• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Option to Make Trades Outside Your Guild Only

DeletedUser34350

Make an option in the marketplace so trades will only be posted for non-guild members. In other words...the opposite of the current option of posting trades for guild members only.

Some guilds have restrictive trade policies which don’t allow the use of the games fair trade option. This can be remedied by posting trades only for outside the guild.

DeletedUser31206

1: You need to please put this into a proper format

In order to maintain a sense of uniformity in all submitted ideas, it is requested to follow the following format when posting new threads in the Proposals section. In including the following information in your proposal will ensure smooth exchange of ideas. Please include the section headers to make it easy to check the format.

NOTE: As of January 2015, we will move improperly formatted proposals to Forge Hall for discussion. The voting and submitting process is difficult with improperly formatted proposals. It is perfectly fine to discuss a proposal in Forge Hall prior to formal submission here. Do not create your proposal with a poll, unless instructed to do so by a staff member.

Many examples of properly formatted proposals can be found here: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/submitted.76/

Proposal Format

Proposal
Briefly outline what your proposal entails.

Current System (if applicable)
The system that currently exists in-game that is being replaced or improved by the feature you are proposing.

Details
Here you should give the details of your idea, explaining how it works, why you've suggested it and all other information you feel is necessary to convey the importance of the addition of your proposal.

Abuse Prevention
If there are any avenues for abuse that open with your proposal, state any safeguards present in your idea that closes them.

Visual Aids
Post any images you have created to demonstrate the implementation of your proposed feature. Please remember that any images posted must fit within the file size restrictions specified in the Forum Rules.

Conclusion
Any final comments to try and gain your proposal the favour of the community.
(Before Darth Mole or anyone else complains about me pointing this out I'm writing this while it's in the proposal forum and I am pointing it out in an attempt to help)

2: As it has already been mentioned this has been proposed before by a lot of different players.

3: My vote is no for you really don't want to restrict who helps you with your trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31652

I for one vote a resounding yes. it would solve many, many trading issues.

Algona

I vote no.

One of the few things keeping a lot of would be unfair trade spammers from the hood and friends is pressure from Guildies who don't want to see the spam.

DeletedUser32397

who don't want to see the spam.
Remember... There are THOUSANDS of people on each server. Tens of thousands. Now if each person had just ONE trade up, that's already ONE THOUSAND PAGES of trades. I vote no.

DeletedUser

Remember... There are THOUSANDS of people on each server. Tens of thousands. Now if each person had just ONE trade up, that's already ONE THOUSAND PAGES of trades. I vote no.
This proposal wouldn't change the fact that you would only have access to trades from guild, friends and neighbors. It would just add a non-guild trade option.

I'm kind of ambivalent on this. As a player, I share the concerns about being spammed with unbalanced trades. As a guild leader, it would solve the problem of players that insist on posting unbalanced trades in their favor.

Triopoly Champion

As a guild leader, it would solve the problem of players that insist on posting unbalanced trades in their favor.
There's really no need to post unfair trades which will only result in oneself being kicked out of the guild.

I can post fair trades that are strongly unbalanced in my favor such as:

my 20 paper for your 40 brass
my 40 gunpowder for your 20 tar
my 20 ropes for your 40 alabaster
my 40 honey for your 20 bricks

The trading police cannot complain about them.

I always wait for someone else to post unfair trades in my favor, Lucifer1904 gave me 30 porcelain, I returned him 60 alabaster. I know he's in Colonial and doesn't have an EMA event goods building in Mount Killmore. Actually, considerable amount of his Colonial goods landed in my inventory with me giving out only Limestone and Ebony. He's a diamond player but he cannot purchase the alabaster continent deposit boost, so I win.

Triopoly Champion

Not one of these trades is unbalanced in your favor. Which only reinforces the impression that you don't understand this game.
Nice, if I offer you 300 paper, you will give me 600 brass. I can reach Industrial Age very soon.

If I pay 10 forge points, pretty much any of my higher era guild mate will give me 300 paper because there are too many of them already.

