• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Other worlds

DeletedUser31155

From Facebook I'm given the choice of entering the world I'm in or to go into another world. I'm really new to this ... Day four ... So I just don't yet know much. Is there a benefit to entering another world? Do you loose the city you're building? Any help is appreciated.

DeletedUser26120

You don't lose the city you're currently building, no. You can have multiple cities on multiple worlds, 1 city per world.

For some the benefit is getting more diamonds from quests. Many players have 1 "serious" world and several for diamond farming.

Diamonds are the only thing that carry over across worlds on the same account.

DeletedUser31155

Thank you both. I will continue in my current world...This morning I just broke into the Iron Age...quicker than I anticipated. I think after this age I'll start a new world or two and explore how that can be beneficial. I also want to develop my army to be stronger...most frustrating aspect and biggest cost of the game so far...I'm not fighting right now...I'm in a building phase.

Rhyyss

I have cities on three worlds - one "main" city and two others to try out different strategies or for fun. One is a pure military focus, and the other will be the most glorious city never to leave the Bronze Age.

DeletedUser36572

I started game recently and have only played one world. Where does it identify what world I am in?

Do different worlds have advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks for any help regarding worlds you can offer, and forge on.

DeletedUser3882

I started game recently and have only played one world. Where does it identify what world I am in?

Do different worlds have advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks for any help regarding worlds you can offer, and forge on.
On the login page... After you login, the screen shows:

Welcome back, here are the worlds you’ve already played in....

Below that, “Or start a new game in a suggested world...

Below that is a drop down menu:
“Play in a new world you haven’t discovered yet”

In this bottom selection, you will see all of the worlds, in Alphabetical order (except Angkor at the very bottom. This is the newest world, which restarted the alphabet)

Other than Angkor, the alphabet follows the order that worlds were released. A, B, C are the first, and therefore oldest worlds. You’ll find the most experienced players here whereas X, Y, Z (and Angkor) are the newest with younger players (and older ones with alternate cities)

All have their own benefits depending on what you’re looking for. You may be able to find friendly older players/guilds to help you along in those older worlds, you may have a better chance at figuring things out on your own in a newer one with less experienced players around. On the flip side, you may feel overwhelmed in some older worlds...

There’s never a “right or wrong” way to play this game and never feel you need to catch up to or keep pace with any of these top ranked players. That will surely get you in some trouble advancing too quickly or making some mistakes along the way.

Here on the forums, it’s mostly how to find a strategy that works for you (there are many) and make your city as efficient as possible.

DeletedUser33179

Take all the time you need in Iron Age & each one beyond that. One of the best things a player can do, allowing plenty of time to learn the game & gradually build your city. Worst thing a player can do (& plenty have done so, unfortunately) is to rush the tech tree & campaign map.

RazorbackPirate

When I started my two cities within weeks of each other, I just went to whatever worlds they suggested and I ended up with a city on R (Rugnir) and W (Walstrand). R is an older more established world, while W was still pretty new when I started my city there.

The two biggest differences I noticed was first, the price of goods. R, being the more established world, has much lower goods for FP prices than W. Depending on the Era, goods on W can go for twice as much as the same goods on R. I've seen the price of goods drop on both worlds, but W still has less active players than even Z, so goods prices remain much higher than on R, with R's prices dropping faster.

Second, being a new world, W had (at the time) a higher percentage of experienced players starting new worlds vs. new players (complete noobs) like me. In this dynamic, I found the experienced players very helpful and very generous with both their time and resources to help me understand and advance in the game.

I got my Arc prints from the guy with city #01 on the server. Started the second Inno opened the world. He'd message me to let me get 4th or 5th on his mid-level Arc for less than lock-in then jump on behind me to level it so I got the rewards. When it was in the 70's he'd message me again, I needed to lock in, but he'd throw me a big chunk of FE goods for helping him level. We traded for the final chunk of FE goods I needed to build my own Arc the night we flipped his Arc to 80.

I added a player to my friends list when I was looking for Chat prints who accepted immediately, then spent the next two hours messaging with me, offering tips and tricks, and helping me understand the the game better as we discussed strategies for advancement and success. I didn't know it at the time I friended him, but he was #2 in ranking, he remains in the top 10, and on my friends list today.

A long time swap partner who was in CE at a time, would only let me pay 87 FPs for an entire goods set to build Inno. I tried talking her up to no avail. Cape goods were a steal at 37 FPs. I paid 38, just so I could complete one 'Spend FP RQ'. Today on W, 550 FPs is a deal for Inno goods.

Each server I'm on has it's own dynamic. At least for now.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Although if you’re a brand new player probably that last post will be bewildering, it’s worth coming back to later...
Thanks and you are correct.:)

I am finding most people are helpful and have already referred to Pirate's post. I have cities in two worlds and I am trying two different strategies. Also, trying things in one world, making mistakes, and learning what to avoid in the other world has been quite helpful.

I like learning what I can where I am at in the game, and over time, with exposure, it's starting to make sense. Everything I find now is also a new discovery, so that is kind of nice at the moment as well.

Forge On!