• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pay Diamonds to Change Continent Deposit Bonus

Triopoly Champion

Someone offered his 30 porcelain for my 60 ebony with only 1 forge point involved in the deal, this wasn't the first time happened to my limestone and stone masonry productions. My guild requires fair trades, but I'm allowed to accept any trades on the market if those turn out to be super beneficial to me.

There are almost no limestone and ebony offering in my entire HMA neighborhood. Tons of irons with fair quantities of jewelry and cloth.

I accepted a guy's 20 dried herbs for my 40 stones just 3 days ago. Another lady offered 20 ropes, I paid back only some Bronze Age goods.

I must say I really like the 2:1 or 1:2 ratio restriction because it has worked too much towards my favor. Many people want to trade across 2 or 3 ages and don't want to perform more than 1 single trade.

By allowing more people to pay goods or diamonds for limestone and/or ebony continent deposit bonus will only make my game more fair, no lotteries. Consider those people who are willing to pay for certain continent deposits are the serious producers for that specific goods.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

This is a strategy game, if you let people choose their own goods deposits to boost it would take away from the overall strategy. At least for me part of the enjoyment of this game is learning the shortfalls built in and figuring out a way to beat them. For goods production this can either be over production and selling at a slight loss in the market to get your trades or producing through alternate means that don't need goods buildings. This seems to me like entering in a cheat code and will only serve to cheapen the experience of beating the game within it's own restrictions.

Triopoly Champion

For the military unit healing, you can even pay diamonds to even revive them. Maybe that should be taken away because the overall strategy of the game is meant to be realistic and challenging.

Since there are so many worlds available, I only play the worlds that has the continent deposit bonus I want. If I don't play certain worlds for months, they'll be deleted automatically, then restart to reselect the continent bonus again. I can reach the Iron Age continents easily within 2 weeks.

A real person cannot be healed 4x-6x faster if has been wounded on the battlefield just to pay more to the hospital.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

For the military unit healing, you can even pay diamonds to even revive them. Maybe that should be taken away because the overall strategy of the game is meant to be realistic.

A real person cannot be healed 4x-6x faster if has been wounded on the battlefield just to pay more to the hospital.

The point isn't realism it's maintaining a healthy level of strategy to make a functioning city. Healing a few troops doesn't change the overall strategy of a game, changing the resource that you're given access to can change it drastically. Aside from that though, how will the change in deposit effect your goods deposits in later ages that are tied to earlier deposits? When changing one deposit you're either going to have to change all that are affected going forward or be left with boosted goods that don't help because you changed the original boosted good that the future ones are based off of. This change is not as simple as you seem to think it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28670

Pretend all you want, @tuckerkao that this proposal will go on to Proposals and then get passed. I think I need to quote my own post again...
tuckerkao, this conversation will never go anywhere.

Diamonds is on the Do Not Suggest List.
Ironically, if anything else except diamonds were used to unlock new continent map boosts, people would say that the price for changing the boost would be too cheap.

Basically, this means that this proposal is forever going to be in Forge Hall.

wolfhoundtoo

It could go on to proposals and get passed...........doesn't mean Inno will implement it. I'm quite willing to bet quite the opposite but it doesn't hurt anything to try and find a version of the idea that can get thru the proposal system. Many proposals that pass voting don't go anywhere.

DeletedUser

Aside from that though, how will the change in deposit effect your goods deposits in later ages that are tied to earlier deposits?
This is another good point against this whole idea. Later in the game, you get additional early age boosts. What if you've changed to one you also get later? Just play the game as it is.

Algona

almost no limestone and ebony offering in my entire HMA

Ummm,you want to change th game because you can't get Goods from 2 or more Eras back from your hood? Seems like maybe you could put some effort into Friends and Guild to solve your problem?

will only make my game more fair

I don't see how it could be more fair then the present state: We all get dealt cards from the same deck. Not quite sure how stacking the deck is fair...

because the overall strategy of the game is meant to be realistic

I must have missed where INNO said that this game is meant to be realistic.

Really? Seems to me you have this exactly backwards. Clinical death, massive trauma, and all but the slightest wounds heal much faster with expensive medical care. Or why you need health insurance.

Boss, I dig you want your Proposal, and I understand exactly why. But this is one of those cases where what might be good for a player is not good for the game.

