• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

On the next new world opened...

DeletedUser15539

Here's another idea I've been pondering. This is not a proposal - I'm just curious what other players have to think about it.
I'm in an active fighting guild in my main world. The first 30 minutes or so after reset are nearly always devoted to fighting in GvG, so much so, that I can't really be very involved in a second world. What would you think about reset being one hour later in the next world that is opened up?

RazorbackPirate

Inno has stated, through the DNSL, they will not entertain proposals about new worlds with new rules.

Sooooo, it doesn't matter what you, I, or any one else thinks about this idea, it's Dead on Arrival. As such, I see no point in wasting time or energy debating an idea that will never occur.

The Lady Redneck

OK are you saying that each world should open an hour later than the previous one? As there are more worlds that hours in the day how could that work?

Or if your first world was C for example and your second was M. would M open an hour after C for all players? What if someone only played in M would they have to wait that extra hour before they could play? What about those who play in A and B Multiplying all that staggered timing by the number of players in all the different worlds and servers .......... Well sorry but I gotta laugh

DeletedUser15539

No, I'm saying there should be no change to any of the existingworlds. All 25 or 26 of them will still have reset at 1900 hours Central Time. But the next new world opened, call it BB or CC, will have its reset at 2000 hours Central Time.

Algona

Interesting idea. Fun to kick around.

I wonder how many of the heavy GvGers would jump on that world?

100 serious GvGers from each world? 2000+ serious GvGers in one world? Serverllagicus maximus!

Agent327

No, I'm saying there should be no change to any of the existingworlds. All 25 or 26 of them will still have reset at 1900 hours Central Time. But the next new world opened, call it BB or CC, will have its reset at 2000 hours Central Time.

How would that work worldwide?

DeletedUser

It would when it comes to acceptance of changes like this. They changed recalc once and worldwide reaction to that resulted in going back to the old time real fast.
Maybe you haven't noticed, but not all servers have the same number of worlds on them. The US server has the most. What this means is that they don't necessarily open new worlds on every server at the same time. So "worldwide" would not be relevant to this change. Changing recalc across all servers, as they once did, is much different from what it suggested here. It was truly "worldwide". This would not be.

That being said, they won't do it. As pointed out, they messed with recalc once and it worked out as well as New Coke did back in the day. And their history indicates that any changes would be across the board (except, of course, for extended testing of a new feature), rather than restricted to a new world.