the collection of 6-7 buildings per day. 6-7 Palaces require much more than 35 squares' worth of space, and that's not even counting the other buildings required to make them produce more than just coins. Even in a conjoined setup to allow maximum Palaces with a minimum of the other buildings, you're still looking at a footprint more than triple the size of this GB. Not to mention doing so requires actually obtaining that many event buildings vs building and levelling a GB...not really comparing the same thing here, but the GB sounds like the better option.

Anyway, side note: Possibly unrelated to OF6, but I see that there was an update this morning and that the space for the new Show Hall feature on beta has already been cleared out. I could be crazy, but my eyes were drawn to that cleared space down and to the left of the Friends Tavern so I'm pretty sure there was some nature there previously. Is it really planned to push it to live that quickly?

DeletedUser26660

Well, marvelous!. I had collected FPs earlier today and had stored them on the bar, when I managed to get logged back in after the update for part 6 the counter had reset to zero. So now I am 44FPs down, have raised a ticket...sigh :(