• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Past age troops

Tony 85 the Generous

What do you do with the past age troops? Not just previous age, but the ages before that? Is there a way to sell, trade, or train them up to current age?

Tony 85 the Generous

I thought GvG wasn't available on mobile?

If I put them in my army past GE1 encounter 8, they are slaughter. The stonethrowers are killed with one attack.

Agent327

Then leave them or delete them. Those are your only options. You can not sell trade or train them.

DeletedUser31499

You can put them on your city defense. Lots of players prefer to use 2 Iron Age spearmen.

You can put them on your city defense. Lots of players prefer to use 2 Iron Age spearmen.
  1. Spearmen aren't a thing , you mean spearfighters I presume
  2. Spearfighters are Bronze Age units not Irion Age
  3. Two Spearfighters is the automatic defense but in place , you do not own those spearfighters
Thats just bad advise , the only option is to , as @Agent327 has said above , is to leave them or delete them.

EDIT : Actually it might be best to leave them till you get a quest asking for a unit to be deleted.

Lj5095

Did your “brother” teach you how to spell Iron? I noticed he had the same mistake on his Jul 5th post concerning Best Units. See #2 on the previous post and @WinnerGR Jul 5th post. I know the alt account has already been suspected, seems even more reason for me to believe that now.

Did your “brother” teach you how to spell Iron? I noticed he had the same mistake on his Jul 5th post concerning Best Units. See #2 on the previous post and @WinnerGR Jul 5th post. I know the alt account has already been suspected, seems even more reason for me to believe that now.
No , it would be the other way round , I taught him to spell ( well school did but I aided him ) but I think the recan for that would be the auto-correct on this device which is rather weird.

DevaCat

No , it would be the other way round , I taught him to spell ( well school did but I aided him ) but I think the recan for that would be the auto-correct on this device which is rather weird.
That's odd, I could swear Winner said you were his younger brother, but nm. My auto-correct screws up all the time, I just take the time to manually edit before I hit the post reply button. You know, kind of a courtesy to anyone who might be trying to understand what I'm trying to put out there.

On topic: don't do the 2 spear fighter or lower age defense army thing; using your best same-age or higher units on the da is a more effective deterrence.

Before the upcoming pvp changes, you could use your lower age units against your neighbors' 2 spear defense armies and take places on a tower appropriate to the age of the units you used, possibly winning a few medals. After the pvp change, doesn't look like there will be continent towers to do this with.

Other than GvG, I'd just ignore and keep them. You never know when Inno's going to get a wild hair and decide to make something useless (or long-since deleted) worth having again!

Ericness

A fun thing I do with old troops sometimes is equip them and see how far up the hood I can fight. Feel free to plunder without remorse while you're at it. Don't remember who, but someone on here came up with that idea before and I've really taken it to heart.

Just An Observer

I would rather not plunder and get the Aid and 70 coins going on. Some Daily Quests call for beating armies so that is when I look for the lowest rated Neighbors to do so with. I also send them a message letting them know what happened. They have so little and need what they have so why take it from them? Then the traded Aid resumes and everyone is happy.

Be nice :)

Tony 85 the Generous

I'd just ignore and keep them. You never know when Inno's going to get a wild hair and decide to make something useless (or long-since deleted) worth having again!
True. I have never sold all of anything inthe AD. Looks like I was right to do so now.

Maybe Inno will offer a building to retrain (RENO) troops, one at a time per day likely.

Tytan the Great

I usually use it to plunder the hood, first level of ge, or just delete them. No point holding on to them. It actually slows me down in gbg having to scroll and find the right troops.

Falconwing

A fun thing I do with old troops sometimes is equip them and see how far up the hood I can fight. Feel free to plunder without remorse while you're at it. Don't remember who, but someone on here came up with that idea before and I've really taken it to heart.
I've recently been using old troops in GE for fun. I'm in Modern and I got to the last temple on GE 3 with Colonial troops. It was fun taking out tanks with Musketeers. Finished GE 4 with Industrial.

Tytan the Great

I've recently been using old troops in GE for fun. I'm in Modern and I got to the last temple on GE 3 with Colonial troops. It was fun taking out tanks with Musketeers. Finished GE 4 with Industrial.
I've used ranger of colonial for modern era tank with surprising good result.

AnnieEliza

What do you do with the past age troops? Not just previous age, but the ages before that? Is there a way to sell, trade, or train them up to current age?
I save them for early levels of GE. I'm pretty sure mine are coming from my Royal Bathhouse. Hopefully I'll quit getting them as soon as complete my next Egypt and level it up