DeletedUser28670

Ummm,you want to change th game because you can't get Goods from 2 or more Eras back from your hood? Seems like maybe you could put some effort into Friends and Guild to solve your problem?

I don't see how it could be more fair then the present state: We all get dealt cards from the same deck. Not quite sure how stacking the deck is fair...

I must have missed where INNO said that this game is meant to be realistic.

Really? Seems to me you have this exactly backwards. Clinical death, massive trauma, and all but the slightest wounds heal much faster with expensive medical care. Or why you need health insurance.

Boss, I dig you want your Proposal, and I understand exactly why. But this is one of those cases where what might be good for a player is not good for the game.
I second your post fully.

Erm, I don't get why @tuckerkao says realism is in FOE either.
Let's see.
I can add "Forge Points" to my "Great Buildings", one of which is a prison in a city, but it still gives happiness and makes units out of thin air.
I can build cottages that can have 73 people living in them.
It also seems like I can move my buildings anytime, with no cost. Hmm.
I can stay the leader of my civilizazation for thousands of years. Without dying.

Seems ... realistic. Doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Freshmeboy

I understand some of his logic here...it's not so the game is fair for him...it's to thwart the 'rare' goods deposits that are in every age. His claims that there is no ebony or limestone in his hood is common..waiting till the next class comes up will probably change that. It may be awhile if those players are all camping. By allowing a deposit change, players don't have to accept unfair trades or buy the goods needed for advancement or GB erection. This could also be abused by those that change the deposit and build vast production cities to take advantage of the market...either way, it doesn't fit the scheme of INNO's plan and is doubtful to be implemented...

Triopoly Champion

I don't have any problems getting limestone or ebony, this is my continent map in Mount Killmore.
Forge of Empires - Ideal Continent Deposit Bonus 1.jpg

I sold my 60 ebony to Lucifer1904 and got 30 porcelain back earlier this morning.
I sold my 50 limestone to another person in my guild and got 25 silk this evening.
Should the cost of those goods be this high?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't have any problems getting limestone or ebony, this is my continent map in Mount Killmore.
View attachment 8927
I'm guessing that isn't the world you were referring to here:
There are almost no limestone and ebony offering in my entire HMA neighborhood.
If it isn't the same world, then the fact that you have the deposits on Mount Killmore is irrelevant to Algona's comment. And if it is the same world, then the reason you are having goods deposits issues is that you are way, way behind on the Continent Map. I'm betting on this not being the same world you were referring to in your HMA neighborhood comment. Either way, you didn't help your side of the debate. :cool:

Triopoly Champion

It's the same world if you want to see the screenshots of my entire monitor. Had to post thumbnails which are too wide for the forum screen. Also, I can fight the battles just fine. If you think it's okay to sell stuffs 4x or 8x times expensive to other people, then I'm all right with it. Own a very small town and still be able to enter LMA trouble free.
Forge of Empires - HMA Limestone Production.jpg Forge of Empires - Inventory.jpg
Note: It's impossible to produce 20 limestone without continent deposit bonus.

This is my tech research tree -
http://i68.tinypic.com/25gglkp.jpg

Iron Age Legionnaire Battle.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It's the same world if you want to see the screenshots of my entire monitor. Had to post thumbnails which are too wide for the forum screen. Also, I can fight the battles just fine. If you think it's okay to sell stuffs 4x or 8x times expensive to other people, then I'm all right with it. Own a very small town and still be able to enter LMA trouble free.
View attachment 8928 View attachment 8931

This is my tech research tree -
http://i68.tinypic.com/25gglkp.jpg

View attachment 8930
So your city is in HMA, but you are only in Iron Age on the Continent Map, and you're here trying to make a proposal about goods deposits? That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen on the Forum. And proof that you don't know how to play the game and apparently don't care to learn. I think we're done here.

Triopoly Champion

I try to test how long I can keep going up the tech tree without any advancement on the Iron Age continent to see how unbalanced powerful for owning Stone, Limestone and Ebony.

Because some people are unwilling to construct 4x4 goods buildings and unable to switch their continent deposit bonus using diamonds, I end up taking away all of their benefits associated to limestone and ebony. If you think it's fair to run the monopoly of goods business in a neighborhood like this, watch other neighbors complaining about the shortage of goods and then take advantages on them, then the game mechanics work the way it should.

