1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

One down kit.

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by Kiemlicz, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Kiemlicz

Kiemlicz New Member

Proposal
    Create One Down Kit

Current System
    Currently we have One Up kit only.

Details
    Since resources needed in upper ages are connected to resources from lower ages it would be good if we could "downgrade" our event buildings so it could produce resources from lower ages. The new GB Star Gazer is only delivering goods from previous era and is available in Space Age Mars.

Abuse Prevention
    No chance for abuse since this is reversal of already exciting system (One up kit)

Visual Aids
    N/A

Conclusion
    It would be very helpful to diversify our event buildings and would help with production of goods needed in upper ages, right now the only source of lower goods is market.

2. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

No, again.

The Merchant or whatever they're calling the trade building might be an answer to this alleged problem.

Algona and Stephen Longshanks like this.
  3. barra370804

barra370804 Well-Known Member

I say stop looking for solutions to a non-existent problem

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  4. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

No.

This idea has been brought up before, and I opposed it then. I'll oppose it in the future when it's inevitably brought up again.

If you need a building at a certain age for whatever reason, then leave it at that age instead of leveling it up. And previous era Champions will be less important now that Inno's decided to step on the GvG farming.

barra370804 likes this.
  5. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

There are quite a few Great Buildings that produce lower age goods (for those ME and higher).

6. Kiemlicz

Kiemlicz New Member

@Orius Maximus the proposal works only for the event buildings, if you are in the high age you have no interest in new event buildings since you will get more production of goods you are already producing.

7. Orius Maximus

I'm well aware of that.

It's not hard to maintain event buildings at a particular level, I do it all the time. If you want an event building that's an age behind, then you don't level it up, that simple. New event buildings will be your current age though. If you really need to produce goods from the previous age, then the Star Gazer does just that. Otherwise, GBs make goods from 3 ages behind starting at ME. The only other building here that makes any difference is having Champions of multiple levels for GvG.

8. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Amazing proposal. Can't believe you are the first one to propose this, so unlike you I used the search function.

Idea has already been proposed, voted on and submitted to Inno, but apart from that, great work on your side.

9. KungQu

KungQu Well-Known Member

As Agent has said, this has been proposed, voted and submitted. Perhaps a moderator will show us mercy and close this thread.

10. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I can't sing, but I'd like to join the chorus. No.

11. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

12. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

-1 for the thousandth time.

barra370804 likes this.
  13. Dido 815 the Scourge

Dido 815 the Scourge Active Member

14. Kranyar the Mysterious

Kranyar the Mysterious Well-Known Member

However I will propose an alternative... an All The Way Down kit. Then you have to use one ups to get it where you want.

15. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

Someone here said that Renovation Kits should have the ability to let you choose the age of the Event Building.

16. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

FYI in last FB live this was answered by inno designers. They said NO as going back in ages is against the spirit of the game.....as i type this...inno kinda screwed it up by releasing a gb that gives previous age goods.

I'd rather see a camp selection kit :)

17. Orius Maximus

I don't really agree there, as previous age goods are used for the GE and research. In particular, the GE has the negotiation feature which has been expanded into quest and DC requirements

18. Graviton

All GBs give earlier-age goods once you hit ME, so I don't see how the new one giving previous-age goods is that different. However, all of that is quite different than retrograding existing buildings.

19. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

Yeah unrefined goods...here they made a SAM gb so that if you are in SAM it gives VF goods, which is kindof different + their response for 1 down kit was we don't want to do anything that tries to go back.

20. Graviton

A GB giving previous-era goods is more like other GBs that give unrefined goods than it is like the ability to retrograde production and special buildings. I don't see how Inno has contradicted itself in any way.