• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

One Up Kit - Best Use for LMA

Vonderbach

I have been holding on to a One Up kit and I just moved into LMA and I'm thinking of using it. I have a variety of options, but as far as I can tell the Shinto Temple would be the wisest choice, but I wanted to get some other opinions and possibly arguments in favor of others. Should I be factoring level even though the 1up does nothing to improve that?

Here's what I have currently that can be upgraded

• Shinto Temple HMA Lv 1 (coin, supplies, FP and materials, but only coin and supplies will increase using 1up)
  • Yggdrasil HMA Lv 1 (coin, supplies, FP and 6% attack bonus, but only coin and supplies will increase using 1up)
  • September Cottage IA Lv 1 (coin and pop)
  • Cider Mill EMA (scaled supplies only?)
  • Hammock HMA (Happiness only?)
  • Winter Market HMA (Happiness only?)

Thanks in advance for any opinions

Pickleweasel

I don't really have a recommendation (if the above are the only options, I wouldn't use it personally). What I wouldn't do, however, is use it on a settlement building that isn't already max level. When you get the next upgrade from finishing the settlement the requisite number of times, that upgrade will bring the building to your current era (shinto temple/yggdrasil from your list).

Vonderbach

I don't really have a recommendation (if the above are the only options, I wouldn't use it personally). What I wouldn't do, however, is use it on a settlement building that isn't already max level. When you get the next upgrade from finishing the settlement the requisite number of times, that upgrade will bring the building to your current era (shinto temple/yggdrasil from your list).

This is precisely this type of information I was looking for, thank you. Unless someone else weighs in with a varying opinion, I'm just going to stow it for later use. Sounds like I will need to start working on my Feudal Japan settlement, even though it's my least favorite of the ones available to me currently.

Thanks for the help!

Algona

I just moved into LMA

Unsolicited advice make of it what you will.

Let me preface this by saying that if you are happy with your game state, ignore this post.

Near as I can tell (I looked you up on forgedb) you've been playing 2 month and have no Great Buildings. Based on your option list, you haven't figured out how to complete DCs, or Events, or GE because you don't seem to have many Special Buildings from those sources.

Again, if that is what you want and are happy with, then ignore this post.

You're advancing too fast in Era; a lot of aspects of this game get more difficult as you move up in Era.

If you are interested in further discussion on this I'll be happy to go into detailed advice and reasoning. If not, then best of luck on your current path!

Vonderbach

First of all, I always appreciate well reasoned advice, so thank you. I do have two cities/worlds and I have three GBs on both. Not sure why they wouldn't show up though. I have a Colosseum on both, which I have come to understand is a waste of space. I'm in the process of working to remove that but I need to balance happiness on both cities so I don't lose coin/supply income. I also have LoA on both, and I'm considering removing that when I can get something better to occupy the space. And then I have CoA on my primary city which I'm leveling now, and I have OaD on my secondary city, which is going in the trash first chance I get.

As for DC, I'm going show my ignorance and tell you I have no idea what that is. I try to work on GE every week but I always end up resource poor. I have dabbled in GvG? (Guild Battlegrounds) and found it utterly confusing. I completed one battle last week and didn't see any payoff worth the expense, but I gather there must be greater rewards for greater participation?

As for events, Halloween was the first event where I had the full alotted time. I got very frustrated that I wasnt geting the proper drops (thank you RNG) so I started spending every ticket the moment I could afford a candle. I realize now that in my rush I could have been buying the larger packages and advanced a lot further. Any other advice on this?

Also, your note about advancing too quickly is funny since I stayed in HMA long after I had completed every technology and supporting buildings. I'm glad to know that this is actually a good strategy, sadly I couldn't resist the opportunity to complete a tech on the next age...I need to have more patience apparently. Are there any indicators of when its a good idea to move to the next age? Or should you just stay within the same age for as long as possible? What barriers would I hit that make it necessary to move along?

Thanks again for the advice, it's very much appreciated!

