• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pirate's Hideout motivation changed?

MOAGLEE

I'm pretty sure until yesterday I used to collect 85K coins on my pirate's hideout (LMA, 170% StM) but today's collection was 41K. I tried self-aiding it and it turns out the building cannot be motivated. Did anything change recently? My StM bonus was active on the collection. I'm pretty sure my building was getting motivated before.

Emberguard

Yep. Normally random production buildings are not motivatable and also plunderproof

Pirates hideout was until recently getting motivated which doubled coin output

don’t know which behaviour was intended but I suspect the ability to motivate it was a bug

-Chen-

Since I never have a problem getting all of my important stuff motivated, I would have preferred it the way it was, but no biggie, I still get plenty of looping with the coin quests without it, Just glad to know I'm not going crazy(er) caught me by surprise yesterday, lol.

Emberguard

Very strange. My special event and settlement buildings all get aid. Why would Pirate's Hideout be unable to get the aid?
Buildings have different typings to them which govern how you'd expect them to work.

However there's only the building types you see in the Building Menu + Random Producing + Tower. Because they haven't been adding new typings (you'll notice we have Sets and Chains but the buildings within those are not classified as Set or Chain, they're residential, decoration, cultural etc)

Because they're not adding new types you're going to see "hybrids". Buildings that are classified as one thing but will share characteristics of other types
  • Traditionally a Residential building provides Population and Coins, and can be motivated
  • A "Random Producing" building would traditionally appear as "All Ages" in inventory (automatically ages up), be plunderproof and be unaidable. Originally this was likely just Wishing Wells and Victory Towers but was later added to Set building pieces like the Mask Vendor, buildings that don't actually have random production but carry all the other characteristics
If you look at Crow's Nest and Druid's Temple both buildings are classified as Residential because they give Population -BUT- share all of the charateristics of a Random Producing building (they even produce randomly).

Pirate's Hideout is producing randomly so you'd expect the possibility of it behaving as a Random Producing building. But it's not a auto age up building. Because it requires a 1-Up/Reno kit and provides Population it's classified as Residential