• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Onerous OF Quest

DeletedUser33036

For story quests

Progressive era: have exactly 1997 population

How on [insert world] am I supposed to do that?

Modern(?) era: had to help a friend "gather 1 of every good from every age upto current age"

Oh boy. So many 1 good for 1 good trades that day
I vaguely remember those, were they story quests, as in they could not be skipped?

DeletedUser29726

For story quests

Exact population quests are some of my favorites! You actually have to think them out rather than just some clicking and waiting!

Modern(?) era: had to help a friend "gather 1 of every good from every age upto current age"

There's a few of those to come still... Yes, they're annoying! Especially if you miss 1 good and have to figure out which :p

DeletedUser29726

This is demonstrably untrue. Just off the top of my head I can think of "donate goods to guild treasury". Who with a Treasury GB does that unless it's a quest/challenge? Not me. Maybe if you're in a bad guild or a one person guild where you didn't plan ahead, but otherwise no. And then there's the dozens upon dozens of Blacksmiths that pop up in cities from Iron Age up to Arctic Future during events. That's not something most of us do on a normal basis, it's just for the event quests. There are also others, like negotiate GE encounters or C-Map sectors (or fight, for others) or build x number of decorations.

It happens regularly in war-minded GvG guilds for specific ages... You often want to fight on maps where you don't currently have an Arc camping it.

DeletedUser8428

If you can believe it there is a quest asking for 10 crayfish productions, which is 10 24 productions from one specific type of production building. It is a story quest so it can not be abandoned. Really guys? Imagine if someone had all event production buildings and had to remove one just to build a worse production option. Luckily I had one of the shellfish farms, but I hope they do not make such specific story quests again. What do you all think?

Your original post had to do with a story quest, not an event quest. I am currently in Colonial. Story quest is to have no military buildings or build one. No need to build any, I have all the current and a couple from the previous. I'm hardly going to have 'none' so I have to build something I don't want/need. Is this what you mean? This happens all over the game. If you don't have space, store something, build it, use it, complete. I mostly try to be sure I have a chunk of space that's not used to allow for this.

DeletedUser

For story quests

I am pretty sure that those were not Story Quests, but Side Quests, and therefore abortable.

Algona

I disagree, most event quests have you do something you were likely to do anyway.

I know I'm likely to build 4 decos, aquire 2 sectors, donate to the Guild Treasury, buy forge points, build residential buildings, complete 5 minute productions 20 times, negotiate 3 sectors, infiltrate 2 sectors, build a production building, finish a 1 hour production 15 times, finish a 4 hour production 20 times, finish 1 of each producion, build Goods building, acquire a province, finish 15 productions in a building from my Era, build 2 residential buildings from my Era, scout a province, build a production building,..

That list was from the first quest line of the Winter Event. Maybe I'm unique, but in 6 years playing across 2 cities, there are tasks on that list that I go months without doing, and some I would never have done without a Quest asking.

How many of those would you npt do in a routine month of play?

Suppose you're camping? Or a player who doesn't like to fight? Or negotiate?

Last edited:

Emberguard

I know I'm likely to build 4 decos, aquire 2 sectors, donate to the Guild Treasury, buy forge points, build residential buildings, complete 5 minute productions 20 times, negotiate 3 sectors, infiltrate 2 sectors, build a production building, finish a 1 hour production 15 times, finish a 4 hour production 20 times, finish 1 of each producion, build Goods building, acquire a province, finish 15 productions in a building from my Era, build 2 residential buildings from my Era, scout a province, build a production building,..
Annnnndddd! Do it in that order :D

DeletedUser13838

It happens regularly in war-minded GvG guilds for specific ages... You often want to fight on maps where you don't currently have an Arc camping it.
Most "donate to treasury" quests that I've seen are for your age or the previous age so what you say applies to players in AF or earlier.

DeletedUser29726

Most "donate to treasury" quests that I've seen are for your age or the previous age so what you say applies to players in AF or earlier.

About half are your age or previous age - and in high ages yes it's pissing away goods for no reason. There are a significant number that aren't age locked though.

Volodya

If you can believe it there is a quest asking for 10 crayfish productions, which is 10 24 productions from one specific type of production building. It is a story quest so it can not be abandoned. Really guys? Imagine if someone had all event production buildings and had to remove one just to build a worse production option. Luckily I had one of the shellfish farms, but I hope they do not make such specific story quests again. What do you all think?
First world problems.

coolmite

I know this is a pretty old post. The reason I just stumbled in here is that I just hit a wall with my story questline. I'm only in FE right now and have no way to build the necessary shellfish farm to complete the quest. Looks like I'll be stuck on the quest for a good long while because I'm not in a hurry to move to AF and then to OF.

DeletedUser32973

I know this is a pretty old post. The reason I just stumbled in here is that I just hit a wall with my story questline. I'm only in FE right now and have no way to build the necessary shellfish farm to complete the quest. Looks like I'll be stuck on the quest for a good long while because I'm not in a hurry to move to AF and then to OF.

I believe quest blocks like this are there on purpose to prevent you from getting units too far ahead in age, among other reasons. I wouldn't be that concerned about being too far head in the story quests though. Why is this an issue for you if you're in The Future?

coolmite

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by 'issue'. It is mostly just that I would like to keep working on the story quest line. Now I will likely have to look at this same quest for about a year (or maybe a little less). Based on my current rate of growth, I'll probably be in FE for another few months and then AF for 6-9 months. Then I'll get to OF where I can finally build a Shellfish Farm to start the process of creating 10 crawfish.

DeletedUser32973

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by 'issue'. It is mostly just that I would like to keep working on the story quest line. Now I will likely have to look at this same quest for about a year (or maybe a little less). Based on my current rate of growth, I'll probably be in FE for another few months and then AF for 6-9 months. Then I'll get to OF where I can finally build a Shellfish Farm to start the process of creating 10 crawfish.

Issue, problem, concern, etc. The way you phrased it indicates you have a problem, and that being you're stuck from advancing further in the story. From my perspective that's not an "issue" since you're trying to do OF story quests in the Future.