• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Over-donated to treasury

punkferret

I accidentally donated way more goods to the Guild Treasury than I intended to donate. Is there any way of getting them back?

Pericles the Lion

I've wondered why clicking the Guild Treasury donation is not answered with a confirmation window before the donation is captured (like spending diamonds or selling a building). If the amount over-donated is significant I'd send a message to support. It never hurts to ask. The worst they can do is say no.

Emberguard

I've wondered why clicking the Guild Treasury donation is not answered with a confirmation window before the donation is captured (like spending diamonds or selling a building).
A lot of the confirmation windows were introduced retroactively, or in the case of deleting buildings changed later on. Guild Treasury probably just hasn’t had many requests for confirmation, particularly in more recent times now that there’s so many Guild Goods sources.

Once the Observatory was introduced the need to donate would have gone down, not everyone played GvG, and GE came later on. The hardcore players likely would have been the main ones doing manual donations, with other players only donating if a quest required. Perhaps people are more careful on donations due to being irreversible?

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
This sounds like an excellent suggestion for improvement, once we reopen the area :) Do you feel like a confirmation before donating would have solved this?

Ebeondi Asi

There should be a survey.. i would definitely vote no.
totally off topic ... I hate the fact a negotiation in the Continental Map is instant. When doing a lot in a row fighting, I get distracted and hit Negotiate ... Grrrr.. Sometimes if is really damaging to give up the recent goods. But I would not ask for a message, it would just be one more nanny thing to have to endlessly click on for other players....

I do like the message in the Antiques Dealer though.
And another place a message would be good is the opening pop up. One's own Worlds are at the top and others offered below. Accidentally hitting the new World is so annoying. Having a pop up asking do you want to start another World? to block new Worlds, Only ask a message if a player already has a world they play.. In the 2.5 years i have played, I have accidentally hit a new World maybe a dozen times.. and it is annoying! It wastes Inno's time and data, my time and is all around bad.
If this is too much static feel free to delete it.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Having a pop up asking do you want to start another World? to block new Worlds, Only ask a message if a player already has a world they play.
An alternative to implementing a popup, could be to place a cancel button on the loading screen (the same as the newly implemented contact support button, but on a different spot on the screen), and/or a way to delete the world with immediate effect during the tutorial.

Ebeondi Asi

An alternative to implementing a popup, or a way to delete the world with immediate effect during the tutorial.
The ability to delete the selection immediately is a good alternative. What is so annoying is having to at least do the tutorial, and work on it enough to be able to get to the screen where it can be deleted, then having to wait a week or so for it to vanish.

Last edited:

punkferret

I've wondered why clicking the Guild Treasury donation is not answered with a confirmation window before the donation is captured (like spending diamonds or selling a building). If the amount over-donated is significant I'd send a message to support. It never hurts to ask. The worst they can do is say no.
An alternative to implementing a popup, could be to place a cancel button on the loading screen (the same as the newly implemented contact support button, but on a different spot on the screen), and/or a way to delete the world with immediate effect during the tutorial.
This sounds like an excellent suggestion for improvement, once we reopen the area :) Do you feel like a confirmation before donating would have solved this?
Yes, I think that would have helped. Thank you all for your replies on this.

Agaselle

Yes, is always the answer to help each other getting over those pot holes in the game. When players have accidents , still a fire truck symbolizes the event , and first aid has to be provided in any case. Though , the police needs to take notice at once and check if others have simular issues with the game mechanics......// greatings gaselle.....