• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pay Diamonds to Change Continent Deposit Bonus

Algona

O'm in MK and have taken a good look at your city. My analysis:

This:

I opened up my Mount Killmore world during mid-Oct 2017,

Plus this:

I don't have to upgrade my city every era until I enter an age that I really like and want to stay for a while. It'll waste me too much supplies for renovation of my entire city every week.

Plus this:

If I had stayed in EMA for 2 more weeks, I'd own much more EMA goods. I want to reach the Future Era, an age I really want to play for months or years.

Equals what appears to be one of the classic traps new players fall in. Racing up the tech tree too fast.

Any reasonably good experienced player can point out the ptoblems with tech racing and tell you how to fix your current problems, but it won't do any good until you recognize that you need the help. Until such realization, carry on! Because maybe you are the genius who can find the answers to the inherent problems of tech racing where so many others failed. Good luck with that. Seriously. It would be really cool for someone to crack that problem.

Meanwhile please quit trying to change the game until after you learn the game.

DeletedUser31592

Equals what appears to be one of the classic traps new players fall in. Racing up the tech tree too fast.

Any reasonably good experienced player can point out the ptoblems with tech racing and tell you how to fix your current problems, but it won't do any good until you recognize that you need the help. Until such realization, carry on! Because maybe you are the genius who can find the answers to the inherent problems of tech racing where so many others failed. Good luck with that. Seriously. It would be really cool for someone to crack that problem.

Meanwhile please quit trying to change the game until after you learn the game.

Yup!
I'm not in BA because I love Blacksmiths and making helmets! I hate it actually. But I'm experienced and I know a good foundation is key. I've been playing for almost 3 years and I'm still not in Future in my main! I could be, but I've learned from my mistakes. Since I don't want to drop real money on the game, no rushing for me.

Every time I open a new city, I typically do it with some type of experiment in mind. In Y, which is the screenshot of my goods inventory, I decided I wasn't leaving BA until I had a fully upgraded tavern. In the past, I've struggled with upgrading since I was completing all 4 levels of the GE. Not much silver left to upgrade. And at times I've had to wait a day to buy a boost for the GE! (As a matter of fact, Y is the only secondary city with a fully upgraded tavern and it is the newest!!) I finally got it upgraded last Tuesday and will age up today after the GE starts. I'm already pleased with the results my patience awarded me. I have a fully upgraded tavern and I already have 50K in silver stockpiled. I will never have silver issues!!

OP- do you know the difference between refined goods and unrefined goods? By rushing the tree as you are, you are setting yourself up for some major issues down the road.

DeletedUser

Did you see how many EMA goods I have in inventory with 0 continent deposit bonus?
Which is a strong argument against your proposal, except you won't see it that way. LOL
You can see my most important friends' city. My condition is already better than him. He doesn't have the gold continent deposit bonus and is producing gold daily along with the copper foundry and beekeeper.
So your "most important friend" doesn't know how to play the game either? What's your point with that?
I do agree it's great that JCera setup his own scenario to play in Bronze Age. His neighbors will see him ranked #1 on the neighborhood list.

If the diamond purchase were made available for the continent deposit bonus change, it's really impact that specific player the most.
Apparently you skipped the part of his post where he said he has no goods buildings.
I won this battle without losing any of my units in the Guild Expedition -
So you beat 7 EMA/1 HMA unboosted light units with 8 HMA boosted heavy units, without losing a unit? You must be the next Napoleon, or Alexander the Great! What would be really amazing would be if you did lose a unit in that battle. LOL
If I had stayed in EMA for 2 more weeks, I'd own much more EMA goods.
Well, duh.

DeletedUser31440

Just to give you some perspective about how your city is doing. This is from my IA city on E that I started on September 10th of this year, so that makes it 93 days old, I've never built a goods building on this world and have no plans on ever building one. I don't recommend this build for many people, but it is a planning build that will allow me to jump through later ages without much to any worry about anything, hopefully.
E - 12-12-17.PNG
E - Goods Inventory.PNG
E - Active Trades.PNG
First 3 pages of trades are IA to BA, page above is CA to LMA, next two pages are LMA to HMA and last page is EMA to IA.

