1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Pay using Coins instead of diamonds for expansions in Cultural Settlements

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by Kent the Helpfull, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kent the Helpfull

Kent the Helpfull New Member

Proposal

To be able to pay using Coins instead of diamonds in the cultural settlements to be able to get the expansions to make it easier to complete the settlement within the first 16 days

Current System

Only can buy expansions using diamonds

Details

same as above in the proposal

Abuse Prevention

None that I can see. Just to ability to possible complete the settlements faster and get the buildings or pieces of the buildings.

Conclusion

Faster completion of settlements especially when more settlements become available.

2. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

Currently you can use goods too why use diamonds?

Graviton likes this.
  3. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

You got the abuse wrong. That itself is abuse. The settlements are supposed to be challenging. You can already unlock the expansions with Cultural Goods. No need to spend Diamonds.
    -1 No way.

4. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

Changes regarding diamonds is on the do not suggest list.

5. Clara Osgood

Clara Osgood Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Mount Killmore, Noarsil, Rugnir, Sinerania
    If you honestly feel you need to use diamonds for anything, then you haven't yet learned well what to do or not do in order to complete settlements efficiently. Keep working on it.

6. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

Do not suggest list

• Building rotation
    • Server Clock
    • Bronze Age, Arctic Future, or Oceanic Future in GvG
    • Any Unit Upgrades
    • Anything that is already available through Diamond purchase
    • Anything changing the production times for supplies, coin, units, etc.
    • Changes regarding Diamonds (costs of items and features, package prices, use of diamonds, etc.).
    • Suggestions to change size of Forge Point Bar (100+)
    • Trading between resources (supplies for coin, coin for medals, etc.)
    • Any proposal to alter, delete, or limit plundering
    • Additional expansions in any way
    • Ability to prioritize which buildings in your city you want aided first
    • Do not place a proposal up for voting of any kind
    • Other languages forbidden (must have English translation)
    • Bringing computer functions to mobile devices
    • Any improvements to Inno itself (staff and new servers)
    This proposal is DNSL. Nice try though.

That is the challenge, to get the "Greater Runestone" rewards early. If you have to spend diamonds as Clara Osgood said, then you need to rethink your strategy.

People have stupid amounts of coins, which means people could unlock all expansions instantly. Did you think of that?

7. Kent the Helpfull

Kent the Helpfull New Member

To able to use coins to get those other 4 expansions would be still be a bit difficult to complete the settlement depending on how you do it. I guess those who can spend most of the day can complete it faster then those of us who can't. If only able to complete the settlements within the (bronze) days by my calculations would take upwards of 75 months (at about one piece a month) to get all the pieces of the runestone building. Is that a reasonable amount of time to wait to get a building and all the upgrades?

8. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

Plenty of players can make it to gold every time, and additionally many players have excess coins and will never have a challenge in the settlements if this was implemented.

PLUG WARNING If you need help, I'd recommend checking out my Cultural Settlements Guide (see link in my signature). There are also links to other guides and places for you to get some help.

9. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

I suggest you learn how to do settlements faster, so that you can complete within the earlier deadlines.

10. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

If you only play whenever you feel like it, then, yes. Plus, you're forgetting the rewards you get during the settlements, as well as the Yggdrasil and Emissaries.

And, yes, do check out @UBERhelp1 and his guide; I myself am using it. Only today, I decided to start doing the Cultural Settlements seriously (this will be my first settlement), and it is going great!

UBERhelp1 likes this.
  11. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Since this is a proposal, but the proposed change is on the Do Not Suggest List, I'm going to close this thread.

Super Catanian likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.