• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Opt out of events and daily challenges

Jern2017

No.

Events are an integral part of this game and should be displayed just as story and recurring quests.

The latest events (Summer, Fall, Winter...) were most definitely not "garbage". You may not like them and you have a choice to not complete them. They offered, however, buildings with impressive production/boost per square ratios. I stopped at the quest requiring me to scout a province in the running Carnival event, but I am still using the tickets that are generated on an hourly basis to try and win daily specials and other rewards I deem are worth getting.

Also, I have seen people complain about the events, but not about Daily Challenges being ridiculous. Why would you be tired of seeing the Daily Challenges? They can offer great rewards (FPs, medals, BPs, units, boosts, Shrines and Wishing Wells...). Again, if you don't like them, simply skip them. Although I advise you to use them to determine what you need to work on. You should be able to complete them and if you are unable to do a specific task, try improving your chances of doing it. If you find it hard to donate a certain amount of FPs to a GB, for example, you need to work on your FP production.

If you enjoy advancing through the ages and not having special buildings you get from events, that's fine. There's no wrong or right way to play this game, but do not call events that are here to help you become a stronger player because of the rewards they give ridiculous.

Emberguard

You can already opt out, by not participating you're opting out. DC you can just never open a chest. Event if you want the arrow to go away open one event chest/whatever and you'll never see the arrow again.

Problem with asking to opt out is you've then got to have a way of opting in for those that change their mind and if people don't know where to find that then you've got complaints anyway. And that's assuming it'll never bug and opt out someone that is opted in

Now if your problem is you want more screen space you could ask for that handy hide button that's on the neighbour/friend/guild list to also appear on the quest tabs, the event thing and the active bonuses thing to the right. But for actual opting out? Nah. -1

USDAprimeRib

The last event was the Forge Bowl, if I’m not mistaken, right?

I'm pretty sure they were referring to the Carnival event, which is ending in a few hours. It wasn't as generous as some of the previous events (lots of complaints on the Inno Facebook page about it), but it still gives rewards that are better than having no event (& rewards) at all. I, for one, will enjoy my new military drummer division. There's no obligation to play the events, and not all of them will be big hitters like the Summer, Winter events.

The only complaint I can muster that aligns with this proposal is that the size of the Carnival Event button seems to extend ever so slightly beyond the button graphic, causing me to accidentally enter the event window instead of my profile window :p

Lancer

Moved to Forge Hall for now. The proposal process wasn't completed and so this is just a discussion on the matter. You can still include your "yes or no" replys if you wish. If this proposal becomes completed it can be moved back to the Proposal section.

DeletedUser36572

-1 ...

Consider the screen space both use, the messages management sends, and/or whatever discomfort you may experience ... “Rent Payment” for the use of their servers.

mamboking053

There needs to be a way to opt out of these ridiculous events and daily challenges that people are getting tired of doing and seeing. These events have become almost an ongoing thing with no breather in between. This last event was complete garbage and people deserve the right to be able to opt out of them and not have to see them on their screen for weeks on end. I am tired of having to see these events on my screen when I am not participating in them, getting notifications about them or seeing big dumb arrows pointing to them.

There should be an option in the options to turn off events and daily challenges for people that dont want to participate or have to see them on their screens.

I didn't like the past event, but that doesn't mean they aren't useful.

Events
- can still get daily specials (even though it's harder and most undesirable you still end up with more than you started with)

Daily Challenge
- trains noobs
- offers pretty good rewards for newer players
- offers a chance at some good set pieces
- the Challenger's Chest is worth it- 50 fp and Rogue Hideout are gold to a new player
- you can always skip a daily you don't want while still working your way up to the Challenger's Chest

Other's already pointed out the obvious. If there's one thing this game has taught me, it's to be patient and look for the good in a situation if you are going to continue doing it. This is the first event where I simply relaxed because I didn't really care one way or the other what I got. (focused more on the Spring Event) Same with Dailies. When I get dailies that ask me to unlock or clear provinces for what it considers "A Lot of Coins" I kinda breathe easy because it's one less thing to keep track of that day.

DeletedUser37581

There needs to be a way to opt out of these ridiculous events and daily challenges that people are getting tired of doing and seeing.
What you meant to say was, "that I am getting tired of doing and seeing".

If you are getting tired of doing events and DCs, then don't do them. That's a pretty simple solution to that small problem.

But the question remains: How does your proposal help the game?