Not posting this to brag about the city, but to help you understand that the people commenting on this thread generally know what we're doing and have a reason to suggest what we do. This proposal is pointless, the game is not broken, your merely playing it incorrectly if you want to be succesful in the future.

Triopoly Champion

OP- do you know the difference between refined goods and unrefined goods? By rushing the tree as you are, you are setting yourself up for some major issues down the road.
That's from the modern era on, I can build many colonial age stuffs in the modern era city, The great buildings should be able to offer all 5 of the unrefined resources for me to produce the refined goods. I believe getting an Arc isn't that hard in Progressive Era.

Why am I suppose to always build current age structures only if the tech tree requires goods from 2-3 eras back? If I can produce them myself, why trade my upper age goods down for them?

Bronze Age Blacksmith are most useful to complete event quests.

Which is a strong argument against your proposal, except you won't see it that way. LOL
Well, duh.
By just producing limestone and ebony(the 2 most rare IA goods), I can trade up for all 5 types EMA goods, because lots of people in EMA, HMA and LMA need them for researching the techs. I can produce Iron age goods in LMA, so I don't stuck on the tech tree. Almost all people in my neighborhood are willing to trade for limestone and ebony. My Strategy probably won't work with iron.

This is from my IA city on E that I started on September 10th of this year, so that makes it 93 days old.
The granite stock is particularly low.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

That's from the modern era on, I can build many colonial age stuffs in the modern era city, The great buildings should be able to offer all 5 of the unrefined resources for me to produce the refined goods.
Good luck with that. If you run 8-hour cycles, you are using 30 unrefined goods for each goods building per day. GBs will not provide you enough to produce. Not even close. Not even if you trade the goods when it gives you ones you don't need.
Well, I suppose you might get enough unrefined goods if you level all good-producing GBs up to like level 40 or so. But that is highly ineffective as well.

Triopoly Champion

I always run my building productions in 24 hours basis. Use a Renovation Kit(I have 3 in my inventory) on my Black Tower will give me refined goods directly if in the correct age. Will get more buildings like the kiosk when I reach another age(own an EMA Black Tower and HMA Royal Cascade now).

Rain Forest Project offers more goods productions per hour.

Only 1 more upgrade, then I have the best Tavern possible, glad so many friends come to visit daily, had to empty them at least 4 times per day -
Just Emptied my Tavern Half an Hour ago.jpg
Maybe I got the right friends who always need limestone and ebony. At least the 2 sitting in my tavern are very important to all of you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

I always run my building productions in 24 hours basis. Use a Renovation Kit(I have 3 in my inventory) on my Black Tower will give me refined goods directly if in the correct age. Will get more buildings like the kiosk when I reach another age(own an EMA Black Tower and HMA Royal Cascade now).

Rain Forest Project offers more goods productions per hour.

Have you looked at how goods required for research scales as you age? If you have, how do you think a few special buildings and producing early age goods will work when you're needing a few hundred goods per research?

If you make the choice to continue as you are playing, go for it, but please realize that this proposal is neither required nor desired.

Triopoly Champion

Doing more friend, guild and neighbor aiding. Dynamic Tower should be able to get me enough refined and unrefined goods.

If I reach at least Progressive Era, then trade up for Tomorrow Era or Future Era goods are possible.

I don't see anything wrong if Inno has 1 more way to earn money from the continent deposit bonus. Nobody will be required to spend diamonds, it's totally optional. I never spend diamonds on collecting all of my stuffs at once, but why that feature always shows up?

"Pay 5 diamonds to instantly auto-collect all the finished city productions" -> required or desired? Inno implemented that feature only for few rich people.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

LOL
How high would that GB have to be to do that?
LOL

That wouldn't even matter. Max you can aid would be, what, 299? 140 friends + 79 guildmates + about 80 neighbors. (Although many times my hood has more like 70 or so).
Unless all of your friends and your entire guild is in OF so you can trade down, that is definitely not going to cut it!

DeletedUser31440

It is but I also have 500 CA goods I'm trading down, so about 4000 EMA goods when all is said and done. I'm also in IA though and have never had any goods buildings...

