• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Off-Topic Chat for the Off-Topic Section

DeletedUser32355

Let's have a general off-topic chat!

RULES:
1. Forum rules apply.
2. Chat.

DeletedUser32355

Here's why you don't open and extract 42.zip.
upload_2018-5-11_14-48-42.png

The final result:
upload_2018-5-11_14-49-10.png

It's kind of funny that 42.zip is nothing but 4.5 petrabytes of a's. (1 Petrabyte = 1,024 Terabytes, a high end hard drive = 16TB).

And then, when you close everything:
upload_2018-5-11_14-52-6.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32355

I don't know what the hell you're on about.
It's a lot of computer jargon. In short: 42.zip is a zip bomb. A zip bomb is something small (for example, 42KB) made of a repeating thing over and over again (such as an A). Because of the lossless compression method (in short, it makes things smaller without losing other things), it gets really, really small. Something unpacks it (uncompressed to its original size): the program crashes or uses all the system resources (near-crash).

DeletedUser32355

*ignores*

If you want 42.zip you can download it here. :p It does not come with a warranty. It says to use at your own risk and that the password is 42. ;)

DeletedUser32009

I dont understand. The thread says off topic. but then someone says it isn't on topic.
Am I missing a joke? Do I deserve a *swish*...over my head??? lol

DeletedUser32355

I found the funniest troll post ever!
https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/5651/missing-file/
In short:
A notorious troll (5247846) asked for a file. The webmaster trolled him back my telling him it was in a 256GB file (with a download link). Since 5247846 had a 0.05MB connection.... there were jokes that he would return in 2 1/2 years saying "the archive was corrupt and had too may unnecessary bytes". :D:p Especially since he had already said "the archive has too many unnecessary bytes" (the "archive" was nothing but random numbers :p).
And don't forget this one, ethier.
http://www.vcfed.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-25719.html

Last edited by a moderator: