Fixed People walking where there are no longer streets.

Captain Christian

World: #US26
Browser and Version: Mozilla Firefox version 76.0.1
Description of the bug: When I opened reconstruction mode, people were still walking where my streets had previously been.
Screenshots:
Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.22.20 AM.png
How often this occurs: This bug occurred at approximately 8:20 A.M., E.S.T., and has never occurred before.
I have performed a quick search of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: I have. The nearest one to mine was not the same at all.
Have you tried resolving your issue by using the hints in this sticky thread?: This thread is no longer available.

WinnerGR

[RANT]
I think this bug is just one example of how the US servers bug reporting system has fallen apart , because this needs to be fixed ASAP and it has not even been officially confirmed yet.
Another way of proving that this is falling apart is the fact that the sticky thread has been removed.
US server staff , you need to pull your act together of reporting bugs to the devs .
This is still happening.
[/RANT]

Last edited:

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
[RANT]
I think this bug is just one example of how the US servers bug reporting system has fallen apart , because this needs to be fixed ASAP and it has not even been officially confirmed yet.
Another way of proving that this is falling apart is the fact that the sticky thread has been removed.
US server staff , you need to pull your act together of reporting bugs to the devs .
This is still happening.
[/RANT]
An 11 year old is telling Support how to do their job? :eek: :eek: :eek:

You just never learn!!

Go away!

WinnerGR

An 11 year old is telling Support how to do their job? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Half Correct , my online alias is 11 .
You just never learn!!
Support are the ones that need to learn and @Lady Marlena needs to knock some sense into them to stop them making recommendations for players to make stupid proposals when the do not have an answer
You yourself add mitt that support is a failing system on this server so something needs to be done about it and fast .

If you support my cause then I suggest you look at my about section where I will be keeping logs of these failures.

UBERhelp1

Disclaimer: This post is ranty and off-topic. Some people may not enjoy what I say here, but I don't care.

I wrote a really funny and sarcastic response, but that one I can't post because I knew that I'd get another PM from Winner saying that if I didn't change it he'd tattle to the mods again. And no, this one won't be edited by me because I have stuff to say and I'm going to say it. Get a backbone and deal with it.

We all know that there are some small, low-impact bugs in the game, there's quite a few that I don't report simply because they don't matter. However, the bigger bugs and future development are more important. It would be nice for this bug to be fixed, but does it really matter?

Also, do you really think that Support's job is to deal with proposals? They are meant to provide help to players, not take ideas. They don't deal with proposals because that would eat into their time quite a bit, taking them away from their purpose.

Is something a failure because it was not addressed within a week when there are more important things going on*? A mod recently left, so they may be shorthanded for the moment while they reshuffle and pick up new responsibilities. I won't pretend to know why they do what they do, but I appreciate the work they do and generally agree with their decisions. Their job, however, isn't to come to every single thread where someone is whining and has to link all the mods to it because they need an answer now and can't wait because they think they are the most important person in the world.

*If that's the case, then must I tell you what someone failed to do involving Egyptian Settlements on the beta forum. I'd say it would be a huge failure if it still isn't addressed...

WinnerGR

Disclaimer: This post is ranty and off-topic. Some people may not enjoy what I say here, but I don't care.

I wrote a really funny and sarcastic response, but that one I can't post because I knew that I'd get another PM from Winner saying that if I didn't change it he'd tattle to the mods again. And no, this one won't be edited by me because I have stuff to say and I'm going to say it. Get a backbone and deal with it.

We all know that there are some small, low-impact bugs in the game, there's quite a few that I don't report simply because they don't matter. However, the bigger bugs and future development are more important. It would be nice for this bug to be fixed, but does it really matter?

Also, do you really think that Support's job is to deal with proposals? They are meant to provide help to players, not take ideas. They don't deal with proposals because that would eat into their time quite a bit, taking them away from their purpose.

Is something a failure because it was not addressed within a week when there are more important things going on*? A mod recently left, so they may be shorthanded for the moment while they reshuffle and pick up new responsibilities. I won't pretend to know why they do what they do, but I appreciate the work they do and generally agree with their decisions. Their job, however, isn't to come to every single thread where someone is whining and has to link all the mods to it because they need an answer now and can't wait because they think they are the most important person in the world.

*If that's the case, then must I tell you what someone failed to do involving Egyptian Settlements on the beta forum. I'd say it would be a huge failure if it still isn't addressed...
I had a massive reply but sadly it so now I am just going to say that this needs fixing.

EDIT : This get;s fixed in the next update so can this be moved to the addresses sub-forum?
@Lancer , @plinker

Godly Luke

World: #US26
Browser and Version: Mozilla Firefox version 76.0.1
Description of the bug: When I opened reconstruction mode, people were still walking where my streets had previously been.
Screenshots:
View attachment 15921
How often this occurs: This bug occurred at approximately 8:20 A.M., E.S.T., and has never occurred before.
I have performed a quick search of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: I have. The nearest one to mine was not the same at all.
Have you tried resolving your issue by using the hints in this sticky thread?: This thread is no longer available.
Dumbass, that's where your streets currently are outside of reconstruction mode

Sheherazade

From time to time since I started playing the game I have seen peasants walking where roads no longer are when I have been restructuring my city. It is no big deal if they walk on the grass. We do not need park keepers putting up Keep Off The Grass signs. It does no harm. Once you have completed your new layout things will return to normal and they will again behave and stick to the paths and roads.

Super Catanian

So question, somewhat sarcastic but partly serious, and I neither support nor oppose the OP nor the you-know-who...

If it's a bug that residents are walking on the grass during RC mode because that's where roads were before, is the commonly-used strategy of clearing your city in RC mode to find pesky Incidents a... bug exploit?

DreadfulCadillac

So question, somewhat sarcastic but partly serious, and I neither support nor oppose the OP nor the you-know-who...

If it's a bug that residents are walking on the grass during RC mode because that's where roads were before, is the commonly-used strategy of clearing your city in RC mode to find pesky Incidents a... bug exploit?
me not knwing about this strategy until two seconds ago *Ive been kept in the dark for so longgggg*

Super Catanian

I tried that strategy and it also cleared the incidents. Is that a bug?
That's why I'm asking. If it is considered a bug, then everyone that has used the tactic mentioned above (myself included) is technically guilty of a bug exploit that "makes the game easier". ;)