• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PC vs. Mobile

Normally I play on a tablet over a WiFi network. Tonight the WiFi is down so I logged in on a PC using the browser. Good grief, what a nightmare!!!

And I'm not talking about just the different layout. Some of the basic functionality is different in a bad way. For example, when reviewing the tavern, on mobile, one touch and I can then both aid and see if a reciprocal visit is possible. On PC, the Aid button is not there at all and I have to visit in order to see if I can visit. Do the coding teams for PC and Mobile even talk to each other?

I don't know how anybody actually enjoys playing on a PC.

Ebeondi Asi

I play on PC and cn also play the mobile version on Laptop using an Android sim. No problem. I know a player who uses the Andriod with sim all the time on PC. She just likes it better. I have zero problems using either one, but do usually play via PC version.
I have to admit the Mobile version Negotiations are far faster*, But I hardly even Negotiate.
* the huge lag between winning and the announcment I won pop up in PC is excruciatingly slow. I can see the Quest pop I won several seconds before I can clear the flap pop up .

Emberguard

It’s not “in a bad way”, it’s just designed for a mouse instead of a finger

Desktop you don’t even have to touch the player to see if you can aid or tavern visit when looking through social bar. Mobile you have to click extra for that

if you want to reciprocate use the town hall event filters (activate in the top left grey square)

The Lady Redneck

It all comes down to what you are used to. I play on a laptop. Have tried the phone version and find it clumsy and awkward. If all there was was that I definitely would not play the game. I only use it to set an alarm for my collections and if I want to put a large quantity of medals into the guild treasury. Best way to Aid on PC is via townhall events. And you can further break that down to do either, guild, friends or hood.

It’s not “in a bad way”, it’s just designed for a mouse instead of a finger

Desktop you don’t even have to touch the player to see if you can aid or tavern visit when looking through social bar. Mobile you have to click extra for that

if you want to reciprocate use the town hall event filters (activate in the top left grey square)
While I normally do most of my aiding and tavern sitting from the social bar, when I clear my tavern, I like to aid/return the visit for those who are present before I clear the seats. It gives me a decent number of friends who are off the 24 hour cycle, which is sometimes helpful when a daily challenge requires x number of aids or visits.

While I enjoy playing several games on PC, I really have to say that tablet will be remaining my preferred method.

It all comes down to what you are used to. I play on a laptop. Have tried the phone version and find it clumsy and awkward. If all there was was that I definitely would not play the game. I only use it to set an alarm for my collections and if I want to put a large quantity of medals into the guild treasury. Best way to Aid on PC is via townhall events. And you can further break that down to do either, guild, friends or hood.
When I aid, I do it through the social bar and I aid EVERYBODY - Friends, Guildies, neighborhood. That way I don't miss anybody, even if they've missed me.

FWIW, I cannot imagine trying to play on the tiny screen of a phone. Just doesn't seem like a good time to me.

Johnny B. Goode

I play on all 3. Phone, tablet and PC. Mostly PC, because it's so much easier for almost everything. Negotiating and buying FPs with coins are the only things I can think of that are easier on phone/tablet. And I rarely do either unless I have to. Of course, now that negotiations help with the Castle System, I'll be doing a bit more of those, but not enough to bother with switching off the PC to do them.

Actually, now that I think a bit, aiding/sitting from the social bar is a fraction easier on mobile. But to me that's offset by the fact that aiding from Event History is much easier on PC.

Fighting is incredibly easier on PC for various reasons, especially if you manually battle. (And manually battling is the only way that's actually fighting. Auto battle, which I use a lot, is not really fighting. It's just a test of your boosts and has nothing to do with actual skill.)

Nice2HaveU

PC vs Mobile,

- "You have already added 8 units" dialog window in mobile but PC it is not available.
- Guild treasury option put out easily in mobile.
- Army management, no touch selection of units in mobile but PC has.
- Mobile "heal all" disturbs slightly when compared with PC.
- Aiding in mobile at the screen edge gets auto adjust to view the next player in mobile, but in PC buttons to be clicked every 4 or 5 players to get new players to aid.
- Any battle victory points cleanly displayed in PC, but not in mobile(it got fixed but not sure).
- GvG for PC, but for mobile, it's like what the hell it is. (Also guild ranking becos of it).
- IMO, screen looks good in mobile when compared to PC.
- can't say one, many popups not available in mobile when compared to PC.
- market screen looks elegant in mobile.
- Army management has more buttons in PC.
- Market has more buttons in PC.
- can say more, but ending with below final statement(for fun - without any proof),
"More community members in PC when compared to mobile".

Johnny B. Goode

Myself mentioning about the forum, not the game.
How did you come up with that? Unless a person has stated specifically, you have no idea whether they play on PC or mobile. You could assume that those who do GvG play at least mostly on PC, but that's about it.

JoyfulRider

final statement(for fun - without any proof),
"More community members in PC when compared to mobile".
With lot of differences in update and features, you may feel so. But from what you said, no one can declare true or false. This statement is like counting how many stars. If one person said like 10.95billion stars, you cannot say anything to either accept or reject. Accepting will save time.

85gt

I just cannot play on a 3x5 screen, lol I have a rather large screen for my PC so its not so hard on my eyes and I can see most all my city, and GvG is a bigger part of the game for me than farmville GbG, looking for a new game anyhow.

I have seen a friend play on his phone and it looks like the most awkward thing ever. Too small and a pain to place buildings. About the only thing the phone looks good for is with it, I wouldn't have to close my eyes to start productions because the movement of the production window doesn't make me nauseous. Still not worth buying a new phone just for one thing. I will stick to the pc, it has GvG which is my favourite part of the game.