Did you see how many EMA goods I have in inventory with 0 continent deposit bonus?

wolfhoundtoo

that's not a flaw in the basic system.....but simply that people don't want to establish the necessary trade networks and friendships needed to fulfill their goods requirements. Plus many people want goods NOW rather than having to plan ahead appropriately. What I know is that when I was in those ages (on 3 worlds) I had no problem filling my goods needs because I had a decent guild, a decent friend network and last but not least I made sure to plan ahead. I didn't wait till I was ready to use those goods to go looking for those goods. That isn't the system being unfair. Players need to actually plan things for this game. :eek:

Algona

Wrong yet again. Good players don't need Goods Buildings.

Did you see how many EMA goods I have in inventory with 0 continent deposit bonus?

Nothing to be ashamed of. pffft. Who am I kidding? That's pitiful.

But still no reason to change the game. .

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

Wrong yet again. Good players don't need Goods Buildings.
You can collect 20 limestone from a level 11 Lighthouse of Alexandria, but that's not the case for 99% of the Iron Age players.

I should say: You cannot produce 20 limestone at once from a limestone mason without the continent deposit bonus. Choice would be 1, 2, 4, 6. Of course, you can plunder someone else's.

that's not a flaw in the basic system.....but simply that people don't want to establish the necessary trade networks and friendships needed to fulfill their goods requirements. Plus many people want goods NOW rather than having to plan ahead appropriately. What I know is that when I was in those ages (on 3 worlds) I had no problem filling my goods needs because I had a decent guild, a decent friend network and last but not least I made sure to plan ahead. I didn't wait till I was ready to use those goods to go looking for those goods. That isn't the system being unfair. Players need to actually plan things for this game. :eek:

You can see my most important friends' city. My condition is already better than him. He doesn't have the gold continent deposit bonus and is producing gold daily along with the copper foundry and beekeeper.
Friend's City.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

You can collect 20 limestone from a level 11 Lighthouse of Alexandria, but that's not the case for 99% of the Iron Age players.

I should say: You cannot produce 20 limestone at once from a limestone mason without the continent deposit bonus. Choice would be 1, 2, 4, 6.

Or you earn them from Recurring Quests completely free....

BA city. Opened 10/28/17. Four GBs- Oracle, Zeus, ToB, and LoA. (Traded up for LoA goods) ABSOLUTELY NO GOODS BUILDINGS. (I do get some goods from my GBs.) Been slowly trading up so I can put down a CoA. I'm trying to do it only by taking guildmates' trades. Not posting my own and not going outside the guild.

25152198_10215263963061550_1009335583054831636_n.jpg

Triopoly Champion

I opened up my Mount Killmore world during mid-Oct 2017, I have St. Mark Basilica and Cathedral of Aachen in addition to the 4 you stated.

200 Glass = 1600 Stone on a fair trade scale.

I do agree it's great that JCera setup his own scenario to play in Bronze Age. His neighbors will see him ranked #1 on the neighborhood list.

If the diamond purchase were made available for the continent deposit bonus change, it's really impact that specific player the most.

So your city is in HMA, but you are only in Iron Age on the Continent Map, and you're here trying to make a proposal about goods deposits? That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen on the Forum. And proof that you don't know how to play the game and apparently don't care to learn. I think we're done here.
I don't have to upgrade my city every era until I enter an age that I really like and want to stay for a while. It'll waste me too much supplies for renovation of my entire city every week. I earned my Black Tower by conquering Tyr(a Bronze Age province) to fulfill the #45 Halloween Quest using Mercenary and Legionnaire, pretty much just a 5-minutes job.

I can sweep the entire continent with the mixtures of 4 Colonial rangers, 4 dragoons and 4 grenadiers without losing a single of them(8 max units at once). Just because everyone else renews up to their current era, doesn't mean I have to do it too, the key is whether I'm able to enter the next era or not.

I don't want to touch the EMA continent yet until I'm guaranteed to get Granite and Alabaster.

I won this battle without losing any of my units in the Guild Expedition -
Tucker Kao's HMA Army.jpg

Nothing to be ashamed of. pffft. Who am I kidding? That's pitiful.

But still no reason to change the game. .
If I had stayed in EMA for 2 more weeks, I'd own much more EMA goods. I want to reach the Future Era, an age I really want to play for months or years.

Last edited: