• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pay Diamonds to Change Continent Deposit Bonus

DeletedUser28670

tuckerkao, this conversation will never go anywhere.

Diamonds is on the Do Not Suggest List.
Ironically, if anything else except diamonds were used to unlock new continent map boosts, people would say that the price for changing the boost would be too cheap.

Basically, this means that this proposal is forever going to be in Forge Hall.

Triopoly Champion

How about spending 200 granites for switching the continent bonus to granite?

Continent Deposit Bonus Requirement -
1st time: pay 200 granites
2nd time: pay 250 basalts (for basalt continent deposit bonus)
3rd time: pay 300 porcelains
4th time: pay 350 fertilizers
5th time: pay 400 gasolines

If allowing players to switch the same continent deposit bonus unlimited amount of times, it'll be much like when buying a forge point for 200 coins is extremely cheap the first time.

When click the change deposit bonus button, it'll say: "Are you sure to change the deposit bonus for this province, you'll lose "_________" and "_______________" will produce less "_________".

There's no more needs to modify the diamond usage now because players can buy the goods using diamonds already.

It's important to get feedbacks, so I know where my proposal needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

This idea is more like a battle negotiation. If you have to pay 200 goods for every continent deposit change, then it won't be cheap especially for some people who keep changing their minds.

If Inno wants players across the servers to run low on goods, this maybe a good idea. What's the percentage of the total players that will pass the test of collecting 200 granites?

If players think 200 granites are nothing, then 250 basalts are nothing, 300 porcelains are nothing, 350 fertilizers are only a little, then all of the stuffs can be gradually shoveled away inch by inch.

Given the fact if you cannot directly pay 200 alabasters for a granite production right, although trades can be possible.

What era are you in to see granites, if I pass through Colonial Age, granites will no longer be that important.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

How about spending 200 granites for switching the continent bonus to granite?
200 granite is nothing if you're playing right.

As Lord Muggle says- 200 is nothing.

I have 2 BA cities, 2 IA cities, 2 EMA cities, and then my main. My oldest secondary city is about 3 months old. I never ever bother posting a trade at less than 100. (Maybe it is 50:100 or 100:50 if I am going up or down an era.) 200 is nothing!

In Y, which has only been open like 5-6 weeks, I have about 800 of each BA good, about 100 of each IA good, and about 200 total EMA goods. And I'm still in BA. With 0 production buildings. All from Recurring Quests. Oh, and I've built a SoZ, ToB, and LoA. And I didn't start until almost a week after Y opened.

If you use recurring quests to your advantage, then you have plenty of all 5 goods. If you RQ with production buildings, you end up with a surplus of your boosted goods, but still plenty overall. One of my EMA cities has about 700 of my non-boosted but 1500 of my boosted goods I produce. And I complete the GE every week, mainly negotiating.

Goods should never be a problem in the earlier ages. Once you get to refined goods, things are trickier, but not impossible.

wolfhoundtoo

I think the idea that "Inno" is trying to manipulate the goods markets is giving them too much and too little credit. They guide the players towards spending diamonds via the events, the structure of the tech tree (the amount of goods needed for example) and the goods being needed for GE, the goods donations, the sector negotiations and the scouting (and no doubt i'm forgetting a bunch). They don't need to play games with the random assignment of goods deposits because it's random (admittedly they don't have to all have equal chances but there's no real way to test how that's done by the playerbase) and the simple truth is certain of the goods buildings are bigger and certain of them are required in higher numbers for the tech tree and the great buildings. People being people most will no doubt go for the smaller buildings because that takes up less space in their cities.

The goods buildings are meant to assist many players that don't (or can't for mobile players) go into chat, don't really spend much time on building a decent friends network and the random nature of the hoods. Keep in mind the most desirable goods are likely going to an individual players closest friends and guild mates rather than some random player in their hood.

Also ultimately inno no doubt wants you to get involved with other players....because that's likely what keeps players here longest.

Freshmeboy

In answer to that statement,Wolfhound, I say I have based my theory about the rarity of goods by observing incoming 'classes' of players who are racing through the ages with little GB strength and no camping time...it is these players that come to my hood and by checking what THEY are in need of I can see the pattern of rarity emerge...that's why camping is good; each 'class' has a different rarity and then can be traded with for those you lack. I may be wrong, but I have been observing this now for over a year...

wolfhoundtoo

In answer to that statement,Wolfhound, I say I have based my theory about the rarity of goods by observing incoming 'classes' of players who are racing through the ages with little GB strength and no camping time...it is these players that come to my hood and by checking what THEY are in need of I can see the pattern of rarity emerge...that's why camping is good; each 'class' has a different rarity and then can be traded with for those you lack. I may be wrong, but I have been observing this now for over a year...

Your data set is incomplete and relies on a false assumption: that what they need they can't build themselves. You are failing to consider that many players will only build the smaller goods buildings because they 'trade' at the same rate in most cases (1 to 1). Also you can't possible be considering the various usages of the goods. for example in PE the traz is rather popular........so therefore the good that the traz needs the most of will be in demand a lot because more of it is used in that GB. In each of the ages did you look at the tech costs and see which goods and how much of each are needed? That too will impact the 'need'. Then you bring in GVG and GE which will be based on the guild membership which means those needs will be impacted by the makeup of that group as well.

Also you'll be amazed at how many people won't want to rebuild the city so will build only what they can do with minimal to no alterations to their city.

Last edited:

Freshmeboy

Try it yourself and I think you will observe the same thing...Upper era players probably don't have this issue but (if you can) check out the lower eras and watch the change in every class as to their wants and needs...If I am static and they are moving but the rarity is a different good with each new hood shuffle can you use that to make a hypothesis...?

Falconwing

OK, here's the thing I just don't like about the idea.
Yeah, you can pay 200 Diamonds for a BP. That to me means you found a guy who has the BP you need and he wants 200 Diamonds for it. Simple and straight forward business transaction.
But, you want to change the type of resource a sector produces, say it makes copper ore but you want it to produce gold nuggets. What are you doing, paying some people Diamonds to dig up all the copper ore and replace it with gold nuggets, or did you find a Wizard to cast a spell and change the copper to gold?

DeletedUser31440

OK, here's the thing I just don't like about the idea.
Yeah, you can pay 200 Diamonds for a BP. That to me means you found a guy who has the BP you need and he wants 200 Diamonds for it. Simple and straight forward business transaction.
But, you want to change the type of resource a sector produces, say it makes copper ore but you want it to produce gold nuggets. What are you doing, paying some people Diamonds to dig up all the copper ore and replace it with gold nuggets, or did you find a Wizard to cast a spell and change the copper to gold?

They do have Alchemists in HMA, so maybe it's possible?

Algona

I;ve been in my Guild for nearly 3 years While the core of the Guild has stayed the same, we've had scores of players drift in abd out. Also I;ve sold Traz Goods to Guildies since Jab 2016. My observations are:

many players will only build the smaller goods buildings

Every new player falls into this trap. Some never climb out. I suspect this is the single biggest factor in the scarcity of various Goods.

Remember Ardak? He used to spam Fertilizer Plants because he knew he could always trade it away. My startup had Stone and Limestone. Never bothered with the others, necause they are always in demand.

because more of it is used in that GB.

This is the second biggest factor in Goods scarcity. I've been in CE for half a year. CE players have access to three Goods sources and still Robots and Electromagnets (needed for Inno Tower) are always in short supply. I produce both, Hoodies snap up trades offering either within the day.

As a long time Traz salesman it's all about Machine Parts, Explosives, and Gasoline. I was lucky enough to produce MP and Exp while in Prog, and never had any problems trafing for the other three. 41 Traz sold (Only a dozen Chateaus, bit that's another topic,), so i've collected a lot of earlier Era Goods. Which supports the first point, I've got a lot more Paper then anything else.

look at the tech costs

Through PME the Goods needed for Tech are balanced, but that's across 4 Eras. I haven't taken a real close look at the needs per Era though.