You should ask how many paper and brass Lucifer1904 has in his inventory, I always go after him. I should enter the Industrial neighborhood where those desperate Brass buyers live.

I'm only in Colonial Age for 4 days -
Forge of Empires - 4th Day in Colonial.jpg

Do you negotiate GE?

View attachment 9143

INA is my current era, CA and LMA were both 2K before I advanced and it wasn't near enough. With RQs, GBs incidents, treasure hunt, WWs all moving up in age with you you quickly dwindle previous eras goods in GE. I'm being 100% honest with you and not trying to troll you in anyway. Even if you do not negotiate any of GE I do not think your current stock pile will even be good enough for the tech tree and is certainly not enough for a CA GB.

If you've been doing all this trading down though, where is it reflected in your stockpile? Are you just doing the math and thinking you could turn over 100K goods from FE-LMA? I think if you'd try it you'd see how difficult it is to find all ages trade partners.
Still remember Manda the first and his needs for brass.
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...-alabaster-from-my-guild-leaders.21311/page-6

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Nice, if I offer you 300 paper, you will give me 600 brass. I can reach Industrial Age very soon.
If I had 600 Brass to spare and didn't already have an overabundance of Paper, of course I would make that trade. It's at the standard 2:1 ratio for trading between adjacent ages. I don't get why you think that's unbalanced. You act like you'd be getting away with something if I took that trade from you. Which is why I say you must not understand the game. o_O

DeletedUser28676

I dont get some of the negative feedback from this idea. You guys make it sound like we're swimming in options. Whenever i check the market for specific items i need, 95% of the times there's only the npc ripoff. That's why i rarely bother checking anymore and just post trades i need, which usually a guildmate pickups. To me, the friends/hoods market is close to dead, has been so in all athe ages above iron age, and one of the reasons is exactly the guidelines some guilds have.

Personally, i would love to have options (even if a bit unfair) when checking the market, and im pretty sure im not the only one.

DeletedUser31206

I dont get some of the negative feedback from this idea. You guys make it sound like we're swimming in options. Whenever i check the market for specific items i need, 95% of the times there's only the npc ripoff. That's why i rarely bother checking anymore and just post trades i need, which usually a guildmate pickups. To me, the friends/hoods market is close to dead, has been so in all athe ages above iron age, and one of the reasons is exactly the guidelines some guilds have.

Personally, i would love to have options (even if a bit unfair) when checking the market, and im pretty sure im not the only one.
I think you don't know the difference between fair and unfair trades for I have absolutely no problems in any of my cities in finding fair trades. Yes there's lots of unfair trades out there, but there's also a lot of fair trades.
Here's some examples of fair trades:
Need 20 basalt offer 20 silk
Need 20 basalt offer 40 silk
Need 20 basalt offer 10 paper
Need 20 basalt offer 40 paper
Need 20 basalt offer 40 dried herbs

Triopoly Champion

I think you don't know the difference between fair and unfair trades for I have absolutely no problems in any of my cities in finding fair trades. Yes there's lots of unfair trades out there, but there's also a lot of fair trades.
Here's some examples of fair trades:
Need 20 basalt offer 40 silk
Need 20 basalt offer 40 paper
Those trades are unfair to yourself, so the guild leaders will allow them.

If I had 600 Brass to spare and didn't already have an overabundance of Paper, of course I would make that trade. It's at the standard 2:1 ratio for trading between adjacent ages. I don't get why you think that's unbalanced. You act like you'd be getting away with something if I took that trade from you. Which is why I say you must not understand the game. o_O
Plenty of neighbors will offer 20 Textiles or 20 Whale Oils for my 40 Brass after I reach Industrial Age, they won't do that for the paper.

Neighbor's 20 silk for my 40 alabaster or 20 gunpowder for my 40 ebony have been quiet frequent during the past month.

There are tons of more paper on the market because CA goods are the unrefined goods from Modern Era, LMA goods are more valuable to the 2:1 ratio since less people producing them relatively.