• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Other army units have lots more defense than my units

FriarTuck

I'm nearing the end of the Industrial Age. My troops have attack scores higher than opponents in the provinces I want to attack--but the opponent's defense scores are many points higher than my units. Is there some way other than Zeus, Monte, AAchen, to raise defense?

Algona

SBC does not work to raise attackers defense.

Aside from the GB Terracotta Army, look for Special Buildings like lvl 1 and 2 Sentinel Outpost, lvl 2 Gate of the Sin God. Road to Victory, and a bunch more.

FriarTuck

Thanks. I knew about Sentinel Outpost but it is hard to find. Gate of the Sun God doesn't supply help till level 2--which is also hard to find. I'll keep an eye out for Road to Victory. Can you think of others I might miss? Anyway, thanks again. Axelroder

P C C

The Ancient Obelisk (secondary building from the Egypt settlement) also gives defense boost to your attacking army. I've got four level 4 and working on a fifth. And the House of Horrors from the current event does too.

FriarTuck

Thanks to wontn23 and PCC! I probably got the one upgrade to the Sun God Gate when I was foolish enough to finish level 4 of the GE. Perhaps I'll have to try again. I did not know about the Ancient Obelisk but I'll try it when (if) I can finish the Viking one. Thanks again, Axelroder

Beorn Bear

I'll keep an eye out for Road to Victory.
The Road to Victory is something you get fragments of at the end of a GBG round as part of the overall rewards, but your guild has to be competing in at least Platinum League. Amass enough fragments and you can build it, but it only provides rewards/boosts when attached to a Statue of Honor. Much like the cars of the Winter Train. Here is a link to the FOE Wiki page about it: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Road_to_Victory

wontn23

Thanks to wontn23 and PCC! I probably got the one upgrade to the Sun God Gate when I was foolish enough to finish level 4 of the GE. Perhaps I'll have to try again. I did not know about the Ancient Obelisk but I'll try it when (if) I can finish the Viking one. Thanks again, Axelroder

I do GE 4 every week and I'm on my 8th Viking settlement. I plan to max out my Yggdrasil.

Lord Pest

The Ancient Obelisk (secondary building from the Egypt settlement) also gives defense boost to your attacking army. I've got four level 4 and working on a fifth. And the House of Horrors from the current event does too.

I’m working on my fifth too. Egypt is the easiest Settlement to do and finish with the best time reward. I’m working on #18 now. A maxed ancient obelisk provides your attacking army 6% defense and anyone can get one...mans more than one

FriarTuck

The Road to Victory is something you get fragments of at the end of a GBG round as part of the overall rewards, but your guild has to be competing in at least Platinum League. Amass enough fragments and you can build it, but it only provides rewards/boosts when attached to a Statue of Honor. Much like the cars of the Winter Train. Here is a link to the FOE Wiki page about it: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Road_to_Victory
WOW! That is very helpful information--and some I can start sing soon. So much to learn. Many Thanks. Axelroder

wontn23

I’m working on my fifth too. Egypt is the easiest Settlement to do and finish with the best time reward. I’m working on #18 now. A maxed ancient obelisk provides your attacking army 6% defense and anyone can get one...mans more than one

and the leveled up Royal Bathhouse is a great SB