AwesomeAadi10

First of all, I always appreciate well reasoned advice, so thank you. I do have two cities/worlds and I have three GBs on both. Not sure why they wouldn't show up though. I have a Colosseum on both, which I have come to understand is a waste of space. I'm in the process of working to remove that but I need to balance happiness on both cities so I don't lose coin/supply income. I also have LoA on both, and I'm considering removing that when I can get something better to occupy the space. And then I have CoA on my primary city which I'm leveling now, and I have OaD on my secondary city, which is going in the trash first chance I get.

As for DC, I'm going show my ignorance and tell you I have no idea what that is. I try to work on GE every week but I always end up resource poor. I have dabbled in GvG? (Guild Battlegrounds) and found it utterly confusing. I completed one battle last week and didn't see any payoff worth the expense, but I gather there must be greater rewards for greater participation?

As for events, Halloween was the first event where I had the full alotted time. I got very frustrated that I wasnt geting the proper drops (thank you RNG) so I started spending every ticket the moment I could afford a candle. I realize now that in my rush I could have been buying the larger packages and advanced a lot further. Any other advice on this?

Also, your note about advancing too quickly is funny since I stayed in HMA long after I had completed every technology and supporting buildings. I'm glad to know that this is actually a good strategy, sadly I couldn't resist the opportunity to complete a tech on the next age...I need to have more patience apparently. Are there any indicators of when its a good idea to move to the next age? Or should you just stay within the same age for as long as possible? What barriers would I hit that make it necessary to move along?

Thanks again for the advice, it's very much appreciated!
I would go to the next age when you can complete all of GE or most of level 4 of it in auto battle and/or can negotiate all of GE or most of level 4.

Algona

There are five aspects of the game that are the benchmark for a well developed city.

1)doing all DCs; 2) completing every Event, 3) farming Quests, 4) completing GE every week; 5) going deep in GBG on a daily basis.

These 5 aspects provide incredible treasures and underpin rapid city development. They will require designing your city to be able to acquire and level GBs and have good development of the fundamental Resources of the game, Coins, Supplies, Goods, and FPs.

This process does take time, but started as early as Bronze Age and conitnued through the Eras is an effective way to always have a city that can be used to acheive the goals you have for this game.

This is a bootstrap process, you have to develope tools (Coins and Supply production)to develope tools (Goods and FP production and Special Buildings and Great Buildings) to develope the tools (DC, Event, RQ, GE, GBG capability) needed to achieve this.

I have three GBs on both. Not sure why they wouldn't show up though.

Glad to hear you have GBs, sometimes they don't show up where I looked. You'll want to acquire and level GBs that support your play style. Yeah Colo, is not a GB you will want, I suspect some of the Culture Buildings in LMA are more efficient (Happiness / Tile).

I try to work on GE every week but I always end up resource poor. I have dabbled in GvG? (Guild Battlegrounds) and found it utterly confusing.

Speak to your Guild Leader about Guild Battlegrounds (GBG) and Guild Expeditions (GE). If your Guild Leader can't give you useful advice and help developing capability on any aspect of the game, you should consider looking for a Guild that is committed to working with new players.

I stress how important it is for rapid game development to be in a good Guild that supports your game play style and provides help and advice.

As for DC, I'm going show my ignorance and tell you I have no idea what that is.

Daily Challenges. Being able to complete Daily Challenges is a good test of city productivity and balance. It's also great practice for Events. It' also one of the aspects of FoE (GE and Events are two more, there are others) that get a bit more difficult as you advance in Era. DCs are the first 'test' of city development, if you can do DCs you'll garner some useful treasures, if you can't do DCs you're prolly not ready to move up in Era.

Also, your note about advancing too quickly is funny since I stayed in HMA long after I had completed every technology and supporting buildings. I'm glad to know that this is actually a good strategy, sadly I couldn't resist the opportunity to complete a tech on the next age...I need to have more patience apparently. Are there any indicators of when its a good idea to move to the next age?

As noted in my signature, Patience the primary virtue in this game. There;s other nuggets you might find useful in my sig,.

Algona's rule of thumb for advancing in Era:

Given the game gets more difficult as you advance in Era, and due to the ease of acquiring and leveling advanced Era GBs and the great SBs available from DCs, Events, RQs, GE, and GBG, the only reason to move up in Era is to acquire more Expansions to place more GBs and SBs.

