• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Option to Sort Friends and Guild by Age

Would you like to be able to sort player lists by Age? Primarily for Truce Tower Aiding.

• YES

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glockgemini

Idea:
I would like to be able to sort the Guild and Friend members bars by the Age they are in. (Browser and Mobile)
Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, I tried searching several variations and nothing showed up. I read all the DNS.

Reason:
This is primarily for using Truce Tower Aiding but can be used for other reasons

Details:
The member bars have always been sorted by FOE point rating but I find that point ratings and the Age a player is in are only slightly related. When looking for players in a higher age than I, I have to tediously check every member before I Aid them to get the higher age goods from Truce Tower. I could Aid much faster, especially on the browser version. Personally, I would just leave it on sorted by Age. This could be made an option in the settings box. Sort Player Lists by Age: [ X ]

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
No effect.

Abuse Prevention:
No abuse possible.

Summary:
Not a huge issue but a very helpful one. Aiding everyone normally takes about 5 minutes. Sifting through the guild and friends lists to find the higher age ones and Aid them and then go back and Aid everyone else takes 20+ minutes. Considering the slowly exploding popups and the automatic zoom-in after setting productions, this is something that players could like.

Report ?

Nice2HaveU

what about neighborhood? you are happy with the order in it. you can still aid them too for truce tower. Only for friends and guild will have inconsistency.

Aid much faster why? what is making you hurry to do it faster? looks like needed sort by age in which you did not care whom you are aiding but need goods benefits from them. Faster means obviously you wouldn't care to look, just click or touch the Aid button. I like the way how it is currently listed. Sorry myself did not like the idea. Having this idea makes no harm but keeping in the settings that much necessary, myself feeling like *not so important*.

Graviton

Details:
The member bars have always been sorted by FOE point rating but I find that point ratings and the Age a player is in are only slightly related. When looking for players in a higher age than I, I have to tediously check every member before I Aid them to get the higher age goods from Truce Tower.
With regards to the Truce Tower, you're still going to have the situation where players in higher Ages have buildings of lower Ages (for instance, Blacksmiths) that you may end up aiding. Unless you're going to manually visit each city and then manually choose what building to mopo, sorting them by Age on the Friends list isn't going to help any more than sorting by points.

Glockgemini

what about neighborhood? you are happy with the order in it. you can still aid them too for truce tower. Only for friends and guild will have inconsistency.

Aid much faster why? what is making you hurry to do it faster? looks like needed sort by age in which you did not care whom you are aiding but need goods benefits from them. Faster means obviously you wouldn't care to look, just click or touch the Aid button. I like the way how it is currently listed. Sorry myself did not like the idea. Having this idea makes no harm but keeping in the settings that much necessary, myself feeling like *not so important*.
The Hood is going to be my Age and I have enough higher Age Friends and Guildmates to use up my Tower. What is difference between 15 minutes and 5 minutes? Ten minutes I could use doing something else.

Glockgemini

With regards to the Truce Tower, you're still going to have the situation where players in higher Ages have buildings of lower Ages (for instance, Blacksmiths) that you may end up aiding. Unless you're going to manually visit each city and then manually choose what building to mopo, sorting them by Age on the Friends list isn't going to help any more than sorting by points.
There is no controlling other peoples buildings and spending more time examining them is fruitless. In my observations, all the higher age players get me goods in their age.

Graviton

There is no controlling other peoples buildings and spending more time examining them is fruitless. In my observations, all the higher age players get me goods in their age.
Then you haven't been doing it for very long. I frequently get Bronze Age goods from high-Era players. Taking my time to manually select a building to mopo would not be fruitless, but it would be more time than I'm willing to invest. In any case, that's the only way to avoid mopoing the lower-Era buildings of high-Era players.

So again, sorting by Age isn't going to be any different than sorting by points when it comes to aiding.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Say, during an Event, you need to Aid 30 or 40 players. I would prefer to aid the higher ones first and keep them happy.
Those are most likely the ones with the higher points anyhow and that is only one reason, not reasons.

Only way to use the Truce Tower the right way is to aid manually, or not care about the age of the goods you get.