----------

I don't see a need for being able to switch Goods Deposits. A reasonably mature ciry of any Era has multiple ways to produce Goods, such as GBs, Special Buildings, farming RQs, and trading.

My LMA city is still on the HMA Continental Ma and I have not unlocked 4 of the Goods production on the Tech tree. No Goods buildings, don;t need 'em. I average 80 LMA Goods per day due to 3 Goods GBs, 3 WWs, random GE ptizes, and farming a dozen RQs per day. Since those payouts are all random, I have a balanced inventory of all LMA Goods

I see this Proposal as the author needing to learn the game, not INNO needing to change the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30312

This is the second biggest factor in Goods scarcity. I've been in CE for half a year. CE players have access to three Goods sources and still Robots and Electromagnets (needed for Inno Tower) are always in short supply. I produce both, Hoodies snap up trades offering either within the day.

As a long time Traz salesman it's all about Machine Parts, Explosives, and Gasoline. I was lucky enough to produce MP and Exp while in Prog, and never had any problems trafing for the other three. 41 Traz sold (Only a dozen Chateaus, bit that's another topic,), so i've collected a lot of earlier Era Goods. Which supports the first point, I've got a lot more Paper then anything else.

It may depend partially on world too. For example, I've heard Purified water is a much sought commodity on Jaims. This makes that Basalt deposit on my map worth it when I reach FE.

DeletedUser25795

I just wish the buildings were the same square usage. Some can be double the size of others in the same age. And If like me you build enough for end game that means you could be stuck with a big one for 3 ages. (works in your favor if you get a small one like paper though then you mass produce them and trade them up/down ages as required.) Too much luck based for me though.

Triopoly Champion

No. The whole random nature is part of the game's challenge.

Does the distribution of deposits suck sometimes? You bet it does! Looks at what the game has given my main city:

BA: Stone, Dye
IA: Jewelry, Ebony
EMA: Honey, Alabaster
HMA: Glass, Salt
LMA: Basalt, Brass
CA: Tar, Porcelain

Ugh. Of those, Stone, Ebony, Basalt, Brass, Tar and Porcelain are bigger than the other goods building of their age, which gives me less reason to want to build them. No space saving goods like Iron, Rope, or Paper. I did get a break with Honey, since it's the smallest EMA good, but I've never even researched the EMA goods, leaving them for event requirements. Instead, I use GBs and special buildings, exploit recurring quests, plunder my neighbors, and trade for what I need. I have sufficient goods for my needs.

Maybe Orius Maximus has a smaller total city space despite already reaching Colonial Age for being unlucky of earning less expansion slots, I'm only in HMA, I can fit in 1 more basalt mason south of the butcher and 1 more brass foundry south of the Cathedral of Aachen. Tear down 1 of the stone masons, then build a porcelain manufactory.

As far as the concern of the population, I can upgrade all of the houses to gambrel roofs, each will hold 259 people. Tower of Babel is likely to a big saver.
Forge of Empires - HMA Fully Motivated City.jpg

I have enough goods to unlock LMA Great Swords
http://i68.tinypic.com/25gglkp.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

Not my city, but it is my friend I recruited to the game. I'm using his so I don't have to search for a good HMA city. Anyway, here is a better example of how an HMA city should look. Not perfect, but he is pretty new (started in August).

24993635_10215255716495391_2345883142256804214_n.jpg

Salsuero

Screen shot 2017-12-10 at 9.03.51 PM.jpg

I prefer not to have any tech tree houses, personally. I also don't like having goods buildings. I do like that everything is fully aided every day though. Makes it easier when you have less things requiring aid (such as all those houses) -- after the event, I'll add more Alchemists to replace the Blacksmiths though. I help introduce some of the new/inexperienced folks in our guild to GvG, so I have some Iron Age barracks to help out with that, but I keep them flexible if the guild needs me for GvG in EMA or HMA.