• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Overwrite mode

Kranyar the Mysterious

I am having an issue on the forum here where everything I type is in overwrite mode. This doesn't happen elsewhere in my browser or in any of my other programs. Is there a way to turn it off, or does anyone know what might be causing it?

Vger

Hit the Insert key and see if it toggles back. Ins(ert) is the standard hotkey for toggling insert/overwrite mode.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Hit the Insert key and see if it toggles back. Ins(ert) is the standard hotkey for toggling insert/overwrite mode.
Yes, that was the first thing I tried. Still doing it. I'd think that if that was the problem it should be doing it everywhere, not just on one website?

Vger

Yes, that was the first thing I tried. Still doing it. I'd think that if that was the problem it should be doing it everywhere, not just on one website?
Sorry, can't help much more than giving that sort of standard answer. Weird one, because insert mode shouldn't even be a thing controlled by a website. It 's a browser thing (normally). Have you tried a different browser?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Sorry, can't help much more than giving that sort of standard answer. Weird one, because insert mode shouldn't even be a thing controlled by a website. It 's a browser thing (normally). Have you tried a different browser?
I closed my browser earlier and reopened, and the same. I just force killed via task manager, and now the issue is gone. Must have been a Chrome bug or something. Thanks for trying to help!