Then you haven't been doing it for very long. I frequently get Bronze Age goods from high-Era players.
Not just those. SoK's aare high in priority and I for one see no readon to upgrade them to my current age, just to get more coins.

So again, sorting by Age isn't going to be any different than sorting by points when it comes to aiding.
I totally agree. There can always be players that are an exception to that, but that is not enough reason for this to be a great game changer I think.

JoyfulRider

Idea suggested if it is not meant to add in setting menu, could have vote yes. But voting No from my side. It is only for the players who get benefit from truce tower, rain forest and seed vault. Logically getting those GBs take some time for naive players. For a player, who doesn't like or didn't place the GB it is quite unenthusiastic to use that setting.

Also "aid" is meant for giving help, but it has been made us to think in reverse like "taking something".
aid the higher ones first and keep them happy
IMO it should be other way around for the people who are behind us to get aid. Going manually makes sense most of the time. Anyways, game can be played however we want.

Glockgemini

Idea suggested if it is not meant to add in setting menu, could have vote yes. But voting No from my side. It is only for the players who get benefit from truce tower, rain forest and seed vault. Logically getting those GBs take some time for naive players. For a player, who doesn't like or didn't place the GB it is quite unenthusiastic to use that setting.

Also "aid" is meant for giving help, but it has been made us to think in reverse like "taking something".

IMO it should be other way around for the people who are behind us to get aid. Going manually makes sense most of the time. Anyways, game can be played however we want.
Sure, the option is useful for those that have the GBs that would benefit from it. If you don't need it, you never have to look at it. And its not a "taking", its a bonus reward for aiding, just like the coins and rare BPs.

Glockgemini

Those are most likely the ones with the higher points anyhow and that is only one reason, not reasons.

Only way to use the Truce Tower the right way is to aid manually, or not care about the age of the goods you get.

Not just those. SoK's aare high in priority and I for one see no readon to upgrade them to my current age, just to get more coins.

I totally agree. There can always be players that are an exception to that, but that is not enough reason for this to be a great game changer I think.
What sane defense is there against the What If game? I have been keeping visual track of goods I get and very few are of lower ages. Again, if I don't want to spend an extra ten minutes just manually selecting the players by age, why would I consider spending an extra 30-40 minutes opening every city and hunting for the highest age available building??? The auto sorting by age would save me time and get me 90%+ higher age goods, which is fine for the busy player.

Glockgemini

Actually, I find it makes very little sense to spend all that time to sort manually because I find myself missing players that I had to skip over. If it was auto sorted, I would know where to stop in the guild and friends and then go right back there and start up again and finish the rest. It makes no sense to complain about something that you never have to look at or mess with if it doesn't help you. Of all the non game affecting suggestions I have read, this is the most useful.

Glockgemini

This one is a bit hard to follow. With all the activities in the game, why would you not want to get a necessary activity over faster? True, if I didn't have any GB that had an aiding bonus, I wouldn't care who I was aiding. Nobody in a sizable guild with at least 80 friends ever misses out on getting all their buildings aided, unless they have 50 decorations. Yes, I have a life and chose just to click the Aid button because I don't have an hour to open every city and hunt down the highest age building.

Johnny B. Goode

The auto sorting by age would save me time and get me 90%+ higher age goods, which is fine for the busy player.
No, it won't. I know this from experience. Both the Blacksmiths that @Graviton mentioned and the SoKs that @Agent327 mentioned are just two examples of why not. Other examples would be event buildings that are purposely left in a lower age to have a steady income of goods from that age, or players that still use decos or cultural buildings and have been lazy about keeping them current. I have 3 cities with the Truce Tower, and I guarantee that your 90% figure is too high. Even if you went to each city and aided manually, you might not get that high a percentage consistently. because they might not have enough current age buildings that you can motivate.

Glockgemini

Even if I had to open a city to see what I can Aid, it is still much faster if the lists are sorted by age. My Friends list has higher age players all the way to 110 and the guild list to about #50. At worst, it hurts nobody and is still quite useful.

I like the idea. But you can do what I did in my most advance world, Drop everyone below your current age (and the age before that one) and only send/accept friend requests from those in ages you want the goods from.

Status
Not open for further replies.