Doing more friend, guild and neighbor aiding. Dynamic Tower should be able to get me enough refined and unrefined goods.

If I reach at least Progressive Era, then trade up for Tomorrow Era or Future Era goods are possible.

Good luck, let me know how that works out for you.

"Pay 5 diamonds to instantly auto-collect all the finished city productions" -> required or desired? Inno implemented that feature only for few rich people.

That feature is purely for saving people time, it doesn't effect the overall game balance, I hope you can see the difference.

Please note I'm not trying to dissuade you and your game style, personally I'd like for you to continue as you have and give us updates on how well it's going for you. I just don't imagine the results will be very spectacular for you, but what do I know?

DeletedUser31592

Have you looked at how goods required for research scales as you age? If you have, how do you think a few special buildings and producing early age goods will work when you're needing a few hundred goods per research?

If you make the choice to continue as you are playing, go for it, but please realize that this proposal is neither required nor desired.

Gosh. I wish it were so simple! I'd be up to LacLongQuan's level due to all the FPs I'd earn selling Traz and Chateau goods.
But... wait.. we all would. Supply/demand would make all of those goods worthless.

DeletedUser28670

Let's see yours.
I think that his total goods stock is higher, eh?
:p :p :p :p
Methinks your dreaming.

Okay, tuckerkao, I'm going to get real here. Feel free to get offended.

always need limestone and ebony.
You and your bunch of friends aren't playing right. Or they aren't playing efficiently. Period.

This proposal isn't needed, nor is it allowed.
Instead of making new proposals to satisfy your wishes, maybe listen to all the good advice in this thread instead of blatently boasting about your city and how easy it is to get an Arc in PE.

Triopoly Champion

I hadn't played Jaim for more than 1 month, it had the wine deposit bonus on the first continent. I went in today and had to re-scout that province, it's boosting the marble rocks now. So the continent deposit bonus in fact changed in Jaim. If the re-scouting option can be made available, it'll be nice. I'm okay with re-scouting the province as long as all the sectors are unconquered.

You and your bunch of friends aren't playing right. Or they aren't playing efficiently. Period.
CAPTUREd.png
Hopefully you still remember this image that you posted exactly a month ago(Nov 12, 2017), and I got the 2 great buildings you included here. Are you still suggesting this specific layout 1 month later now?

Last edited:

DeletedUser28670

always need limestone and ebony.
I hadn't played Jaim for more than 1 month, it had the wine deposit bonus on the first continent. I went in today and had to re-scout that province, it's boosting the marble rocks now. So the continent deposit bonus in fact changed in Jaim. If the re-scouting option can be made available, it'll be nice. I'm okay with re-scouting the province as long as all the sectors are unconquered.

Hopefully you still remember this image that you posted exactly a month ago(Nov 12, 2017), and I got the 2 great buildings you included here. Are you still suggesting this specific layout 1 month later now?
Please note that I rearranged that layout with your buildings to help you then. Also remember that I posted that that wasn"t perfect. That does not mean it's efficient, just that that city layout was more efficient than your old one.

Triopoly Champion

Entered LMA for 1 hour, that's all I need for the entire era as of now.
76 ropes, 23 salt, (48 gunpowder, 98 ebony), (15 silk, 100 limestone), (40 brass, 60 iron), (64, talc powder, 110 jewelry), (80 basalt, 70 cloth).

Ropes are the easiest HMA items to buy from trade. I'll acquire 98 ebony and 100 limestone for sure after 5 more days.

Almost nobody here gives the attentions to my EMA Black Tower(I still have it in LMA now), but that was really the 1 made breakthrough of the tech race, and it'll come handy in Colonial Age as well.

Triopoly Champion

So your city is in HMA, but you are only in Iron Age on the Continent Map, and you're here trying to make a proposal about goods deposits? That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen on the Forum. And proof that you don't know how to play the game and apparently don't care to learn. I think we're done here.
I just got a quest "Win 10 battles", I can use HMA units to fight Iron Age units, so I'm advancing on the continents now.

Reserved those for the event or daily quests, it's useful now.