• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

old post

Zerwan

I have a Guild that I would like people to join.

As long as you aren't someone who just tries to join to get further ahead without helping others, your welcome

Last edited:

Agent327

I believe the guild name is The Merchants, but OP did not provide the world. I'm going to guess OP has not played FOE very long.

Long is a relative term. He posts in the Sinerania part of the forum, so shouldn't that be a clue on which world he is on?

Agent327

Some word of advice. First learn the game. Join a large guild to find out how everything works, before you want to start your own guild. When you do start your own guild, make sure your rules are not going to be a major reason not to join. The one you have now is totally stupid. It is one you can not uphold, cause you can not see if your guildmembers are abiding by it.

Zerwan

Thanks for the advice about the rules. I am going to be a little stubborn though and try to get people to join my guild.

Vger

Thanks for the advice about the rules. I am going to be a little stubborn though and try to get people to join my guild.
You are free to play this game any way you want. But Agent is right. You don't know how much you don't know yet.
Your guild will fail, or at least flounder badly. And that will hold back your own progress immensely.

Zerwan

You are free to play this game any way you want. But Agent is right. You don't know how much you don't know yet.
Your guild will fail, or at least flounder badly. And that will hold back your own progress immensely.
Well, got any suggestions on what guild I should join then? Cause most large guilds have requirements that new players could never fulfill

DevaCat

Well, got any suggestions on what guild I should join then? Cause most large guilds have requirements that new players could never fulfill
Hey @Zerwan, the reason I asked the questions I did is because if someone is recruiting, the more information you give potential new members the better. Your original wording only told me that you really didn't like plundering, and that's just not enough to base a guild on or to join one imho.

I don't play on this world so I can't steer you to a particular guild. But you can check the guild lists and descriptions for open join guilds and just try them. The large guilds with those high requirements you mention are geared more to intermediate to advanced cities, and they are competing in GE, GBG and possibly GvG. If you're just getting started you don't need that kind of guild yet. Examine the guild descriptions and look for "teaching guild" or something like that. You do want them to open GE regularly so you can experience that. A caution though: guild descriptions are often outdated or outright bogus. A "GB development program" might turn out to be a couple of low level swap threads or not exist at all lol.

In the process of finding a guild you will see a lot of bad ones, which will help you later on should you decide to create one of your own -- you'll know what not to do. When you find one that's good and you stay for a time you'll learn how a guild works. You might earn a leadership position if that's of any interest to you.

Also, in the process of looking for a guild to join (or in guild hopping if you're in the Age where you can do that) you will see a lot of small dead or barely active guilds. That's what everyone is warning against. The game is littered with failed guilds, and we hope you don't have to go through that yourself. Good luck.