This roughly translates as until your city is crammed full with top tier GBs and SBs (which will require mastering those five aspects noted earlier) why advance?

Instead of moving up in Era, you can devote your efforts into developing your city. That will make successive moves up in Era easier.

I know there's a lot to learn, but the depth of thus game is one of the defining features.

Any questions?

Vonderbach

Any questions?

Surprisingly no, you've provided a wealth of information, so thank you! I think I see my problem(s) which relate to avoiding things I found difficult early on. If I stick around in LMA and level everything up, maybe I won't find these things so challenging. I gave up on the DC (thank you for defining that btw) because it seemed hopeless in the early game and I never went back to it. But now I see the strategy and I'll work on maxing out everything in LMA before proceeding.

Wait, I lied. I do have one question related to GBs. You mention that it's easy to acquire advanced GBs? What activities would specifically lead to prints for these GBs? I'm going to be following your advice regardless, but I might want to focus on GB acquisition if there's an area where I should be concentrating.

Thanks again for taking the time to help, it's very much appreciated!

Algona

You mention that it's easy to acquire advanced GBs?

This is compared to even as little as a year ago. Due to the ubiquity of lvl 80 Arcs (Godd ol'Arc, warps everything it touches.) there are a lot of players with a lot of high level GBs providing wealth meaning that you have a lot more opportunities such as:

What activities would specifically lead to prints for these GBs?

Acquiring advanced Era GBs is a matter of finding a set of BPs and the Goods to build the GB.

Because so many people are power leveling (leveling GBs to 50+) GBs any moderately active Guild (again, if your Guild can't help you with this, find a Guild willing to do so) with the opportunity to acquire the BPs you need.

This is done by contributing FPs to a GB to claim one of the top 5 contribution slots on the GB. One of the Rewards for doing so is BPs of that GB. Higher lvl GBS give better Rewards, you can pick up multiple BPs even with the 5th slot on such GBs. This can be surprisingly inexpensive, 10-20 FPs can offer get the 5 slot.

CAUTION! Do NOT, repeat NOT donate to Guildie GBs without permissions, a lot of folk frown on this. Ask your Guild Leader for the Guild's procedure on this.

Along with a set of BPs you'll need ti acquire the Goods. Again, check with your Guild for suggestions. You'll probablu have to buy them (by cntributing FPs to the Goods sellers designated GB). Recommendation do two partial deals for half the Goods, you will prolly be asked to pay your FPs before getting the Goods. The dealer will set the terms (maybe the Era of your Goods, also 1:2 1:1 or 2:1) agree on terms before trading.

Once you have a GB leveling it is a matter of preferred technique. My favorite is finding fixed daily swap partners who are looking for BPs of the GB I am leveling and who will let me pit BPs on a GB I am chasing. Do this for the first X (I go into the 20s) levels thne switch over to 1.9 (ask that Guild Leader!) to power it up.

This is all part of the bootstrapping process. You develop FP sources (FP SBs, FP GBs. GBG, etc...) such that the more FPs you produce the faster your GBs level producing more FPs and faster GBs levels... Slow to start and stupid fast after a while.

----------

One more bit of advice: You have played enough to get a feel for what you enjoy in game. While you should master as many aspects of the game as you can, you should select GBs and SBs and such that suit your preferred playstyle. Simplest example, if you don't fight, Zeus is a waste, if you do fight, it's a top GB.

Anu questions?

Last edited:

Vonderbach

Once again, thank you. I have seen mentions of goods traders in some of the guild discussions and I never really understood how that would work. But it seems most everything revolves around FPs, so that will be my overall focus moving forward. I was having a hard time understanding how people were amassing so many FPs until I started getting my own FP generating buildings and now it all comes into focus.

I have a good guild on one Birka, but Houndsmoor, not so much. Seems I lucked out with the first guild I found early on as they seem active and willing to help, but I clearly haven't asked the right questions. If you (or anyone else reading this) have any suggestions for a good guild on Houndsmoor that would be interested in helping someone with my particular challenges, I'm all ears. Otherwise I'll focus on my primary world for the time being and refine my skills.

Thank you again for donating your time to help this noob! ;)