• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pirates Hideout worth the space?

FriarTuck

The title says it all. Seems like a LOT of space for a not very impressive event building. Or have I missed something--which I OFTEN do.

Emberguard

17-33% Attack stat is pretty decent. At 30 squares of space that‘s 0.56 - 1.1% per tile

40 FPs at 40% of the time. Let’s say that’s 16 FPs per day on average. That puts it at 0.53 FPs per tile.

Whether or not it’s worth putting down will depend entirely on your city and what you already have in it. If you have space remaining that isn’t quite as good, then it’s worth it. If your worst building(s) (for the space taken) is still better than it, then it’s not worth it

Ironrooster

Looks pretty good to me. At lvl 9 Attack boost (25% PME), average 16 FP/day, avg 32 goods/day, medals, and supplies. Granted 5x6 is large, but then other bldgs in PME are as large for way less. Earlier ages with less space may have a problem fitting it in, but still may well be worth it.

The extensions are another matter. i.e. 5x2 for 8% defense boost (for attacking armies) is not very good compared to Sentinel Towers. So if space is a premium, these may not be a good bet.

DreadfulCadillac

Screenshot 2021-08-20 181509.png
(Screenshot from my city)
Yeah, it's definitely worth it. Once my PH is fully leveled, when doubled via the blue galaxy this chain+PH will give me a whopping 144 FP (When PH gives FP). Also, the building looks amazing, so...

Last edited:

Just An Observer

Impressive look but the FP count can be achieved or bettered in a GBG session (one reset to the next reset). Better to use space for A/D than FP production is the city building strategy which seems to be the most popular.

DreadfulCadillac

Impressive look but the FP count can be achieved or bettered in a GBG session (one reset to the next reset). Better to use space for A/D than FP production is the city building strategy which seems to be the most popular.
That requires a lot of time though, and especially going into the school year having the ability to spend 15 min a day to collect and get 500 fp from my city is really nice, ngl

Emberguard

That requires a lot of time though, and especially going into the school year having the ability to spend 15 min a day to collect and get 500 fp from my city is really nice, ngl
That's the one catch when it comes to attack VS FPs. How often are you willing to log in, and if you can only log in once per day for 15 mins do you find that worth increasing attacking boosts?

DreadfulCadillac

That's the one catch when it comes to attack VS FPs. How often are you willing to log in, and if you can only log in once per day for 15 mins do you find that worth increasing attacking boosts?
Currently, I log in pretty frequently, however having that FP capacity in my city (especially considering each chain is 0.4 FP/Sq, which is really good all things considered), is great when I can't get a lot of fights in for GBG, I just don't feel like doing GBG, or it's a bad season for our guild in GBG.

I prioritize both Attack and FP in my city, as can be seen in the screenshot linked below (The image is too big to upload to the forum) https://prnt.sc/1qdlzdd

My current attack is 552/431. My max attrition is 40, and in the last season (my best ever for GBG), I got over 2400FP from GBG. However, my current city collection of over 450 FP a day oftentimes exceeds my daily collection of FP from GBG, and I'm happy about that since GBG is very boring TBH.

Just An Observer

Interesting to see your POV being one of time management for placing the FP generators. It is a good option for those who do not have enough clock to work with but want the FP's that you came up with!

Agaselle

EMA is happy with the Pirates Hideout because its one of a kind and another good Event Building that gives Attack............